More model ideas

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, McC said:

Next announcement is tomorrow at noon. 

Unless it's in Australia........... which is now today.

(Other time zones are available)

• Funny 2

Of course there are a couple of obvious 'big' thigs that have not been mentioned in the last - almost - two days ........... which this Brand new '00' Locomotive announcement has just scuppered.

Maybe next time, then ; bigger Mk1 non- gangwayed Mk1s ( the 63' ones ) or ...

484_15.thumb.jpg.21861102c824bfa19a5cc3f7010989e5.jpg

.... unquestionably BIG ( and CIG ).

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, DRoe96 said:

Accurascale have just tagged Rails of Sheffield with the YouTube link on Twitter. If that doesn't scream Class 89, I don't know what does...

Oh well, back to wishing for Collett Sunshine Stock 👀

Yes, I have just received an e-mail from Rails about a Rails exclusive with Accurascale. I think your scream is dead right.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, curlypaws said:

I almost hope it isn't a model of interest to me. Otherwise bankruptcy beckons 😉

I expressed interest in two 89s, so I would feel honour bound to follow with orders. If Hornby doesn’t make a mess of the Mk. IVs, I’ll have to have a GNER train too. However, if the announcement is a Class 89 and its “big”, perhaps Accurascale is doing the coaches as well.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

12 hours ago, newbryford said:

Unless it's in Australia........... which is now today.

(Other time zones are available)

It’s nearly noon here but no updates from Australia. They are either keeping the news to themselves or it’s too shocking to tell us.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Wolf27 said:

It’s nearly noon here but no updates from Australia. They are either keeping the news to themselves or it’s too shocking to tell us.

Just like to point out that we in New Zealand are further ahead in time than Aussie. And it’s so exciting we decided to go back in time again to relive the announcement so we have forgotten what it was. 

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, tommyliam021 said:

Hasn’t the Class 89 technically been previously announced anyway? I know no product numbers or CADs etc were shown but I’m sure Rails and A/S announced the liveries they intended to produce?

They were looking for Expressions of Interest to gauge interest rather than having something you could place pre-orders for

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Willoughby Glen said:

Would there not be more scope for Accurascale if they did a 81/82/83 or 84 than single loco like the 89?

I think that depends. They ran for a limited time on the WCML only. The 89 whilst being predominantly ECML did trials on WCML and in due course (all going to plan) will run WCML charters I think and has run for longer (although intermittent it is still covering a lot of eras).