Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Looking fantastic as ever Peter. I haven't been on RMWeb for months due to various reasons so having a hefty catch up today!

Hi Alex,

Yes it's been a while hope you are well mate, I have done a bit on Llanbourne since you were on I have probably done more on the layout this year than I the last five.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

More cracking photos Peter. Especially like D200 on the saloon, that really looks good. Might take mine for a run on PDW later. 

Thanks Marcus,

I checked out your lads video before and saw the saloon go by with a class 31 providing the power. Didn't see D200 though.

Cheers Peter.

It just keeps getting better & better Peter. I love the colours in the ballast in the new section, you just seem to get the blend and shades absolutely nailed. Like the inspection saloon & D200 as well, just all round superb modelling.

Cheers,

Stu.

Thanks Stu,

I had some trouble while working on D200 but it's come together well and is a bit of a favourite at the moment.

I am still following your progress and it looks like you will ballasting soon, it's a big job but doing small area's at a time makes it easier.

Cheers Peter.

I always knew that it was a long shot, but hey it was worth a try!

Loving the latest photos, how good does D200 look sat in the station. Quality!

Certainly worth a try Alex, 

As I said I do like class 60s, I actually remember when they first came out. I was working up Eastleigh Yard at the time when one came down for crew training. I remember the first time I climbed into the cab very spacious and modern compared to class 37s etc.

Cheers Peter.

Totally, this boy needs a big brother!

attachicon.gifpost-6894-0-52715700-1383778685.jpg

I must agree the side on shot of D200 on the saloon looks very well lit. If it weren't for the white brick wall in the background it could be a real photo!

Thanks Cav,

I do love your 45110  I remember seeing 110 and 107 back in the day and wanting to do at least one of them. 

I have thought about putting up a removable sky backscene when taking pics from the back of the layout. It would certainly improve the pic with D200.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Marcus,

I checked out your lads video before and saw the saloon go by with a class 31 providing the power. Didn't see D200 though.

Cheers Peter.

No D200 unfortunately although that's one I wouldn't mind adding to the collection. Sorry I should of emphasised the saloon when I said take mine for a run later.

A few shots of 47145 though which I hope didn't disappoint.

Cheers

Marcus

No D200 unfortunately although that's one I wouldn't mind adding to the collection. Sorry I should of emphasised the saloon when I said take mine for a run later.

A few shots of 47145 though which I hope didn't disappoint.

Cheers

Marcus

No worries Marcus,

I thought you had a D200 but I think for your time period D200 would have been stuck in York. 50007 looked good in the Charter set.

47145 did look good a nice set of wagons too.

Cheers Peter.

Fantastic shots of the layout, the scenery is fantastic :O . Great work Peter..............keep them coming!!

Thank you, Still a few more to come when I get a chance.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Regretfully, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I had another gout flare up this week and while I am recovering well now, I'm still not all that mobile.

I am absolutely positive your meeting will go well and will be very popular as usual. Enjoy the day (applies to Peter and to all who do go to the meeting). :)

WOWSER Young Peter, that looks the biz, sorry but tomorrow I'm at a show down the road from here in good Old Blighty, so I cant make the trip to Ozz, BUT I will be running Blue Diesel's with Sound on West Shed all day so will think of you guys enjoying yourselves down under as well.

• Like 2

Regretfully, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. I had another gout flare up this week and while I am recovering well now, I'm still not all that mobile.

I am absolutely positive your meeting will go well and will be very popular as usual. Enjoy the day (applies to Peter and to all who do go to the meeting). :)

No Worries Jeff,

Hopefully catch up at the next meeting.

Cheers Peter.

WOWSER Young Peter, that looks the biz, sorry but tomorrow I'm at a show down the road from here in good Old Blighty, so I cant make the trip to Ozz, BUT I will be running Blue Diesel's with Sound on West Shed all day so will think of you guys enjoying yourselves down under as well.

Thanks Andy,

Hope you have a good show, you know you would be more than welcome if you ever come down this way.

Cheers Peter.

Nice work on the 66 Peter :good:

Thanks Pete,

I am quite happy with it, masking was a bit of a pain, I needed to do a few touch up's but now it's weathered it looks pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

Wish I could make the trip!!!!!

How neat do your hidden sidings look???

Hope you have a good meeting, there looks to be plenty of 80's stock there to have fun with!!!

Jinty ;)

Thanks Jinty,

As I said to Andy if you are ever down this way you are more than welcome.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for today Peter.  Another enjoyable afternoon at Llanbourne and with the added attraction of the new work to admire.

The O2 seems to be running much better as well.

One of Penhayle Bay's Claytons has snuck into the yard alongside one of Llanbourne's 26s in a mock Scottish scene ;)

i-FnpGBNS-M.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I have had a bit of a clean up this week and cleaned all the tracks on Llanbourne as I have a BRMA meeting here tomorrow.

Trains are all ready to go in the fiddleyard and  loco's are stabled in the depot.

The area around the groundframe has been finished off and I have re branded a friends class 66.

Cheers Peter.

The peninsula was too far for a day trip so I went to the St Lukes show in Hornsby Heights instead.

• Like 1

I have to say Pete, I looked at these 2 pictures that I have copied over below, and even though some of them models are getting on a bit now in age, the DMU and the MK2d coaches are still fine models, and once subtly weathered they are as good as anything that is on the market today when you consider the cost difference in buying the all new all singing dancing models, and at least with your 101 the underframe bits won't fall off when handled, unlike todays Bachmann 101.

Nice modelling

Craig.

post-7022-0-59569600-1445498922_thumb.jppost-7022-0-01726600-1445600725_thumb.jp

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 13

Thanks for today Peter.  Another enjoyable afternoon at Llanbourne and with the added attraction of the new work to admire.

The O2 seems to be running much better as well.

One of Penhayle Bay's Claytons has snuck into the yard alongside one of Llanbourne's 26s in a mock Scottish scene ;)

i-FnpGBNS-M.jpg

Glad you had a good time Rick,

That 02 steamer of yours is a super looking little model I am glad it's running better now.

Thanks for posting up the pic but the class 26 belongs to Simon, though I think it's had more running on my layout than his.

Cheers Peter.

I have to say Pete, I looked at these 2 pictures that I have copied over below, and even though some of them models are getting on a bit now in age, the DMU and the MK2d coaches are still fine models, and once subtly weathered they are as good as anything that is on the market today when you consider the cost difference in buying the all new all singing dancing models, and at least with your 101 the underframe bits won't fall off when handled, unlike todays Bachmann 101.

Nice modelling

Craig.

post-7022-0-59569600-1445498922_thumb.jppost-7022-0-01726600-1445600725_thumb.jp

Thanks Craig,

I have two Lima 101's that have both have the better Hornby motors fitted and they run really well. I do like the look of the Bachmann model but it's out of my price range and I probably have enough 101's. I think the MK2ds look ok but I will be tempted with the new Bachmann ones when they come out, I was going to get some Hornby air cons too but they have their own problems so I will stick with my old ones for now.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 5