Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Please add our best wishes for Leanne's full and complete recovery.  I know these things can be very worrying and can take a fair time to fix up but "All clear" is a good sign even if there are still a few little bumps in the road.

That's good news, Peter. My very best wishes to you both. It sounds like she has been through so much.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Leanne is feeling a lot better this week though still getting plenty of antibiotics which still means going to the hospital each day.

We were meant to be going on holiday tomorrow but we have had to cancel it. Hopefully we can go later in the year. I still have next week off though so might get some modelling done.

Cheers Peter. 

Please add our best wishes for Leanne's full and complete recovery.  I know these things can be very worrying and can take a fair time to fix up but "All clear" is a good sign even if there are still a few little bumps in the road.

Thanks Rick,

It has been a hard few weeks but hopefully things will improve in the next few weeks though still two lots of chemo to go.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks Alex, 

Leanne is certainly better this week compared to this time last week. As I said still a way to go but fingers crossed.

Cheers Peter.

I guess both the girls I. You life are giving you grey hairs!

Will we see you on Saturday or will you be on nursing duty!

What Hair Doug, lol

Though whats left is pretty grey. 

I will see you Saturday I just let Jeff know I would be coming up.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hello Peter,

Although I don't personally know you, I'd like to say I'm sorry to read of your wife's illness and I wish you all best of look for the future.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, your right about the 47s being a minefield when it comes to remunbering and detailing, so many variables to look for, I with the help of (Blatant plug here) www.class47.co.uk spend ages looking for just the right one to model, it can get s bit tedious, but it's all worth it when I get it back and it looks the part.

I've started to put up pictures (another blatant plug, sorry) in my gallery of my loco fleet. I'll get round to putting my 47s on but with so many it's gonna be few long nights adjusting the pics to put up.

Anyway enough of me, keep up the great work and I hope all goes well for you n family.

Dave.

Hello Peter,

Although I don't personally know you, I'd like to say I'm sorry to read of your wife's illness and I wish you all best of look for the future.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, your right about the 47s being a minefield when it comes to remunbering and detailing, so many variables to look for, I with the help of (Blatant plug here) www.class47.co.uk spend ages looking for just the right one to model, it can get s bit tedious, but it's all worth it when I get it back and it looks the part.

I've started to put up pictures (another blatant plug, sorry) in my gallery of my loco fleet. I'll get round to putting my 47s on but with so many it's gonna be few long nights adjusting the pics to put up.

Anyway enough of me, keep up the great work and I hope all goes well for you n family.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

I must admit I have used the class 47 site a few time to find info on the class 47s I have done. 

Can you post up a link for your gallery I would like to check out your class 47s. 

I need to post up a pic or two of my progress this week I might dig out a 47 to put in the shot.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

This week has been quite productive, A start has been made on the pipework for the oil terminal and the wall and air drying clay has been spread on what will hopefully be the waters edge that will hopefully look like mud when finished.

47106 was placed on the track too just coz I felt like it.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-49371400-1439554786_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-04322500-1439554829_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-12995500-1439554878_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Looking good, Peter. :)

Your expertise in operating the NCE system may be called upon tomorrow, as my foot is still very tender (gout attack) so I cannot stand on it for any length of time. Don't tell DougN, but he may be roped in as well!! :D   :mosking:

Looking good, Peter. :)

Your expertise in operating the NCE system may be called upon tomorrow, as my foot is still very tender (gout attack) so I cannot stand on it for any length of time. Don't tell DougN, but he may be roped in as well!! :D   :mosking:

Sorry to hear that Jeff,

I know what gout is like I had it my foot last time too. I will be happy to help, it will be good to see what you have been up to.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, coming on well, that Bridge does look the part now, and I'm looking forward to seeing the beach develop.

P.S. Meant to say, love that 47, grubby, nice.

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Peter, coming on well, that Bridge does look the part now, and I'm looking forward to seeing the beach develop.

P.S. Meant to say, love that 47, grubby, nice.

Thanks Andy,

This area is coming together quite well. The plan is to make the beach look more like an Estuary so more muddy looking than sandy.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Nice job on the 47 Peter, really nice l think the blue era comes to life with a nice light dusting of weathering, you have it spot on...

Thanks George,

I tend to go for the less is more when it comes to weathering. Too much crud caked on doesn't really do it for me.

Cheers Peter.

Sorry to hear about Leanne Peter.  I didn't know she had breast cancer.  Hope she gets well soon.

Layout's looking good mate.  That new bit looks great.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil, 

HAD being the positive word. 

Just had a quick look at your blog the overhead looks great, I will go back later for a proper look.

Re our chat on Saturday on platform edging it is Peco check out LK-62. Looks quite good, it might even be to P4 standards. lol

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress on the oil terminal and I have placed some trees at the back which I think looks ok so will probably glue them in at some point. I have also made a start on some fence posts.

While I had the paint out the other day I finished a couple of parcel vans. These were built by a friend who passed away a few years ago. The Southern van just needed weathering the other was missing wheels brakes glazing and needed the roof glued on and Kadee's fitted. The reason for finishing the models was an invite to help run a friends BR/S based terminus layout at a local exhibition.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-94272600-1440682002_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-69908000-1440682035_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-82276700-1440682090_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-55522300-1440682146_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-14987700-1440682198_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-62794300-1440682235_thumb.jpg

• Like 13