More model ideas

• RMweb Gold

When are accurascale going announce an 08/09? Ripe for the picking imho. Hornby model is very good and Bachmann good but, basic.

An accurascale model with full detailing, lighting package and stay alive will bring many a layout to life for I assume a decent price (here’s hoping anyway).

BTW - Incase suggested before, I’m not looking back through this thread to find out.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Andy7 said:

When are accurascale going announce an 08/09? Ripe for the picking imho. Hornby model is very good and Bachmann good but, basic.

An accurascale model with full detailing, lighting package and stay alive will bring many a layout to life for I assume a decent price (here’s hoping anyway).

BTW - Incase suggested before, I’m not looking back through this thread to find out.

add on the low cab roof ones, class 11,12, 13 master/slave on top of the literal mountain of livery's these have carried it... basically printing money, both plastic but one has six wheels! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andy7 said:

4 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

add on the low cab roof ones, class 11,12, 13 master/slave on top of the literal mountain of livery's these have carried it... basically printing money, both plastic but one has six wheels! 

I’m glad that you two have added these classes because I was going to, and I don’t think I have mentioned them before in my previous thoughts on this thread. 

The Hornby and Bachmann models could be improved upon by including more detailing, lighting and stay alive capacitors so that these locos don’t stop when running over points and dirty track. It’s for these reasons that I haven’t as yet bought any of the recent Bachmann releases and in case Accurascale or another manufacturer announces new models of these classes in the near future. 

As you mention their are lots of liveries that they could be produced in, plus lots of different branding and logo variations too especially when they have been hired to other operators. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Why not something completely different that's not been suggested ad-infinitum over the last umpteen pages .............. class 10 !

Seriously, my preference would be something totally new to the market : there are plenty of common wagons that have never been available to a half-decent standard from the R-T-R trade ( Accurascale now have an RCH 10' wheelbase chassis which should be adaptable with other brakegear ) ;  post-grouping coaching stock has been largely covered over recent years ( though there are notable gaps within other manufacturers' ranges ) : there are, though, a few locomotives to be aimed at .... the most notable omission - perhaps too 'early' for Accurascale - is the Great Eastern R24/S56 ( LNER J67/69 ) family.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

They are just used between barrow docks and sellafeild. They might venture out for maintance?

Think the XKV,XKB and FPA would be popular 

Yeah, that's basically their route. The KXA-C have ventured down to Eastleigh for maintenance. But basically they only get used in one long train (with PFAs inbetween to spread the load on bridges) when a ship arrives at Barrow docks with a shipment of nuclear waste. 

I am guessing there's more to be announced before long?

There aren't many items that are announced that are not due in the next few months:

The banana van

FNA-D

Mk1 suburbans

Class 31

The list of stuff due in the next few months (Q4 2022 on the projects page) is quite large however:

Class 37

Class 92

Manor

Mk5s

Siphon G

Remainder of MHAs and MGR wagons

Mk2b

So I reckon there are some announcements soon for stuff coming in the middle of next year before long, otherwise there won't be much for AS to sell!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, TomScrut said:

There aren't many items that are announced that are not due in the next few months:

The banana van

FNA-D

Mk1 suburbans

Class 31

The list of stuff due in the next few months (Q4 2022 on the projects page) is quite large however:

Class 37

Class 92

Manor

Mk5s

Siphon G

Mk2b

So I reckon there are some announcements soon for stuff coming in the middle of next year before long, otherwise there won't be much for AS to sell!

Through no fault of Accurascale and to ensure us customers continue to receive the highest quality products possible that we have become use to, I would staggered if they manage to deliver all the products still down for Q4-2022. With two and a half months left I just don't see it and it wouldn't surprise me if some roll over into Q1-2023. I'm not complaining as it would allow me more time to save more pennies for everything I have on order.

IMO I think we will see the following delivered in this current year :

MHAs and remaining MGR wagons (already in transit)

MK5 Caledonian Sleepers

Class 92s

Class 37s Batch 1

I reckon the TPE Mk5s, Manors, Class 37 Batch 2 and Mk2b Coaches will roll over into next year. It's an awful lot to expect them to deliver by the end of the year.  According to the Autumn catalogue the Siphon Gs are due Q1-2023 anyway.

I'm confident and hopeful of new announcements at Warley.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It is what it is,Fran and McC,s capes have to be at the cleaners some time and finding a phone box to change in gets harder by the day,you younger chaps have less to worry about as the older ones dont know if we will see them at all,just give them time to get things right and it will be fine,hopefully Putin likes model railways and does not fumble with his buttons eh.

16 minutes ago, RozM said:

I would staggered if they manage to deliver all the products still down for Q4-2022. With two and a half months left I just don't see it and it wouldn't surprise me if some roll over into Q1-2023.

Likewise, although I think my point still stands that after the surge that is incoming, there isn't much which I doubt is what they want from a sales and cash flow perspective.

• Accurascale staff

Right now, everything is broadly on course for delivery by year end, Fran is due an update shortly as there have been some slight slips due to IC supply (Integrated circuits) but nothing very major...

We do have a lot to announce that's underway, but we'll continue waiting until we have EP samples in hand and everything firmed up to do so. 

• Like 15

4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

The banana van

FNA-D

Mk1 suburbans

Class 31

Class 37

Class 92

Manor

Mk5s

Siphon G

Mk2b

I wouldn't dream of trying to pre-empt any announcements by the company, but an educated guess or two can give you some ideas on what may be possible in the future. Phase 1 class 37 production is currently focused on split headcode 37/0s, refurb 37s, "Scottish 37s" and the ERTMS class 37s.  There must inevitably be more class 37s in phase 3 and phase 4 which have yet to be announced.  

Then there are the BR Mk2 coaches. Perhaps Accurascale will leave the Mk2as alone as produced a few years ago by Bachmann, but there is much more low hanging fruit on that particular tree. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Question: has anybody ever fitted a strain gauge on the coupling or used back emf from the motor to allow the digital decoder to measure train load?  An application of this would be to vary the output from a sound fitted locomotive so that when it is under load: you get the sound to match. Just an idea...

• RMweb Premium
On 16/10/2022 at 19:08, TomScrut said:

I believe sound files on ESU work with this already but might be wrong. ESU use it for chuff synchronization on the V5. 

Would using back EMF work for this purpose?

6 minutes ago, E100 said:

Would using back EMF work for this purpose?

I expect so, as the back EMF voltage (when correctly calibrated) is telling the decoder how fast the loco is going. In terms of the load, the calculation the decoder does to maintain speed is basically applying more power to compensate for load and so the sound can change accordingly, as it's the same as what a driver would do when going up a hill with a heavy load.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Since being correct is the Accurascale way and as a company support with wheel sets,is it not a workable thing to bring correct spaced sleeper and gauged P4 track to market starting with flexy lengths of it as i guess as there is those who would use it rather than build it. Pointwork and the like could be made if the interest was good enough.Going alone or working with Peco has to be a possibility.