Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Superb photos Peter. Layout really is stunning. Really love the one of the sweeping curve with the Peak coming round.

Plenty of inspiration there.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Peaks are a bit of a favourite so my fleet gets plenty of use. They were quite common in the Buxton area right to the end in 88. :senile:

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Great pics Peter. I especially like the ones of the 31. The new curve is great and adds a fantastic dimension of trains going off somewhere. I would have liked to have seen a bit of cant on the curve though, train leaning round curve look superb!

Great pics Peter. I especially like the ones of the 31. The new curve is great and adds a fantastic dimension of trains going off somewhere. I would have liked to have seen a bit of cant on the curve though, train leaning round curve look superb!

Thanks Cav,

There is some cant, I was worried I had over done it but looking at pics I could have made it a tad higher.

I will try and take a pic that shows it better.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely pictures again Peter.

You keep teasing with 319 don't you???? ;)

That last picture of the 33 is a cracker, and shows off the gentle cant to good effect.

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty,

Nothing to do with me, it just happen'd to be rostered on the Speedlink. Honest. :scratchhead:

Cheers Peter,

Ahh you can see a slight cant there, it does make a difference with a lean. When I did the one on Outon I made it in your face. Sometimes a subtle cant isnt obvious on a model. I think mine was about 1mm higher on the end of the sleeper on the outer rail. Translates to a 75mm cant which was quite steep.

Ahh you can see a slight cant there, it does make a difference with a lean. When I did the one on Outon I made it in your face. Sometimes a subtle cant isnt obvious on a model. I think mine was about 1mm higher on the end of the sleeper on the outer rail. Translates to a 75mm cant which was quite steep.

Hi Cav,

I used plasticard which I think was about 1mm. It looked ok before I ballasted the track but I may be could have added a bit more I was worried too much might look wrong. Some better than none though I guess.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I havent got time to look through this entire thread, but I have looked through some pages and your work is absolutely stunning. I hope that I will get time to see some more of the thread.

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter,

There is a fair bit to read some of it's actually interesting.lol

Glad you like the layout.

Cheers Peter. 

• RMweb Premium

There is a fair bit to read some of it's actually interesting.lol

No, no, no!!! It's all just some drivel about a toy train set someone has in his shed! ;)

But it's a good one and more class pictures have been added in my absence.

• Like 2

More pics from the running session.

Having taken over from 45029, 45141 powers the train to Bangor. The front coach is a declassified MK1 FO these were often used in Trans Pennine rakes. 

31319 is seen heading to Warrington on the daily Speedlink.

33010 has arrived on a train from Bangor and is picking up a van from plat 4 to attach to it's train before leaving for Cardiff.

Cheers Peter.

Like the 31 on freight.

No, no, no!!! It's all just some drivel about a toy train set someone has in his shed! ;)

But it's a good one and more class pictures have been added in my absence.

Thanks Rick,

Are you back from the UK yet?

Hope you are having/had a good trip. Will have to catch up sometime.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Some seriously good motive power on Llanbourne!!  I had a bit of a double take when I saw the McRats tho :D

Obviously the gen is a bit thin on the ground as I can't believe there's a pair of 40's with nobody leaning out of the coach windows ;)

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

Hi Peter

More superb photos. The crane looks superb as well as the Mc Rats. After spending the whole day on Peakdale yesterday I think it's time to have a play day today.

Managed to get the track laid in the run round loop and the rest of the quarry so I've got plenty of operating potential now. Also my mate from work came and solidered my droppers on ready for when I put the DCC system in. So a very busy day.

Keep those pictures coming.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2