Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

Nice to see the layout progress, the new section scenery looks nice and the oil depot is taking shape nicely. I did a double take when I saw the 66. It looks really good in the landscape. I've just renumbered my model of 135 into the DB stickered 66098 just to add a bit of variety to my fleet of them. They have grown on me over the years I must admit.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I am still getting a bit done and the new section is coming together but I still have plenty to do and I don't seem to be getting much time in the garage at the moment so it seems to be taking ages to get things finished.

I will have to look on your thread for a pic of your 66098 as my mate wants one done like that as he has another 135. I will have to find out if transfers are available and let him know.

Cheers Peter.

I bit of progress this week, The oil terminal is coming together just more hoses to be glued on and some paint should see it just about finished. The estuary is being re done as the air dry clay i used just kept cracking and when I painted it the paint wouldn't dry and just peeled off. I ripped it all up and have started again using Das which seems to be working fine so far.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-44396800-1442646360_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-50328000-1442646433_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-86862500-1442646480_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rick,

You should get a bit done then, keep us posted. I think the weather is going to be a bit average tomorrow but better later in the week.

Cheers Peter.

I've rebuilt that polycarb roof over the layout.  Pics up tomorrow!  

Evening Andy,

Thanks mate, it's getting there. I got myself a static grass thingo which I need to try out. I will need to watch your how to video again.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, just go to You Tube and type in Trebudoc, and it should come up O.K. but yours looks very good.

I bit of progress this week, The oil terminal is coming together just more hoses to be glued on and some paint should see it just about finished. The estuary is being re done as the air dry clay i used just kept cracking and when I painted it the paint wouldn't dry and just peeled off. I ripped it all up and have started again using Das which seems to be working fine so far.

Cheers Peter.

I find mixing air dry clay with pva stops it cracking

I find mixing air dry clay with pva stops it cracking

Thanks Mullie,

I did try that but it made no difference, I am using the same method with some Das and it's working fine i have binned the other stuff.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

More impressive pictures!!

cheers neil..

Thanks Neil,

Still more to do but I am happy with how it's coming together now. 

About time I had a clean up and ran some trains it's been ages.

Cheers Peter.

The pump house is ready for paint and the pipework and hoses have been painted. The DAS has dried with no cracks so the estuary will be painted soon. I have also finished the fascia for the front of the layout, any thoughts on colour. I am thinking black but quite like the idea of dark green. Any thoughts?

Cheers Peter.

The pump house is ready for paint and the pipework and hoses have been painted. The DAS has dried with no cracks so the estuary will be painted soon. I have also finished the fascia for the front of the layout, any thoughts on colour. I am thinking black but quite like the idea of dark green. Any thoughts?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, its looking really great, now re the Facia colours, have a look at the three pics below from my West Shed, I started off with Black but it made it look gloomy IMHO, I then tried Green, now to me it wasn't right, so I have ended up with a Battleship Grey which I think now looks a lot better, but please judge for yourself.

post-9335-0-74661900-1443544721_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41195800-1443544809_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29914700-1443544914_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback guys, 

Andy it was your green that got me thinking, though I was going to go a bit darker like BRG. Dark grey does seem to look ok and believe it or not when I was in Bunnings last week I did see a dark grey tin of paint in the bargain bin I even picked it up. I might go there tomorrow after work and see if it's still there.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 2

Hhaha in Portsmouth nearly every house had some Battleship Grey Paint in it somewhere. :O

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

Lots of houses in the Eastleigh area were Brunswick green, later on quite a few were a nice shade of blue. :no:  :no:

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter, just catching up on your progress and have to say that really is looking superb! Great work on the oil sidings. That was made for a class 60!

Oh sorry, I forgot that they are a bit too late for you.....well, you can't blame me for trying!

I do like the four locos stabled, there is something about seeing locos parked up between duties.

Hi Peter, just catching up on your progress and have to say that really is looking superb! Great work on the oil sidings. That was made for a class 60!

Oh sorry, I forgot that they are a bit too late for you.....well, you can't blame me for trying!

I do like the four locos stabled, there is something about seeing locos parked up between duties.

Thanks Alex,

As much as I like the class 60s there isn't much chance of one turning up at Llanbourne, I wouldn't mind an old Lima one for the display case, they do turn up on ebay now and then.

The four loco's have been there a while and are covered in dust There are a few loco's on shed too and need a clean. The whole layout needs a good clean as I haven't run trains in ages. The whole garage is quite untidy at the moment as I have been working on the layout for the last few months, I hope to have a tidy up soon though as I need to get a few trains running.

Cheers Peter.