Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter, great pics from you and Rick, Glad your day went well, I must say the Western, Class 43 Warships, (Class 42 not so good) and the Hoover / Class 50 did sound good and was well received at our show.

Thanks Andy,

A friend of mine brought a class 50 along to my meeting and it sounded ok but needed the CV's sorted as it would speed up way to fast for the sound. 

Glad you had a good show.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

More superb photo's Peter. Must say, I have the Bachmann 101 but your's looks just as good with the subtle weathering on the under frames. Very nice indeed.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

It 's the underframe that lets it down the most to be honest, it can be improved by hacking away some of the plastic but I will leave mine for now. I have plenty of other projects to do first.

Cheers Peter.

You have really captured the atmosphere of the BR blue railway, Peter. As always superbly done. :)

Thanks Jeff,

I might try and do another running day in the new year so you can come down. Manfred missed my meeting too as did Roger.

Cheers Peter.

More nice modelling here Peter :locomotive:

Thanks Neil.

Cheers Peter.

More lovely atmospheric photo's. You really do spoil us. You'll probably think this is sacrilege but I would just love to see a Regional Railways, Transrail, Intercity Mainline liveried 37, take your pick, with a rake of Reggi rail Mark 2s sweeping round that bend and I will be in heaven. It just screams North Wales so much that it just takes me back about 20 years to my bashing days.

Oh and the Met Cam needs to be green!! Used Daisy a few times for desperate leaps and positioning moves.

See what you've done. You've made me all nostalgic now!! HaHa.

Marcus

• Like 1

More lovely atmospheric photo's. You really do spoil us. You'll probably think this is sacrilege but I would just love to see a Regional Railways, Transrail, Intercity Mainline liveried 37, take your pick, with a rake of Reggi rail Mark 2s sweeping round that bend and I will be in heaven. It just screams North Wales so much that it just takes me back about 20 years to my bashing days.

Oh and the Met Cam needs to be green!! Used Daisy a few times for desperate leaps and positioning moves.

See what you've done. You've made me all nostalgic now!! HaHa.

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I am glad my pics are making you all nostalgic, I think that's one reason why we model, to bring back  the memories of spotting and Bashing trips.

Best I can do is a large logo 37/4 and some blue grey MK1 rake. I do remember 37408 being up on the coast when I was there for a few days. I remember the green 101 too.

A few pics from my trip. Might bring back a few memories for you.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-16740900-1447847445_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-74943800-1447847610_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-49794000-1447847696_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-67904000-1447847739_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Marcus,

I am glad my pics are making you all nostalgic, I think that's one reason why we model, to bring back the memories of spotting and Bashing trips.

Best I can do is a large logo 37/4 and some blue grey MK1 rake. I do remember 37408 being up on the coast when I was there for a few days. I remember the green 101 too.

A few pics from my trip. Might bring back a few memories for you.

Cheers Peter.

Oooh you're making me all nostalgic now.

One of my favourite times, just before we had the 43's terrorising the rails!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

I have had a bit of a clean up this week and cleaned all the tracks on Llanbourne as I have a BRMA meeting here tomorrow.

Trains are all ready to go in the fiddleyard and  loco's are stabled in the depot.

The area around the groundframe has been finished off and I have re branded a friends class 66.

Cheers Peter.

Now that is how you stock a fiddleyard! Look at all that lovely traction......

Oh to be able to play trains......

Hi Peter

Sorry for not posting sooner. Thanks for posting those great pictures. Yep, they certainly bring back the memories. Can't believe its 15 years since they finished. How time flies. Now here we are in 2015 and yet again 37's are back in passenger service on the Cumbrian Coast. They are like a cat with nine lives!!

Cheers

Marcus

Now that is how you stock a fiddleyard! Look at all that lovely traction......

Oh to be able to play trains......

Thanks Alex,

Still plenty to add but running out of room. I have been running trains since my meeting last week problem is I have found a few loco's need some servicing I have had too pull apart one of my 108 DMUs due to poor running. I pulled the motor and gears out of another one and things seem to have improved but it's still not the best runner. Looks like more servicing tomorrow and no playing trains.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Sorry for not posting sooner. Thanks for posting those great pictures. Yep, they certainly bring back the memories. Can't believe its 15 years since they finished. How time flies. Now here we are in 2015 and yet again 37's are back in passenger service on the Cumbrian Coast. They are like a cat with nine lives!!

Cheers

Marcus

No worries Marcus,

I did see some pics of the DRS 37s back on the Cumbrian Coast. It's a line I didn't do back in the day which is a shame there are some nice stations and Semaphores on the route. If the trains are still running late  next year I might try and go out for a ride as I am planning a trip to the UK next September. 

Cheers Peter.

Yer I ment 37420,

she was scrapped in the end at the back of the EWS DMD in Crewe..

Think I saw 37414 at Wigan spring branch at one point,semi stripped..

Here's a rather sad photo I took at the DMD days before she was hauled off to Ron Hulls at Rotherham. Sadly her last trip!!

post-18515-0-45998800-1448197538.jpg

Sorry for the thread hijack Peter.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Cheers

Marcus

All be it not passenger turns a few weeks back on my day turn I had pair of 37s on the flasks with the top & tail water canon on block behind it

Then early afternoon top & tail Derby RTC to Holyhead & return test train, plus 67s on WAG & DFT loco hauled turns.

Bit common theses 37s now days..... :sarcastic:

Stu

• Like 3