Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Thanks Derek,

Always nice to see your pics, mine is 25059 though. Have you any pics of that. It was one of the last class 25 to run as it was reinstated shortly after being withdrawn and worked from Buxton back to Crewe with I think a class 37.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter.

Ooooops !

Another visit to Specsavers needed methinks. :scratchhead:

However.

Bescot July 1983

post-1161-0-38911800-1398452484.jpg

Man Vic July 1983

post-1161-0-72849600-1398452504.jpg

This one has possibilities for a different train

Hauling a failed Service train

Man Vic June 1986

post-1161-0-36920900-1398452518.jpg

• Like 4

Some nice pics again Peter.

Always great to drop into this thread and get my BR blue fix for the week :D

Keep em coming...

Thanks Pete,

Pleased I could help you out with your BR blue fix.

Cheers Peter.

Indeed it is.  Always a good visit at Llanbourne.

The 40 / 97 looks particularly convincing.

Congratulations also on reaching 100 pages Peter.  A worthy milestone for a worthy layout.

Hi Rick,

Thanks, yes 100 pages, though it has been fairly quite on this thread recently.

Maybe I should do a heap of pics for page 100.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter.

Ooooops !

Another visit to Specsavers needed methinks. :scratchhead:

However.

Bescot July 1983

attachicon.gif25059 BS 071284.jpg

Man Vic July 1983

attachicon.gif25059 MV 150783.jpg

This one has possibilities for a different train

Hauling a failed Service train

Man Vic June 1986

attachicon.gif25059,53986,54221 MV 110686.jpg

No worries Derek,

You got it right this time, great pics too I really like the second one though its nice little freight train.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Congratulations on one hundred pages. I have just finished reading from page one and enjoyed every page.

As for photo requests, anything on the ballast train would do for me.

Thanks again

Stephen

Hi Peter

Congratulations on one hundred pages. I have just finished reading from page one and enjoyed every page.

As for photo requests, anything on the ballast train would do for me.

Thanks again

Stephen

Thanks Stephen,

I will sort a ballast train for you in the next few days.

Cheers Peter.

100 pages.... The first time I saw the layout it was already pretty well finished and it has been getting better the entire time..... Is it 15 or more years ago?

Doug

Hi Doug,

It's been here for about 18 years. I think most people would have finished two or three layouts in the time it's taken me to get this far.I really need to stop working on stock.

Cheers Peter. 

Superb photos Peter, thanks for posting them.

Some lovely stock there, I really like the marker lights on 31319. Excellent!

I really would like a Railfreight 31 like that, looks great with the snow ploughs. I always did like them in that livery.

Shame about the Grid not running, she would look great arriving at Llanbourne.

Llanbourne is like a photographic time machine.......

• Like 1

That 40 looks totally hellfire ! Just as I remember them. I never get tired of seeing this layout.

97406 is finally off the workbench and has worked it's first train. It runs really well which is more than can be said for my green one. 25059 has also been finished and had the same treatment as 25244 both models now run really well and dispite being old models look really quite good. 25059 has had some nice Heljan ploughs fitted which look better than the old Bachmann ones that were fitted on the old chassis.

Cheers Peter.

Brilliant pictures, I love this layout, it's got great detail, great rolling stock, such a shame it's not on the GB exhibition circuit.

It's not even on the Australian exhibition circuit! Peter retired it from exhibitions some time ago but it still well and truly exceeds exhibition quality standards!! :)

Love the railfreight goyle. If only I could shrink  myself down I could relive my youth on your layout!

Thanks Mate,

I didn't mind a bit of a Ped bash myself. 

Cheers Peter.

It's not even on the Australian exhibition circuit! Peter retired it from exhibitions some time ago but it still well and truly exceeds exhibition quality standards!! :)

I am not sure one exhibition would count as being on the circuit. Brockenhurst early 90s was the show. I will be back there later next month though not with Llanbourne.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Whilst at least 10years out of my era there is something about this layout that keeps dragging me back. It could be that when I travelled by train regularly everything was blue and grey, but I suspect its the quality modelling and weathering that does it for me, and all done half a world away. Keep up the good work.

Whilst at least 10years out of my era there is something about this layout that keeps dragging me back. It could be that when I travelled by train regularly everything was blue and grey, but I suspect its the quality modelling and weathering that does it for me, and all done half a world away. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Alan,

We must be alike in some ways, I follow your thread too and enjoy your modelling. I don't think time periods really matter when it comes to seeing  pictures of a good model railway where everything just gels.

I took a lot of pictures back in the mid 80s when I was travelling around the country and have tried to replicate those times with Llanbourne. I think working on the railway helped in some ways too.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I do like this layout Peter. Shame it cant be exhibited over here!!!

Thanks Cav,

If you are ever over in Oz you are more than welcome to come have a look.

Cheers Peter.

Ive not got any plan soon but if I am over there I'll certainly take you up on it. I like to watch layouts that you can just stand at and imagine that your there with your camera and platform 5 book. Your layout ticks that box for me and something I try to acheive with my modelling.