The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

One Square

mozzer models

Guest Belgian

I didn't mean that you should apologise, just that the gruesome details would make you feel, well, "uncomfortable", or like you were kicked in the nuts . . .!!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up normally today (hurrah!)

Time for a clue? That's Not where they built the prototype of Bachmann's latest effort on the right.

• RMweb Gold

Having trawled through all the Park Farms on the map gazetteer (very popular name... ) found this one is near Eastwwod - unsure of the Bachmann connection though (some reference to Nottingham not Derby?)

post-6864-0-78486500-1318196402_thumb.png

Edited by Ramblin Rich

Guest Belgian

Yes, that's why "Not" had a capital N, and Derby(shire) is where the Compound was built. The county boundary appears on the right of the square. You got it!

Do you think this is where Eastwood Town (my favourite RMweb thread) is based (not, again)?

JE

• RMweb Gold

Finding it difficult to get a duck in a square - and I have a feeling some people have bookmarked all of them!

Best I can do is this half duck - which may have a "healthy glow"...

post-6864-0-97092000-1318198914.png

Edited by Ramblin Rich

I'm sure ducks aren't compulsory - none of the early squares had them!

I hope not, because this one's just flown away!

http://www.streetmap...96045&A=Y&Z=120

post-6742-0-64262000-1318275617.gif

It's just south of Ravenglass, on the Esk estuary. The "healthy glow" reference, as I suspected, referred to a nuclear facility, and sure enough, this (now deceased!) duck is just a quack away from Sellafield.

Now, just give me a moment to find a new square to post. First, I need to get over the shock of getting one right!

• RMweb Gold

I hope not, because this one's just flown away!

http://www.streetmap...96045&A=Y&Z=120

It's just south of Ravenglass, on the Esk estuary. The "healthy glow" reference, as I suspected, referred to a nuclear facility, and sure enough, this (now deceased!) duck is just a quack away from Sellafield.

Yes, there seems to be a few differences between Streetmap & the OS site - definitely there on OS!

post-6864-0-15234200-1318362261.png

And the "healthy glow" is one of Mr Burns' lines from The Simpsons :D

Guest Belgian

Quite took me by surprise when I stumbled across this, near Coventry, on the western by-pass.

You might stumble across this one more quickly than you expect!

Guest Belgian

I lived in the square to the North for 8 years and didn't recognise it!!

As a matter of interest Bulleidboy, if you lived "oop north" (as Coventry is to Southerners) are you an ex-patriot of these Southern shores by your evident admiration of the Great Man's beautiful air-smoothed creations?

JE

• RMweb Premium

Quite took me by surprise when I stumbled across this, near Coventry, on the western by-pass.

You might stumble across this one more quickly than you expect!

To prove a point, it's Lancing, on the default page of the OS website.

post-7483-0-23174800-1318582842.png

Guest Belgian

To prove a point, it's Lancing, on the default page of the OS website.

post-7483-0-23174800-1318582842.png

I didn't think it would last long, but I had some hope that you sleuths would instantly dismiss the default page!!

Guest Belgian

How do you "grab" a Single square? i can't seem to do it - is it because I'm in the 'States?

Best, Pete.

Possibly! If you go to this OS website you can zoom in and out to navigate. When you find an area to use, zoom in till you get the size squares we use in this thread. centre your square, approximately, then right click on it. You will then get a drop down menu, and go to the last item "View page info". Click it and open the second tab "Media". Click on the top address line and then go down the addresses until your chosen square appears.

Save the square to a new directory and name it (a name you know but not of the place name of your square, as it will appear on your posting). give it a .png suffix.

Then go back to RMweb "One Square" and in the reply box click "More reply options". Browse to find your file, click "Attach This File" and then it will appear in the bar above. Click "Add to Post" and it will appear in your message.

That's it, except when showing you've found it and want 4 squares do the same but zoom out once from the 1 square size to have 4square size files.

JE

Clue - in the square to the east, the railway crosses a four-letter river. It's quite a significant river channel at this point.

Thanks for the clue - it helped me to realise that I recognise this one; its just to the East of Goole Bridge over the River Ouse. For a bit of extra info, the duck is on Saltmarshe Delph!

post-4857-0-32647800-1318840899.png

This next duck is the last one on this line:

post-4857-0-39474000-1318840955.png