Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

That Australian A class is a splendid looking loco, Peter. Superficially deltic-like.

And it's in green. Lovely!

Great pics, as usual.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I have like the A class ever since seeing my first one back in the early 90s thought they were in a different Livery back then.

Here is A85 taken last year on shed in Melbourne. By this time the loco belonged to Pacific National and was stored out of use.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-51765800-1395305244_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Peter, really like the 25. The weathering is of your usual standard, I am definitely going to have to get a 25 although I prefer the ones without the connecting doors. 

Thanks Alex,

I am pretty sure I have a pic of a class 25 at Toton I will try and find it.

Cheers Peter.

Hi there,

Lovely layout and stock there......... :locomotive:

Well done, this layout oozes atmosphere.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jintyman,

Still work to do on the layout, I just need to stop working on stock.

Cheers Peter.

Top modelling all round - Very Impressive.

Cheers.

Bob.

Thanks Bob,

I have a Stratford class 47 waiting to be finished off so keep dropping by for a look.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good work as always Peter and also fascinating to see the cameo A-class appearance.  I used to manage daily haulage behind those until the Stony Point train went over to sprinters a few years back.  The British two-tone warning horn is rather polite compared with a blast on their 5-chime beasties though I do rather like the sound of the combined tones.  

Good work as always Peter and also fascinating to see the cameo A-class appearance.  I used to manage daily haulage behind those until the Stony Point train went over to sprinters a few years back.  The British two-tone warning horn is rather polite compared with a blast on their 5-chime beasties though I do rather like the sound of the combined tones.  

Hi Rick,

Hope you are all well. It was a shame when the A were taken off the Stony Point line, I am glad I took some pics of the As on the line before they were taken off. I don't think any of the V/Line A's are getting much use these days. Even the freight A's seem to be on borrowed time.

Cheers Peter.

I like the 25, Peter. Not convinced by the Deltic at all though. It just doesn't look right to me.  :jester:

Thanks Mate,

I think of it as more a rounded off class 37.

Cheers Peter.

Ticking over here thanks Peter though some sustained better health wouldn't go amiss.  Been rather quiet on the modelling front for a while now.

I have been a bit quite myself, I am getting stuff done on the workbench though.

Cheers Peter.

What did the Aussies do to that poor F-Unit?  :O

;)

I think F units are a Yank thing. These A class were built as B's then re built here in Oz.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Correct Peter.

Victorian Railways B-class was built in 1952 by Clyde Engineering, Granville NSW and some were later rebuilt in 1984 by Clyde into the A-class.  A few of both types survive in traffic to this day despite their significant age.

• 1 month later...

97406 is finally off the workbench and has worked it's first train. It runs really well which is more than can be said for my green one. 25059 has also been finished and had the same treatment as 25244 both models now run really well and dispite being old models look really quite good. 25059 has had some nice Heljan ploughs fitted which look better than the old Bachmann ones that were fitted on the old chassis.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-21339800-1398339470_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-87410600-1398339513_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-40898900-1398339558_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-24394200-1398339602_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks Cav & Alex,

I am really happy with the class 40, I bought a green one to do D200 but its a bad runner so will have to go back.

The class 25 was painted over 16 years ago so only needed a small amount of work on the body and the re chassis bodge to bring it up to date.

They are Mermaids Alex all Cambrian kits and a bit of a pain to build but worth it they look pretty good when finished.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Layout and Locos looking very good.!

25057 did have a brief moment of fame as it hauled, with 25083 the first leg  (Liverpool to Guide Bridge) of the  LCGB 'Easter Tommy'. The last 76 hauled passenger train over Woodhead.

Must have been a few pics of me as well

post-1161-0-31533500-1398346738.jpg

post-1161-0-35597100-1398346755.jpg

25057 had lamp irons at both ends (minor point)

post-1161-0-89741600-1398347087.jpg

post-1161-0-10308500-1398347101.jpg

HTH

• Like 6

Hi Peter,

Layout and Locos looking very good.!

25057 did have a brief moment of fame as it hauled, with 25083 the first leg  (Liverpool to Guide Bridge) of the  LCGB 'Easter Tommy'. The last 76 hauled passenger train over Woodhead.

Must have been a few pics of me as well

attachicon.gif25057,25083 GB 210481.jpg

attachicon.gif25083,25057 GB 210481.jpg

25057 had lamp irons at both ends (minor point)

attachicon.gif25057 MV 120181 A.jpg

attachicon.gif25057 MV 120181 B.jpg

HTH

Thanks Derek,

Always nice to see your pics, mine is 25059 though. Have you any pics of that. It was one of the last class 25 to run as it was reinstated shortly after being withdrawn and worked from Buxton back to Crewe with I think a class 37.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Indeed it is.  Always a good visit at Llanbourne.

The 40 / 97 looks particularly convincing.

Congratulations also on reaching 100 pages Peter.  A worthy milestone for a worthy layout.