Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Something a bit different, A freind of mine called in yesterday and asked if I could fit a decoder to this.

It's an Auscisions B class loco, and a very nice model. The real loco's were built in 1951-4 and B60 was the first built and named Sir Harold Clapp. during the early 80s some Bs were converted to A class and B60 became A60. The loco is still around though I think is stored at the moment but it did work a passenger train earlier this year.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-09378700-1378027619_thumb.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 5

Funny to think that I had a run behind one in about 1981 or 1982 going to benalla. I really need to start taking photos of what is around now. But any way I can recall seeing a line opposite spencer st in about 1991 1992 in a single line with flat top t's... Well before the docklands etc.... Do recall a young lady in a cat suit about that time but that is a different story... Then again I was still at school also.

• Like 1

Another warm day today, Anyway I scanned a pic of A60 still with its nameplates. That will do for Aussie trains back to model pics tomorrow.

I have added a nice pic of 33111 just to balance things out. My recently bought Heljan loco will be renumbered to this when I get a chance.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-47578600-1378214200_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-71081500-1378214353_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Nice photos :no:

Thanks Mate, I am working on the layout at the moment and some wagons, it's begining to look like a bloody wagon works to be honest. I will post up some pics this week.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

A couple of pics, The stone wall and rock face are ready for painting, some wagons are ready for transfers and the Salmon and Brill are getting there. I have almost finished an army Bedford which will probably sit on the new road. 

47515 has had a chip fitted and was tested on the curve as I have glued in some longer plasticard stripes and raised the cant of the track very slightly. 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-36152000-1378989615_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-53938900-1378989696_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-66620500-1378989905_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-03053600-1378990073_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-61235100-1378990143_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-67020400-1378990227_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Taking shape nicely, Peter.

That's a nice view of the 47 rounding the corner, as is the hillside road. 

I'm looking forward to watching this extension developing.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I am getting there, I need to sort backscenes before I go to much further but I am happy with how its comming along.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

That's looking great, the cant adds to the realism and creates a pleasing view. Its taking shape well.

Mark

Thanks Mark, 

The pic above is on the none viewing side but looks ok. I need to run a few more trains to make sure there are no problems then it's pretty much ready for ballasting.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

The layout's looking great, on the new section are the tracks going anywhere in the tunnel & bridges or are those features there just to hide the track ends?

Hi Pete,

Hope you are well, The bridge yet to be built behind the class 47 goes into the fiddleyard. I will take a pic that will better explain things but the class 47 is on the mainline the other tracks are 3 carriage sidings and a few tracks for the yard all of which go into the fiddleyard it is imagined the rest of the yard and run round for the carriage sidings are the other side of the bridge. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

The banked tracks are looking good.  Just out of interest, have you tried adding a little more plasticard to see how it looks with a greater incline? I had to try several different heights of plasticard spacers before I got mine to look right without being over pronounced .... and so that it did not cause running problems.

Try your 40's on the banked curves, particulalrly look at the start and finish as I had problems with derailment to start with.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

Hi Peter,

The banked tracks are looking good.  Just out of interest, have you tried adding a little more plasticard to see how it looks with a greater incline? I had to try several different heights of plasticard spacers before I got mine to look right without being over pronounced .... and so that it did not cause running problems.

Try your 40's on the banked curves, particulalrly look at the start and finish as I had problems with derailment to start with.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I am happy with the height of the cant it is slightly higher than I originally had it, though I haven't tested all the locos over it yet. If I have problems with the start and finish hopefully I can just pack it out to sort any derailments.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter, nice to see that you have been busy! Looking good, it won’t be long before trains will be passing over the new section.

Love your new vehicle collection, I am wondering if they are models of your past collection?!!! The 4-tonner is great, lovely model.

Thanks Alex,

The new bit has been working fine I just need to post up a few pics, I have been busy cleaning up for a meeting here on the 28th Sept.

If by past collection you mean cars I used to own there are a few plus a mates Ford Capri. There is a MK5 Cortina in blue plus an old Mini in what my wife called a baby poo brown colour. 

Cheers Peter.