More model ideas

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Our next newly tooled model in OO/4mm will be announced this coming Friday, Sept 1st. Place your bets!

Cheers!

Fran 

Apparently Paddy Power online bookies are giving 2/5 favourite on a class 40.

Come on lads don't prove them wrong!

• Funny 6

2 hours ago, GD said:

The mk2D range of coaches possibly or maybe the Class 47,  every major player should have a Class 47 in their range.  

I've put on the tin hat!

Are you a major player if you don't have a 47... 🤣

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Our next newly tooled model in OO/4mm will be announced this coming Friday, Sept 1st. Place your bets!

Cheers!

Fran 

Now you've done it!  40.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Csalem said:

Are you a major player if you don't have a 47... 🤣

Technically, the Class 37 is sufficient to make AS a major player as defined in the Railway Modeller 'Shows You How' booklet 'Being a Major Player'.  With that and both Mk1 and Mk2 carriages in their range, they are under no obligation ever to make a Type 4 of any kind.

• Funny 2

13 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Can be, let others fight over 47 sales and release stuff that hasn't been done over and over again

Yes ! No one’s done a 37 before ! ;)

I think the thing with the 47 is, is that there is a relatively good modern version albeit a tad pricey , with the 37 there was some low hanging fruit still to be taken in terms of 37/6s for starters 

I still think a 40 is unlikely, limited paint schemes , limited geographical spread and unlike the 31/37/47 didn’t make it to the modern railway in any form - so no potential appeal to modern day modellers 

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I still think a 40 is unlikely, limited paint schemes , limited geographical spread and unlike the 31/37/47 didn’t make it to the modern railway in any form - so no potential appeal to modern day modellers 

You could argue many of your points for many steam releases and there’s 2 mainline preserved examples so a little potential for modern day running. Recent new models of Class 24, 25, 45 (well, an approximation to one), 55 show models set within period can and do sell. The issue is if the 40 will manage to surface over all the other potential subjects that can be modelled.

I’ll wait for Friday, but the latest 40s from another manufacturer are now showing sub £200 prices and they can be turned into a very good model reasonably easily.

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Flying Pig said:

Technically, the Class 37 is sufficient to make AS a major player as defined in the Railway Modeller 'Shows You How' booklet 'Being a Major Player'.  With that and both Mk1 and Mk2 carriages in their range, they are under no obligation ever to make a Type 4 of any kind.

Class 50 is a type 4

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, McC said:

Unless it’s a uni

We are signing off decorated samples of the next 37 run at the moment and already have the next several years of announcements planned out :) 

You do love stirring the pot to keep the froth bubbling 😜

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Limited geographical spread?  They ran on the Scottish, Eastern, and London Midland region and even strayed onto the Southern and Western regions on inter regional freight and passenger.  They regularly ran on passenger services around Scotland, were mainstays of the Trans Pennine for years from Newcastle to Holyhead, dieselised the Great Eastern, replaced the Coronations on the LMR out of Euston and ran pre-Deltic expresses on the Eastern.  So, they would work alongside the 31, 37, 50 and 55 in the Accurascale range, and would haul Mk2b and c coaches once airbraked in the 1970s.  Plus they were the preferred haulage for many years for the Royal Train, a job which got them onto other non-allocation regions.

Colour schemes are more varied than the Manor which came in green or black.  For the 40 you have original non-yellow bib green, green with yellow bib, green with full yellow ends, blue pre-TOPS, blue with TOPS numbers and the large logo livery one carried in preservation - as many colour variations as the Class 50.

It also ticks that transition era alleged sweet spot, and are a cult class.

Frankly, it's a no brainer.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Class 08/09. A thousand of them built. Reached every corner of the country in countless liveries and still going strong. No updated model for 15 years or more. Will find a home on any layout.

• Like 2

Hopefully it's somthing new and not a duplication like a 40,47 or hst as there's just no need for it right now. 

Im going to say its a class 313 or a start of the electrostar family with a southern 377. We know revolution have ruled out 00 gauge versions.

And accurascale was a sponsor for the last 313 Rail tour so that's what my money is on.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Hopefully it's somthing new and not a duplication like a 40,47 or hst as there's just no need for it right now. 

Im going to say its a class 313 or a start of the electrostar family with a southern 377. We know revolution have ruled out 00 gauge versions.

And accurascale was a sponsor for the last 313 Rail tour so that's what my money is on.

I wouldn't mind an HST as Hornby don't seem to want to release a NE-SW 7 car rake with an accurate TRSB which was a formation seen from Cornwall to Scotland so should tick a few modeling boxes , whereas I'm sure Accurascale would see the merit in such a unit and release it in more than one livery. However it would be a lot of bunce  to invest in one go.  Although a PEP derived EMU wouldn't be much use to me, it wouldn't surprise me if the 313-508 unit would be Accurascales first unit having GN credentials and would be a fantastic model I'm sure.

• Like 1