Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I expect PCM, SRman's and maybe even markg could turn up. One thing I will not be serving those vicious nasty creatures... Koalas or possums... Barbequed or otherwise... One thing I will need to do is tidy up the layout... Well the entire room needs a clean out... And clean up... There will also be a p4 and em test track if any one is interested. Don't think I will fire up the open fire place as the house will over heat with the small turn outs we get with BRMA

Get that layout cleaned up mate, I am pretty sure you won't need the fire going, if you get Jeff started on Buses or things Southern he can heat the room up on his own. lol

See you Saturday.

Cheers Peter. 

• 3 weeks later...

The YHA Whale is nearly ready for some paint, Does anyone do transfers these?

I was going to tidy up my workbench today but ended up weathering up and sticking the tunnemouth onto the layout.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-07582900-1372588931_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-28512000-1372588980_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-36823600-1372589070_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-46768600-1372589140_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

That tunnel looks pretty good Peter, excellent. Like the whale too, don't see many of those.

Thanks Cav,

The Whale has been one of the more difficult kits I've built over the years but the next few should be easier now I have built one.

Cheers Peter.

Very nice Peter, as always. A couple of fuel tankers like those in the last shot are on my weathering list too. I'll get round to them one day! I like the stabled locos in the background, not to mention the BR road vehicles, too. They make for a typical everyday BR scene. Hmmm.

What is your 'grass' by the way? Is it static? It's got a nice colour to it, whatever it is. 

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Dave,

The tanks are old Hornby ones I weathered up years ago. The grass base is painted carpet underlay with woodland scenic's scatter, I haven't used the static grass yet but might give it a go on the new senic bit.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Guys,

The 20s 25s and 31 sat over the back have been sat there for weeks and are beginning to get a bit dusty. I should get on and build a loco shed, but I am doing scenic's on the new bit at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

The trouble with a loco shed is that it actually hides models! Mind you, the shed itself can be a work of art ... and I'm sure that any such thing that you build will be just that, a work of art.  :)

Thanks Guys,

The 20s 25s and 31 sat over the back have been sat there for weeks and are beginning to get a bit dusty. I should get on and build a loco shed, but I am doing scenic's on the new bit at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

No... that's fine by me, mate.... looks like Bescot used to look on the M6/J9, a load of old stock building up... looks good, I was not saying it looks bad... keep on with the photo uploads... they are excellent to look at...

Jamie

The trouble with a loco shed is that it actually hides models! Mind you, the shed itself can be a work of art ... and I'm sure that any such thing that you build will be just that, a work of art.   :)

Thanks Jeff,

The plan is to scratchbuild the loco shed, it will be a two road version like the one that used to be at Holyhead. The two class 25s that can just be seen in the pic will be hidden in the shed, the class 31 and 20s will be visible.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I must say I actually like it as a stabling road too. Very memory jogging taking you back to the good times of BR.

Cav

Thanks Cav,

The shed will only be big enough for 4 locos so shouldn't dominate the area, it is imagined that the shed was wider and longer in steam days. The stabling point just South of the station always has a few locos parked up aswell.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

No... that's fine by me, mate.... looks like Bescot used to look on the M6/J9, a load of old stock building up... looks good, I was not saying it looks bad... keep on with the photo uploads... they are excellent to look at...

Jamie

No worries Jamie,

I hadn't taken it that you were saying it was bad, there are often a few locos laying about the layout, even when I am not running trains, it looks a bit bare when the layout hasn't any stock parked up.

I went to Bescot a few times back in the day, one time we walked down the line of locos taking pictures one siding had about 12 class 20s all lined up.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Peter

The good old days hey mate... Can't do that anymore though, walk down the rakes of old coaches and Locomotives... that why I thought your photos were so good, just like the old days... that something special sitting on the back... Great photos of the cl37 and the BR Blue days, which was the start of railways days for me, I can only relate to Br Blue onwards sadly, but I do like to see all kinds up to modern day...

Jamie

• Like 2

Empty OCAs probably for the bricks from Bangor at LJ with the Valley goods as we knew it. Presflos for Bangor too.

Not much weathering needed for the OCAs, just a few scratches to the new paintwork.

Merf.

attachicon.gif1983.jpg

Is it me or does it look like someone's taken the body of the 40 to fit a decoder & not put it back on square? :dontknow:

Sam

Hi Peter

The good old days hey mate... Can't do that anymore though, walk down the rakes of old coaches and Locomotives... that why I thought your photos were so good, just like the old days... that something special sitting on the back... Great photos of the cl37 and the BR Blue days, which was the start of railways days for me, I can only relate to Br Blue onwards sadly, but I do like to see all kinds up to modern day...

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

I did most of Bashing and taking pictures from 1984 so have always like the Blue period though the triple grey that appeared during the late 80s and 90s along with the Dutch livery NSE Inter city etc didn't stop me taking pics though I wasn't a fan of the NSE when it came out I quite like it now, it certainly suited the class 50s. Even now there still seems to be plenty of interesting liverys and still some old traction on the mainline. I quite enjoyed going up to Eastleigh when I was over last year, but nothing has stopped me modelling good old BR blue.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Empty OCAs probably for the bricks from Bangor at LJ with the Valley goods as we knew it. Presflos for Bangor too.

Not much weathering needed for the OCAs, just a few scratches to the new paintwork.

Merf.

attachicon.gif1983.jpg

Thanks Merf,

Just to bring anyone interested up to speed, I was looking for info on the North Wales Speedlink service and as Merf on his Flickr site for some info.

I Just replied on your Flickr page then saw you pic posted here. Very nice too. I would say early 80s but it proves the bricks were transported by this service for at least a few years as the pic I found and now lost was taken in 86. I would say the brick company might not have been pleased to see this slight derailment as it may have damaged some bricks.

Thanks Mate Cheers Peter.

Thanks Merf,

Just to bring anyone interested up to speed, I was looking for info on the North Wales Speedlink service and as Merf on his Flickr site for some info.

I Just replied on your Flickr page then saw you pic posted here. Very nice too. I would say early 80s but it proves the bricks were transported by this service for at least a few years as the pic I found and now lost was taken in 86. I would say the brick company might not have been pleased to see this slight derailment as it may have damaged some bricks.

Thanks Mate Cheers Peter.

Pointing towards Bangor so these would be the empties. No bricks were harmed in the taking of this picture.

I'm sure I have some more if I can find them.

Merf.