Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I forgot to bring a camera too! I must say that the new bits looked very impressive and add to the overall impression very favourably.

It was good to see you and Llanbourne again, together with some old friends, one of whom we hadn't seen for a very long time. Thanks for having us over. :)

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the hospitality Peter - another convivial afternoon among friends and with your work old and new on show and looking as good as always.

I didn't manage any views of the new hillsides but the iPhone snuck in when it could and grabbed a few shots of action around the station.

Front ends in the sidings: 47035 was visiting from Penhayle Bay having arrived on a Chartex

i-s7xkrvH-M.jpg

The fuel point and yard 

i-xTXWd35-M.jpg

Chopper in the station

i-JFhdbT2-M.jpg

And for those who remember Playschool here's one through the arched window ;)

i-9DbB9Dw-M.jpg

• Like 19

I forgot to bring a camera too! I must say that the new bits looked very impressive and add to the overall impression very favourably.

It was good to see you and Llanbourne again, together with some old friends, one of whom we hadn't seen for a very long time. Thanks for having us over. :)

No worries Jeff,

The layout ran quite well so I was happy, pitty the weather was a bit cold and windy. 

What was the slave controller called again? I might look at getting one.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the hospitality Peter - another convivial afternoon among friends and with your work old and new on show and looking as good as always.

I didn't manage any views of the new hillsides but the iPhone snuck in when it could and grabbed a few shots of action around the station.

Front ends in the sidings: 47035 was visiting from Penhayle Bay having arrived on a Chartex

i-s7xkrvH-M.jpg

The fuel point and yard 

i-xTXWd35-M.jpg

Chopper in the station

i-JFhdbT2-M.jpg

And for those who remember Playschool here's one through the arched window ;)

i-9DbB9Dw-M.jpg

Thnaks Rick,

It was good to see you though with so many people about I didn't get to chat to everyone one. Your 47035 looks good it looks quite at home with my locos. Your pictures actually look sharper than mine taken with the DSLR.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Peter, the 'slave' I used was another Power Cab set to cab address 3 (yours is set to 2 by default).

NCE also have Pro Cabs, which look and feel the same as the Power Cab but don't have the built-in command station (and, therefore, must be used as a 'slave' unit on the Power Cab system).

Other, simpler cabs include their Cab 04, Cab 05 and Cab 06 units. Cabs 04 and 06 also come with two flavours: one type with potentiometers (suffixed with a 'p') which means the knob traverses a fixed arc, like your old DC controllers, or the other with an encoder wheel (suffixed with an 'e'), that acts the same way as the Power Cab in that there are no stops or fixed points. The Cab 05 has push buttons like the alternative controls on the Power Cab.

I like to have two Power Cabs at exhibitions to cover against any (unlikely!) failures.

Hi Peter,

Good to drop by and see some more progress. Some nice camera angles developing there. Those sweeping curves do look nice.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

It's getting there, I wont get much done this week though as I will be playing trains. It's been ages since I have had a good running session.

Cheers Peter.

Peter, there is only so many times I can say the same thing. "I love this layout!" 

The general look of the layout is great and then I study the pictures and the little subtle details just make it even better..

Great stuff

Thanks Scott,

The new bit is coming together quite well, and I still need to build the station roof and loco shed on the old part of the layout plus replace some older buildings, not to mention the stock that needs doing. 

Cheers Peter.

Talking of stock some Hornby  Railroad MGRs arrived today. I thought I would order a pack and see what they are like.  I am thinking of making up a fly ash train, I can only fit 12 wagons on Llanbourne so it's not quite long enough but should look ok. 

Question is did these wagons have 14mm wheels I am sure I have read it somewhere?

Cheers Peter.

Peter, the 'slave' I used was another Power Cab set to cab address 3 (yours is set to 2 by default).

NCE also have Pro Cabs, which look and feel the same as the Power Cab but don't have the built-in command station (and, therefore, must be used as a 'slave' unit on the Power Cab system).

Other, simpler cabs include their Cab 04, Cab 05 and Cab 06 units. Cabs 04 and 06 also come with two flavours: one type with potentiometers (suffixed with a 'p') which means the knob traverses a fixed arc, like your old DC controllers, or the other with an encoder wheel (suffixed with an 'e'), that acts the same way as the Power Cab in that there are no stops or fixed points. The Cab 05 has push buttons like the alternative controls on the Power Cab.

I like to have two Power Cabs at exhibitions to cover against any (unlikely!) failures.

Sorry Jeff, I must have missed this yesterday. A Pro cab would be the go as I am already used to the Power cab, Brunnel Models have them for about 160.00 which doesn't seem to bad. 

Thanks Mate, Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Superb, what a lovely set of photos.

I really like the line up of cars by the depot. Some interesting models by the look of it.

I want to have a play!

Thanks Alex, All but one of the cars are Oxford models the odd one out is the Cortina which is I think a Tower models resin job which I painted the same colour as one I used to own.

You are welcome to come and play trains anytime you are down this way. We are only an hour out of Melbourne. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Really love the detail on the layout, you can look several times at a photo and still see details you hadn't spotted !  :good:

Could I ask you what size and color of ballast you used around the station area ? 

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks, the ballast is woodland scenics medium though in the station there is some finer stuff as in the depot. I normally use one of the grey or buff colours but I paint it anyway.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Peter. 

I've just started from way back in 09. That's one way to kill a couple of hours on a night shift on the railway ; ) . Excellent and truly brings back memories of my bashing days in the late 80s and early 90s along the north Wales Coast .