More model ideas

• RMweb Premium

This picture on the countdown is of a Manor + siphon G. That gives a clue of a steam loco or GWR based product(s)

image.png.6821624f274f51d411ec5e7cac2d1f79.png

You tube starts at 10:45, countdown is for 11am

Edited by reddragon
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

If we're talking about the Mid Wales Line (and, at one time,  to some extent the Cambrian) the only logical answer is a Dean Goods which seem to have reigned supreme on the Mid Wales until the Ivatt Mickey Mouses arrived.

But I'd prefer the 'right' sort of PBV

Ah for sure Mike! Every time we drive up the Mid Wales line from Llanstephan to Builth … past Erwood craft centre… I can see both Dean Goods and a Mickey Mouse in my minds eye…

PBV ???? Got me there!

• Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, BR Blue said:

There is no need to go to all that trouble. As Accurascale already have tooling for the Manor they can reuse it for the King, Hall, Castle. Saint, Grange and modified Halls.

As we all know, steam engines are to all intents and purposes exactly the same, so with a dab of different coloured paint they could easily add a black 5, jubilee, patriot and royal scot to that list without too much trouble, maybe even an 8f, after all it goes chuff chuff and has a funnel, just like all the others and even has the same number of wheels, I doubt many people will notice they aren't exactly in the right places.  Sharing tooling like this is the way forward I'm sure.  Its smart design.

Toot toot!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

I'm not at all surprised that Accurascale have six steam-outline locos in the pipeline.

Thinking about it from a slightly unconventional angle, and leaving multiple units out of the equation for now  (otherwise this post will be far too long), how many "modern" traction classes have run in the UK?

Maybe sixty diesels (a good third of them shunters) and twenty electrics, between which about a quarter seem to attract nearly all the attention. 

It's simply not going to be practical for manufacturers to keep "leapfrogging" one another with the dozen or so popular D/E prototypes every 3-4 years when the best current models are already as good as it's possible to get at sensible prices.

Once they all reach that level, perhaps as soon as ten years hence, given the number of players now in the market, where then? Nobody with a full set of marbles will ever need to replace them. 

OK, some classes were sufficiently numerous and long-lived to justify regular new variations almost ad infinitum, but even well-heeled and fanatical collectors will run out of room long before they amass 512 Class 47s x however many liveries each ran in!

Then think about how many classes of steam locos have never got within sniffing distance of being produced r-t-r.....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 2

I’m hoping it’s not……..a wagon…..that’ll be expectation deflation …

6 steamers ? Might as well Chuck those announcements in too and get it over with 

I can’t think of a diesel that needs doing or is in process of being done by accura or elsewhere - maybe a 58 as the Heljan one is a bit old skool, but the bones don’t seem to have much of a following .

HST or a unit… class 120 ..maybe 

• Funny 1

A multiple unit would be great and I think Accurascale would be one of only manufactures who could successfully shift them in this climate with the useful pay in installments they offer.

Unit wise 170 is long overdue an update to modern standards, any of the 31* / 32* classes of EMU would be a good move as they got absolutely everywhere traction current was available. 

Diesel wise if there actually anything modern which has not been covered recently? 

wagons I could probably reel off a list that would take up most of this page to be fair. Wascosa fleet which has taken over the duties of the salmons and 4 wheel ballast hoppers, JGA tanks, PCA Vee barrel tanks ect.

The one that will probably never happen OTP/departmental. HOBC, point carriers, tampers and modern rail cranes.

alas we can dream! 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, virginhst539 said:

The one that will probably never happen OTP/departmental. HOBC, point carriers, tampers and modern rail cranes.

Viessmann do a nice 09-3x Tamper in HO if willing to fork out for one. It’s not too far off the U.K. 09-3x tampers, with only the livery needing a change. 

YDA’s of the HOBC can be made from modified Kibri HO kits, but would be a quick win for AS as they are seen running between yards in singles or half a dozen. 

If it was departmental, I’d like to think the HQA is in the spotlight. The JJA is well in demand but was relegated to the collectors club in its recent run which doesn’t install confidence in Bachmann to release them wholesale. 
The Salmon is also another wagon that comes to mind. Hornby have done the early variant, and AS could make a win on the late version, also tooling for the Osprey conversion. Flangeway have done the later Salmon though the lack of updates and an out the window eta don’t install confidence - especially with the ‘shorty’ shenanigans of run 1.

Edited by Bearwood West Yard
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 50025 said:

Froth me in!

For the 6 steam locos in development I’m hoping:

GWR Saint

LNWR Claughton

LNWR George V

LNER Raven A2

Br 77000

SR Z class

For diesel/ Electric

A 40

An 81-84

I’d go for any of those except the 40; I’m happy enough with what I’ve got. As for the elecrics, see my signature! Curiously, of the six steamers I was thinking of, only one is duplicated on your list. It shows just how much there is left to go for. Only six in the pipeline? What a shame!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I’d go for any of those except the 40; I’m happy enough with what I’ve got. As for the elecrics, see my signature! Curiously, of the six steamers I was thinking of, only one is duplicated on your list. It shows just how much there is left to go for. Only six in the pipeline? What a shame!

All look good. Living in Exeter though I’d love one of these beasts.

55EF60F4-DD9E-4A0A-87E1-7D9A6DEE2A73.jpeg

• Like 2