Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

All looking good, again, I like the point equipment, gives it more of a realistic edge.

So what's the idea behind the point with no blade??????? :O

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty,

Out of use siding is the plan. Sometimes the point would be removed but in a yard removing the blade and clipping the other one would be ok.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Jinty,

Out of use siding is the plan. Sometimes the point would be removed but in a yard removing the blade and clipping the other one would be ok.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter

The Llanbourne extension is looking good. Nice to see you're incorporating some disused track, something I always like to see modelled.

Cheers

Alan

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter,

Llanbourne is looking as good as ever and I look forward to seeing it again sometime soon.  

I was surprised to say the least to find some of your favourite types berthed in the station area on my recent visit to Derby.  Not only were preserved class 25 and 44 locos present but also no fewer than ten very much in use class 20s.  That number would have been good back in their heyday but in 2014 I found it a remarkable collection.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

The Llanbourne extension is looking good. Nice to see you're incorporating some disused track, something I always like to see modelled.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan,

I did a bit by the station and was quite pleased with how it looked so thought I would do it again. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Llanbourne is looking as good as ever and I look forward to seeing it again sometime soon.  

I was surprised to say the least to find some of your favourite types berthed in the station area on my recent visit to Derby.  Not only were preserved class 25 and 44 locos present but also no fewer than ten very much in use class 20s.  That number would have been good back in their heyday but in 2014 I found it a remarkable collection.

Hi Rick,

Welcome back, Hope you had a good trip. I did quite well with vintage traction on my trip back in May but no class 20s. 

I have a meeting here in November, you are welcome to come along. 22nd.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Peter - I've marked the date.  Still back home for another couple of weeks yet though.  New delights this year include watching class 70s top-and-tail past the folks' backyard around 6am working the overnight engineering trains back to Eastleigh.  Beats the monotony of 313 and 377 units.  Any day now we should also get the leaf-fall treatment trains as well sandwiched between two 66s

Cheers Peter - I've marked the date.  Still back home for another couple of weeks yet though.  New delights this year include watching class 70s top-and-tail past the folks' backyard around 6am working the overnight engineering trains back to Eastleigh.  Beats the monotony of 313 and 377 units.  Any day now we should also get the leaf-fall treatment trains as well sandwiched between two 66s

Hi Rick,

Enjoy your last few weeks, the weather here is still very changeable. 

I must admit I really quite like the class 70s and saw a few Colas locos at Eastleigh earlier this year.

Cheers Peter.

I love the subtle weathering on the ballast wagons, Peter.

It's all really taking shape now and looking very good.

Thanks Jeff,

Trying to get a bit done for my meeting in November. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, are the Rudds from the Cambrian kits ? They look good.

Happy modelling

Craig.

Hi Craig,

The Rudds are Grampus. Both wagons look very alike though, and the Rudds a much later build and are Air braked. The two in shot are just weathered Dapol models which I think look pretty good others in the rake are Cambrian kits which are a I think a bit better than the Dapol wagon and go together really well.

A couple of pics of the Cambrian kit.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-61947200-1412379445_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-64080200-1412379464_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

What about a LNER P2?

Additions look good.

May come down and check it out myself.

My Garratt had a run on a friends larger layout today, didn't miss a beat.  He hadn't seen one, so I took it up to show him.  Lives an hours drive north.

Mark

I have just taken my scanner out of summer hibernation, here is another picture of 56070 on the flyash at Llandudno Junction

post-7081-0-15860500-1412422822.jpg

56070 discharging flyash 7/6/83

And while I have the photos out here is another shot of freight traffic I took that day 

post-7081-0-00351200-1412422841.jpg

Llandudno Junction resident class 08 no. 08023 at work in the yard, 7/6/83 

cheers

Edited by Rivercider
  • Like 10

Hi Pete,

Looking really good. I can't wait until the next meeting to see the changes.

Peter

PS Is there room for a Garratt to run at the next meet?   :scratchhead:

Hi Peter,

You can bring your Garrett, the curve in the tunnel might be a bit tight though.

Cheers Peter.

What about a LNER P2?

Additions look good.

May come down and check it out myself.

My Garratt had a run on a friends larger layout today, didn't miss a beat.  He hadn't seen one, so I took it up to show him.  Lives an hours drive north.

Mark

Thanks mark,

No! Don't like P2s. lol

Only joking bring it along if you want though I would say the long wheel base might mean it doesn't like my tight curve in the tunnel.

Cheers Peter.

I have just taken my scanner out of summer hibernation, here is another picture of 56070 on the flyash at Llandudno Junction

attachicon.gifscan0002a.jpg

56070 discharging flyash 7/6/83

And while I have the photos out here is another shot of freight traffic I took that day 

attachicon.gifscan0003a.jpg

Llandudno Junction resident class 08 no. 08023 at work in the yard, 7/6/83 

cheers

Thanks Kevin,

I really like the yard pic. Something I would like to get are the acid tanks that always seem to be in pics of Llandudno Jct yard. 

My 56070 is still in bits waiting to be weathered but I have made progress with my MGR wagons.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter :)

Just been catching up with your wonderful layout, inspiring as always. ...love those 2 class 40's in the last pics.

Best Wishes

Phill

Thanks Phill,

Great to see you back on here, Hope you are well. Just watched the youtube clip nice to see the layout running. 

Cheers Peter.