More model ideas

• RMweb Premium

There are several diesels which although done reasonably could be improved.

• Class 58 - the Heljan/EFE model isn't bad but Accurascale could easily do something better.
  • Class 40 - the body of the Bachmann model is still very good but the bogies show their age and leave a lot of scope for improvement
  • Classes 44/45/46 - I think the Heljan model a missed opportunity in not really moving things on beyond the old Bachmann model. The Bachmann model is still very good (overall I prefer it to the Heljan, though Heljan has some nice details) but Accurascale could take it up a notch or two
  • Class 35 Hymek - Although the Heljan model captures the look of the Hymek very well and remains a very good model, it is a little basic in some areas and there is scope to make something better
  • Class 33 - I am not quite sure why but the Heljan model has never really impressed me despite having a soft spot for the prototype, ditto classes 26 and 27

Any of the as yet unmodelled AC electrics would be great, and a Class 120 DMU would be fantastic. I would love a good model of the Fell, but it is such a niche type that I suspect that well was emptied by KR, at least for a long time. Ditto their Leader

For steam I think there's still enough scope for new tooling not yet done. for rolling stock, where to start? Accurate pre-grouping coaches would be nice, although I recognize the commercial logic behind generic pre-grouping coaches as per Hattons, Hornby and Rapido I just can't get enthused by that idea.