Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Just love this layout!! and the latest batch of photos are just superb so very indicative of the era.  The last one in post 2603 is spot on and so dam life like; nowt to say it is a model.

Paul

The K class looks good something like a Southern N class ,were did it run please?

The K class ran over most parts of the state of Victoria on the broad gauge network. Over 50 locos were built at Newport workshops near Melbourne. 

I think they are a great looking loco and luckily some are still running in preservation. 

Cheers Peter.

That k looks great Pete. Who was the manufacturer?

Not sure Doug, my mate bought it RTR  I think the kit was done by DJH and is brass and whitemetal. A local guy builds them.

Cheers Peter.

Just love this layout!! and the latest batch of photos are just superb so very indicative of the era.  The last one in post 2603 is spot on and so dam life like; nowt to say it is a model.

Paul

Thanks Paul, 

Cheers Peter.

97407 waits for an in coming ballast to work forward to Crewe. The loco has been sat on the workbench for a while but  now has a new Bachmann chassis from one of the older models.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-12094300-1407149956_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-38616100-1407149989_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Hi Peter,

Another superb loco for your fleet you capture the grime brilliantly.

Thanks

Mark

Hi mark,

I have always liked the weathering on this loco, one of the reasons I decided to re chassis it. 

Any news on your class 26 seem to remember you saying you were working on one.

Cheers Peter.

Very nice Peter Point rodding looking very good there.

Thanks Neil,

I still have more to do, though plenty of other things on the go at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi mark,

I have always liked the weathering on this loco, one of the reasons I decided to re chassis it.

Any news on your class 26 seem to remember you saying you were working on one.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

I have weathered the chassis and detailed it with the buffer beam pipe work and ploughs at one end I also the the spring mods on the bogies to move them back. I'm not so good at body weathering though so its still clean. I will get it finished at some point and share a pic.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

That 40 is just spot on, :declare:

I remember them roaring and whistling as they passed on the Irish Mail, as the main line was right near our house when I was a lad.,

I also remember one demolishing the footbridge at Rhyl whilst shunting as well!!!!!, well the footbridge upright, they had to erect a new one!!! :O :o I think the loco ran away!!! (not after it had hit the bridge of course!!) :jester:

Jinty ;-)

Signalmans error, set the road for the head shunt, driver thought he was setting back to the down slow.

Thanks,

I was walking over the H bridge that day and saw it after it had hit, I took a picture too, but God knows where that is now!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Hi Peter,

That 40 is just spot on, :declare:

I remember them roaring and whistling as they passed on the Irish Mail, as the main line was right near our house when I was a lad.,

I also remember one demolishing the footbridge at Rhyl whilst shunting as well!!!!!, well the footbridge upright, they had to erect a new one!!! :O :o I think the loco ran away!!! (not after it had hit the bridge of course!!) :jester:

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty,

I only saw a few class 40s as they didn't get down to the Southern much. The ones I did see I remember quite well, 97406 and 7 I managed to get photo's of  and D200 was my only haulage. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

The class 40 is a lovely piece of work Peter, great work as ever.

Thanks Rob, 

Considering I did the body over 16 years ago it looks pretty good against my newer stock. Now that it's running on a Bachmann chassis it runs as good as it looks.

Cheers Peter.

Two arrivals last week, I have been looking for a blue class 56 for a while and have missed a few on ebay but finally won one. It was still quite expensive but I have a Coal sector one that I will probably sell on.

The pic is only of the box as the loo is already in bits. I had to put a decoder in the loco so while it was apart I decided to start work on it. It will be 56070 as I found a pic on Merfs Flickr site of 070 at Llandudno Jct. Any other pics of 56s in North Wales would be good though. The NSE class 47 body was a bit of an impulse buy and will one day go on a Bachmann chassis.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-63550500-1407758465_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-21706900-1407758485_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Peter,

I'm jealous!!!! lol

You might find a few pictures on this site: http://www.6g.nwrail.org.uk/northwalescoaststeam.htm

I'm sure I've seen a couple whilst I've been trawling through it. Although, you might already know of it.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty,

I did check out the website some time ago but didn't really have a good look. 

I have just spent an hour looking through the photo's. There is some superb stuff there, and plenty of Peaks and Cromptons. The class 47s and 31s got my interest too along with a couple of pics showing ZHVs being worked to Penmaenmawr.

Thanks again cheers Peter.

A decoder. Have you converted all your layout to dcc now Peter.

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil,

Yep all DCC now most locos have a decoder some with sound. I didn't take lone to set up the NCE and I have had very few problems.

Are you going to Jeffs meeting Saturday?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, that's good. Only way to go.

Yep, I'll be going to Jeff's so see you there. You're welcome to stop by before and have a look at my layout on the way if you like.

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil, I will see how I go for time. It would be good to see what you are up to.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1