Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

And after the scenery, you need to download Templot and learn how to use it. Persevere with it, as it's a great programme, and watch the tutorials over and over again.

The bridge area is looking really good now too.

Jinty ;)

Hi Peter, the Bridge looks great mate, really nice bit of work, BUT as you say the Backscene looks like it needs a bi of TLC to blend it in. I tend to do my own, which sometimes work and sometimes don't. some of the International Models ones really do blend in well. Some of the best examples I've seen on here is Richards (Ben Alder / The Far North Line) and Larry's, (Coachman / Ellesmere North).

All the best with whichever route you take.

Love the Eastleigh sign.

Thanks Andy,

Your backscenes look pretty good but as you say Richard's and Larry's look good too. I may try and paint some hills then see if I can use some of the printed stuff in front.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Darn! I was hoping to catch up with you at the next meeting, seing as Doug and I both missed Manfred's one (Doug's daughter's concert clashed). I still have that class 37 for you if you still want it.

Hi Jeff,

It looks like I am going to miss yours too as we will be away for a short holiday. A sort of recovery for Leanne as she is having Chemo at the moment. I might have to sort a Saturday afternoon with you and just come up as I still want the class 37.

Cheers Peter.

And after the scenery, you need to download Templot and learn how to use it. Persevere with it, as it's a great programme, and watch the tutorials over and over again.

The bridge area is looking really good now too.

Jinty ;)

Hi David,

Templot is something I need to look at but my computer skills are not the best so will see how I go.

Cheers Peter.

You have made a start, now the fun really begins, you'll never go back to Peco, hand built stuff always looks better, as you will soon find out, watching with interest, good luck...

Thanks George,

I am a bit like the US Army at the moment as I have all the gear but no real idea how to use it. But looking forwards to giving it a go.

Cheers Peter.

Pete do I need to do a bit of s clinic with a few people. As weekend can book out do you want to head up here or vis a versa at another time? Not sure what exactly has been booked for the next 2 months re weekends.

Pete do I need to do a bit of s clinic with a few people. As weekend can book out do you want to head up here or vis a versa at another time? Not sure what exactly has been booked for the next 2 months re weekends.

Hi Doug,

Sounds like a good Idea, I am happy to come up to you I can call into Jeff's too. I have a bit going on at the moment may be the end of the month.

Cheers Peter.

Can do. Have you played with Templot yet? I have tried but time usually gets away from me! End of the month would be ok by me.

Hi Doug,

If you are having trouble with Templot I don't fancy my chances. How does Sunday 26th sound. I could come up for a few hours in the arvo.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

The bridge looks very good. Nice to catch up with the progress on the layout. I like the nameplate too, I only saw 33008 once on a Railtour down the Ham goods line. Pair of railfreight tractors on the other end and an intercity set of mk1's. Was a complete suprise to the normal metals 37's on the steel workings at the time.

All the best

Mark

Yeap the afternoon of the 26th is clear. Come over and we can do some modelling.... as long as you have a template you want to build too! is it a Turnout or straight track you want to build? 

I can get both including a cross over from Templot with difficulty. 

Yeap the afternoon of the 26th is clear. Come over and we can do some modelling.... as long as you have a template you want to build too! is it a Turnout or straight track you want to build? 

I can get both including a cross over from Templot with difficulty. 

Sounds liks a plan Doug,

I don't have any Template at the moment. I will have a go at Templot but I am sure we can sort something on the day. I need a Y point and and standard left hand so we can have a crack at one of those. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

The bridge looks very good. Nice to catch up with the progress on the layout. I like the nameplate too, I only saw 33008 once on a Railtour down the Ham goods line. Pair of railfreight tractors on the other end and an intercity set of mk1's. Was a complete suprise to the normal metals 37's on the steel workings at the time.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

Nice to see you back on here. I noticed your thread has come to life again, i will look out for the article on your layout.

33008 was always a bit of a favourite of mine I saw the loco a number of times and in it's many liveries. I have a Heljan model  33008 to do at some point but I am working on the layout at the moment so it's a way down the list of stock I need to do.

Cheers Peter.

Not sure how to to do the Y point..... Can't be that hard. The left hand is no issue though... can you tell me how long or the angle you want and I can print it out very easily. Some things I can do and email to you as a PDF. 

• RMweb Premium
Not sure how to to do the Y point..... Can't be that hard.

