Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

The bridge looks superb Peter. I've sent you a PM asking for a bit of advice as I've just built two bridges up out of foam board for Peak Dale Wood.

Out of interest whose stone cladding have you used? Sorry if you mentioned it else where in the thread.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

As Jason said it the Wills course stone, it is a bit thick and can make corners a bit tricky but I usually use a bit of filler to hide my bad workmanship.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Bridge looks great Peter, despite some reservations, you as expected have pulled it off. As Alex says, looking forward to the next stage now.

Thanks Scott,

It's come out quite well. I hope to get more done over the weekend. The plan is to crack on with some more scenery and the oil terminal as I have found a kit with loads of pipework which will be suitable for what I want.

Glad to see you back doing a bit again.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work Peter on the little relay cabinet cameo, as ever a real inspiration and give me so many ideas. The trouble is finding where you obtain all your detailing parts etc from.

All the best

Simon

Excellent work Peter on the little relay cabinet cameo, as ever a real inspiration and give me so many ideas. The trouble is finding where you obtain all your detailing parts etc from.

All the best

Simon

Thanks Simon,

The relay cabinets in that pic are built from scratch but other detail bits like point handles are from Dart Castings they have a great website with heaps of detail bits, well worth a look.

Cheers Peter.

That's looking really good, Peter. Won't it damage your stock when you drive off the end of it though??   :scratchhead:   :jester: 

It also puts me under notice that I must get some more of my own bridge construction under way too, preferably before August!

That's looking really good, Peter. Won't it damage your stock when you drive off the end of it though??   :scratchhead:   :jester: 

It also puts me under notice that I must get some more of my own bridge construction under way too, preferably before August!

Hi Jeff,

I don't have any stock to fit the track on the bridge.  :jester:  Two months ntil your meeting so you better get cracking.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new bridge is now finished and bedded, Now I am thinking about the backscene and I am not really happy the  printed one. Any thoughts would be appreciated I am thinking of painting it which will make it blend in better. The printed ones seem to stand out too much.

I put something on the wall today too a friend of mine bought it back from the UK.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-29903800-1436681053_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-26131900-1436681119_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-32541500-1436681162_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Pete it looks really good. As you have said the wills sheet is challenging to use as it tends not to do certain things like bend! I have the new Iain Rice book on plastic buildings. It is rather interesting in looking at the changes in the methods and materials in about 30 years. I have both the original and new. I will try to remember to bring both versions to the next meeting.

• RMweb Premium

The new bridge is now finished and bedded, Now I am thinking about the backscene and I am not really happy the  printed one. Any thoughts would be appreciated I am thinking of painting it which will make it blend in better. The printed ones seem to stand out too much.

I put something on the wall today too a friend of mine bought it back from the UK.

Cheers Peter.

Very nice Peter. When I was involved with the Departmental/Infrastructure fleets in the early 1990s, nameplates on locos in Railfreight Grey and later in "Dutch" livery had black backgrounds, matching the depot logos. Was this one red before (or after) that, or is it just because you prefer it that way?

Very nice Peter. When I was involved with the Departmental/Infrastructure fleets in the early 1990s, nameplates on locos in Railfreight Grey and later in "Dutch" livery had black backgrounds, matching the depot logos. Was this one red before (or after) that, or is it just because you prefer it that way?

Hello St Enodoc, Eastleigh did carry red backed plates when it was in it's blue & retro green liveries in the mid to late 80's.

HTH

Craig.

Hi Peter, the Bridge looks great mate, really nice bit of work, BUT as you say the Backscene looks like it needs a bi of TLC to blend it in. I tend to do my own, which sometimes work and sometimes don't. some of the International Models ones really do blend in well. Some of the best examples I've seen on here is Richards (Ben Alder / The Far North Line) and Larry's, (Coachman / Ellesmere North).

All the best with whichever route you take.

Love the Eastleigh sign.

Pete it looks really good. As you have said the wills sheet is challenging to use as it tends not to do certain things like bend! I have the new Iain Rice book on plastic buildings. It is rather interesting in looking at the changes in the methods and materials in about 30 years. I have both the original and new. I will try to remember to bring both versions to the next meeting.

Thanks Doug,

I can't make the next meeting but I am sure we will catch up at some point. I need to talk track building with you. I have a few bits, Thanks again to Dave (jinty) 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-17569800-1436687435_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Doug,

I can't make the next meeting but I am sure we will catch up at some point. I need to talk track building with you. I have a few bits, Thanks again to Dave (jinty) 

Cheers Peter.

Darn! I was hoping to catch up with you at the next meeting, seing as Doug and I both missed Manfred's one (Doug's daughter's concert clashed). I still have that class 37 for you if you still want it.

Hi John,

Yes they were painted black on the Departmental fleet but when 33008 was blue then green then green again again after being painted Grey then Dutch it was red.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-72031400-1436688688_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 8