Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter

Looking great as usual - I presume you have the 'FWD' and 'REV' signs just in case I ever pop over, having seen my exploits running Leaford. :jester:

Phil

Hi Phil, Lol

For me as well, I keep forgetting even when the loco has lights. I try and have all the locos facing the right way and it's becoming a habit now so less stuff ups.

Cheers Peter.

Indeed it was a great day Peter. It is good that we have such a large crew for BRMA that get together so regularly. As usual your layout looks fantastic.... but why does the mini always seem to be bonnet first in a skip and the sheep have gone missing 8-)

Thanks Doug,

Yes, Derek is normally the one who puts cars in the skip. The sheep were taken off when I was doing the scenics so they will return.

Cheers Peter.

Here are some photos I took of the day at Llanbourne. They were taken on my phone but hopefully the quality is not too bad.

My modified Hornby class 92 (with Hornby class 60 chassis) visited Llanbourne. It is seen stabled in platform 1. I'm not quite sure how an electriclocomotive got there under its own power!! One of Peter's class 45s is right behind. A maroon Warship diesel-hydraulic was also seen (and heard) on the day but I didn't get any photos of it!

gallery_6935_3102_137216.jpg

Peter's superbly detailed class 33/2, complete with miniature snowploughs, awaits departure from platform 2 with a rake of blue and grey mark 1 coaches. A couple of these were branded for Network South East.

gallery_6935_3102_66293.jpg

Another of Peter's detailed and weathered diesels: 08 472 sits in the headshunt adjacent to the signal box, awaiting its next instruction.

gallery_6935_3102_2895.jpg

Steam visits Llabourne. Peter Beckett's ex-LNWR G2A 'Super D' 0-8-0 , fitted with Howes' DCC sound, shunts a representative rake of goods wagons.

gallery_6935_3102_90357.jpg

Rick (gwiwer) brought along a couple of Bachmann's new Polybulk wagons that he has weathered. They are seen here with a rake of Peter's factory weathered examples.

gallery_6935_3102_100020.jpg

An overall view of Llanbourne terminus and approaches, with those Polybulks and a couple of engineering coaches in the foreground - the latter were converted from Lima coaches by Simon Hartley.

gallery_6935_3102_6423.jpg

Thanks for posting up the pictures Jeff,

Simon has made a great job of the coaches, he has given them to me as a late Christmas present. The Polybulks seemed popular those with Ricks are Manfreds though I wouldn't mind a few myself.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

I think it is Crewe. The early 25kV AC installations are of a heavier construction than that of later schemes and were a follow-on design to the Woodhead 1500V DC system so appear similar. Those in the Manchester area particularly around Stockport are similar too. Of note is the Woodhead scheme was in turn based on an earlier system in Bombay, now Mumbai.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Makes sence, 135 would have been common around the Crewe area.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Great layout, nice to see the Sentinel on here...

with regards to your Network Rail coaches, the far one in the picture with no windows... possible GUV is that a purchased item or one you made because together they look excellent.

Jamie

Hi Peter

Great layout, nice to see the Sentinel on here...

with regards to your Network Rail coaches, the far one in the picture with no windows... possible GUV is that a purchased item or one you made because together they look excellent.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

The Sentinel is a nice looking model, we didn't see it running though as it's not chipped.

The yellow MK1s were done by a friend of mine. They are based on the Crewe rerailing coaches. Both are reworked Lima, one from a BSK and the other is I think from the full brake. 

Cheers Peter.

Before it got too hot today I ran a few trains, basically continuing with the timetable. 

I gave my class 40 a run out on the ballast train and it ran ok but doesn't like my points and stopped twice, it than split from its train which I put down to the Kadee dropping. This is an easy fix as I will just slide in some plasticard under the coupler.  I may have a chance this week to add extra pick ups. 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-76478100-1390819393_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-60621500-1390819429_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-70155800-1390819481_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-99803000-1390819512_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

So, Peter, you were able to find everything, after my 'operations' on Saturday??   ;)   ;)

He's lost a Sentinel and a whole rake of Polybulks  :mosking:

And there's probably some sheep in the tunnel.  I know they do that in Wales - we met some half way through Ffestiniog Tunnel once.

He's lost a Sentinel and a whole rake of Polybulks  :mosking:

And there's probably some sheep in the tunnel.  I know they do that in Wales - we met some half way through Ffestiniog Tunnel once.

Hi Rick,

I would have been quite happy if someone had left their Polybulks, and the sheep will return. I like the idea of a sheep lurking in the tunnel I might do that.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning/Evening Peter.

Looking at that 40 is making me itch for the arrival of the green D211. Very nice - and I hope some of the running issues prevalent over here have been sorted.

Talking of 40s, best of luck in that heatwave you are currently having. Hope none of your track has buckled!!

Jeff

I think Peter needs to invest in a bigger skip. I only saw 1 mini in it (it weren't me, honest, Guv)

Peter

Or smaller Mini's  :mosking:  I actually quite like the old Mini it's the 2CV on the bridge that normally gets dumped in the skip.

As for who did it, I will have a look at the video surveillance from the day.

Cheers Peter.

Morning/Evening Peter.

Looking at that 40 is making me itch for the arrival of the green D211. Very nice - and I hope some of the running issues prevalent over here have been sorted.

Talking of 40s, best of luck in that heatwave you are currently having. Hope none of your track has buckled!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes evening here and quite mild at the moment though warming up tomorrow and the rest of the week. The track is fine it's just my platforms and point rodding that don't like the heat. The class 40 is certainly a nice model and if Bachmann take note of the feedback on RMweb they may well change the pick ups. I hope to pull mine apart in the next few weeks and do a few mods.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Jamie,

The Sentinel is a nice looking model, we didn't see it running though as it's not chipped.

The yellow MK1s were done by a friend of mine. They are based on the Crewe rerailing coaches. Both are reworked Lima, one from a BSK and the other is I think from the full brake. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Cheers bud for the close ups of the Yellow MK1s

Great work.

Jamie

Hi Peter

Cheers bud for the close ups of the Yellow MK1s

Great work.

Jamie

No Worries Jamie,

As I said not my work but my friend Simon. A very good modeller. Both still need more transfers to finish off, so will be going back to Simon at some point when the transfers arrive.

Cheers Peter.

• 1 month later...

25224 left the workbench the other day. I think I will do something with the headcodes but otherwise I am really happy with this loco now. 

This loco was painted about 18 years ago then improved about six years ago and re motored 4 years ago with a 5 pole motor, I was pretty happy with how it ran but decided to try and put a Bachmann chassis underneath.

Also sitting on the layout is a new Loco I bought last week. Its an Australian A class loco. I have been tempted with one of these for a while as it's my favourite Australian loco but they are normally quite expensive this loco was on sale so I couldn't resist.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-14768100-1395230653_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-81454400-1395230734_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-29059600-1395230770_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-44065800-1395230809_thumb.jpg

• Like 16