More model ideas

A few more suggestions to put out here: a new version of the Class 20 certainly wouldn't go amiss! :)

Also, I'm still holding out for an 08/09, despite Bachmann's recently announcement retooled version, I'm actually hoping for a reverse case scenario with the 37s, where the boot is on the other foot! ;)  

But all seriousness, the initial reason is because as I've said beforehand, wanting to standardise on motive power with A/S.

Edited by Fire Queen
  • Thanks 2

I will evoke my usual quarterly request (in case you guys have forgotten!) for FCA intermodal flats (shipping containers, MOD containers, Engineers baskets, various binliner types too) with great flexibility and would suit along side the brilliant containers already produced for the PFA range. Would be great if the hattons tooling for the FEA-E’s, F’s, S’s was also incorporated too with the options to go on top if those…

oh and the network rail / ews MLA’s along with the network rail IEA’s too please. Those of us with JNA Falcons need some of these to mix in for good measure. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Hi All,

Not only would I like to see Accurascale Park an HST shaped tank on Hornby's lawn, but just to emphasise such a release of a full fat, brand new HST, wouldn't it be great if Accurascale could do a full livery job on a real HST Power Car as well? All over grey with large, orange, 'a' letters on each side would surely be....entertaining at least?

Nameplates could also be pretty interesting I suspect?

'a'ttention-to-detail' could be a suitable nameplate for starters? With the Accurascale 'a' as the thematic style?

Thanks,

Shed.

Edited by Shedmaster
Nameplate added...
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Shedmaster said:

Hi All,

Not only would I like to see Accurascale Park an HST shaped tank on Hornby's lawn, but just to emphasise such a release of a full fat, brand new HST, wouldn't it be great if Accurascale could do a full livery job on a real HST Power Car as well? All over grey with large, orange, 'a' letters on each side would surely be....entertaining at least?

Nameplates could also be pretty interesting I suspect?

'a'ttention-to-detail' could be a suitable nameplate for starters? With the Accurascale 'a' as the thematic style?

Thanks,

Shed.

There’s so many HST liveries to represent, but would they get approval to use this trademark?

43087 'Hornby' at Bristol Temple Meads

• Like 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I reckon a GW Mica B/Tevan would fly off the shelves.  It was always a popular van, right from Hornby Dublo days, and while the Parkside kit is good, current spec RTR would be better!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 25/06/2024 at 22:48, Fire Queen said:

A few more suggestions to put out here: a new version of the Class 20 certainly wouldn't go amiss! :)

Also, I'm still holding out for an 08/09, despite Bachmann's recently announcement retooled version, I'm actually hoping for a reverse case scenario with the 37s, where the boot is on the other foot! ;)  

But all seriousness, the initial reason is because as I've said beforehand, wanting to standardise on motive power with A/S.

What’s wrong with the recently retooled Bachmann one ? I’ve got one and it’s pretty good 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Fire Queen said:

Well pricing and warranty are two such examples.

I got mine for £139, and I think accurascale are the only manufacturer with a lifetime warranty . Even my car doesn’t have that .

But class 20- niche appeal ?

I think the HST is a cert 

• Agree 3

A few more suggestions to put out there:

Maybe new editions of second generation units: Classes 142, 150, 153 and 156? I know there are relatively new editions of the first and last classes from another manufacturer but I've found that these are hard to come by.  

• Like 1

Comment on Class 60 potential box artwork gave me an idea.

Have Accurascale considered making 'prints' of their exclusive box fronts? Either for inclusion in the box (at say just under full size so its fits nicely), or as stand alone purchases (like aircraft 'squadron' prints). Some of the colourful artwork, framed or mounted would be a cool addition to a railway room. Given that the art work already exists it, I wonder what the marginal cost would be?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

20 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe, somewhere in Cheshire.....

Accurascale.JPG.2eddf8c044f44a7204885c1abc6eea21.JPG

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!

Are they Class 40's?

That's a great idea - they'd probably weigh about 1kg if A/S made them!!

Al.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Are they Class 40's?

That's a great idea - they'd probably weigh about 1kg if A/S made them!!

Al.

And be overpowered compared to the real thing!

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 26/06/2024 at 22:24, Mol_PMB said:

There’s so many HST liveries to represent, but would they get approval to use this trademark?

43087 'Hornby' at Bristol Temple Meads

Hornby produced that in 2006 in a train pack with a Virgin liveried PC and coaches.

I will add the EWS FKA wagons to the list, they would be great parters for the EWS/DB 92’s and 66’s for container trains, along with the FCA wagons that. EWS/DB ran mentioned earlier. 

I would really like the 185’s to be done, or Voyagers to be re-done. 

I’m sure there’s loads of Accurascale announcements left to surprise us all!

• Agree 2

• Accurascale staff
On 28/06/2024 at 19:20, G-BOAF said:

Comment on Class 60 potential box artwork gave me an idea.

Have Accurascale considered making 'prints' of their exclusive box fronts? Either for inclusion in the box (at say just under full size so its fits nicely), or as stand alone purchases (like aircraft 'squadron' prints). Some of the colourful artwork, framed or mounted would be a cool addition to a railway room. Given that the art work already exists it, I wonder what the marginal cost would be?

Hi @G-BOAF,

We do fully intend on doing something with the exclusive artworks to celebrate them in the fullness of time. At the moment we've just not got enough hours in the day to get round to them. We also know what exclusives are coming in the near future that are as yet publicly unannounced, and I know already a couple in particular will be absolute belters. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 28/06/2024 at 00:56, Fire Queen said:

Well pricing and warranty are two such examples.

Do you own one of the new Bachmann 20’s?   What is wrong with them?

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Fire Queen said:

Not saying that they are bad models, but perhaps an upgrade wouldn't hurt?

There's got to be better options for a retool or indeed a first tool than that

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fire Queen said:

You do realise that Bachmann released a brand new re tooled version of the class 20?   

Edited by Andy Mac
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Fire Queen said:

I guess it shows that manufacturers can't win, on the one side there's howls of 'duplication!' and on the other, demand for re-tools of recent items, impossible to please everyone!

Anyone else up for crowd-funding the £200k+ for a new '20' just for the banter of watching the all-out carnage that'd cause on Facebook?! 😂 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2