That depends on what sort of Y-turnout you want. If one road is a running line, and the other road is into a siding, set a curviform V-crossing and then just bend an ordinary turnout to fit (F6 mouse action). That's called "contraflexure" or negative curving radius:

y_symm0b.gif

If it is part of a curved crossover, set a regular V-crossing instead. In most cases Templot will do it all for you if you click tools > make ordinary crossover menu item.

If you want a symmetrical Y-turnout with the switch deflection split between both roads, it is more work (also it is quite rare on the prototype). There is a tutorial on the Templot web site all about Y-turnouts (sorry it is a bit out-of-date). See:

http://www.templot.com/martweb/y_symm.htm

regards,

Martin.

• Like 1

Thanks Martin, I do need time to work on Templot. The one thing I need is spare time as my normal working day starts at 7.00am and finishes about 6.30 at night so spare time I find is hard to come by with spare brain energy!

hi bruv just checking in to see what ya up to , the bridge looks good & back scene is coming on well ..keep up the good work!.   

Thanks Mate,

I think I am going to have a crack at painting the backscene now. The bridge has come out quite well I have been working on the scenics around the bridge in the last week but it's been quite cold here so I haven't been out much.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Good luck with the track building Peter, when you have cracked it you won't go back to Peco!

Thanks Rob,

It's something I have wanted to have a go at for a while now. The plan is to build all the points for the new exhibition layout.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

Hello P.C.M.

This is my first ever post on here, so please bear with if i ramble.

Its taken me over a week so far to get through your forum and I'm still only on page 112. 

Would like to say your layout is awesome, and i will defiantly (if you don't mind) use it as a point of refeance along with your work bench forum

for ideas/inspiration when i do eventually get round to starting my own self built  layout.

I also have a thing about Class 47s and currently have about 30, give or take, all Bachmann.

I have most of the limited editions but also have a fair number that have been repainted, renumbered and weathered by a gentleman from south wales, (I'm not confidant enough to butcher my models just yet)

If you like I can put up a couple of pictures just to show you some of them, I have a few blues as well. I haven't got the technical detailing skills yet that you seem to posses,

but I have tried to detail one or two as a test and seem to have done okay.  

Iv gone for western region based 47s along with some freight dedicated locos of Tinsely, but I'm still quite new to it all and still in the researching phase so I'm probably 

not as accurate as most on here seem to be yet with detailing, locations etc. 

​But thats the beauty of this hobby, its an enjoyable learning curve and one I'm happy to pick up. 

I shall continue reading your threads after this, and hopefully be fully caught up in the next few days. 

Dave. 

Edited by Thames 611
  • Like 2

Hello P.C.M.

This is my first ever post on here, so please bear with if i ramble.

Its taken me over a week so far to get through your forum and I'm still only on page 112. 

Would like to say your layout is awesome, and i will defiantly (if you don't mind) use it as a point of refeance along with your work bench forum

for ideas/inspiration when i do eventually get round to starting my own self built  layout.

I also have a thing about Class 47s and currently have about 30, give or take, all Bachmann.

I have most of the limited editions but also have a fair number that have been repainted, renumbered and weathered by a gentleman from south wales, (I'm not confidant enough to butcher my models just yet)

If you like I can put up a couple of pictures just to show you some of them, I have a few blues as well. I haven't got the technical detailing skills yet that you seem to posses,

but I have tried to detail one or two as a test and seem to have done okay.  

Iv gone for western region based 47s along with some freight dedicated locos of Tinsely, but I'm still quite new to it all and still in the researching phase so I'm probably 

not as accurate as most on here seem to be yet with detailing, locations etc. 

​But thats the beauty of this hobby, its an enjoyable learning curve and one I'm happy to pick up. 

I shall continue reading your threads after this, and hopefully be fully caught up in the next few days. 

Dave. 

Hi Dave,

I am glad you are enjoying the thread, and that it has given you some idea's and inspiration. Feel free to copy what you want as most things on Llanbourne have been copied from the real thing or other layouts.

Class 47s can be a bit of a minefield when it comes to detailing but there is a thread on class 47s in another section which is useful for information though I am happy to help. Llanbourne's class 47s stand at 6 Bachmann and one Lima non powered loco. Still to do are 3 others, one of which is in bits and will be a railfreight grey loco when I find time to do it.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1