BR Travel "boxes"

LBRJ

Just a quick query for an answer off those who know for sure, of which there no doubt are a few :)

If you get "spouse boxes" they are valid for life (or as long as you are married) I believe....

Is this true and what happens when the spouse in questions goes over the wall?

Despite the "internet meme possibilities" I actually am asking for a friend, and although I'm sure I do know, its been the best part of a decade since I hung up the ticket clippers

• RMweb Premium

The RDG website, staff travel section  (https://www.raildeliverygroup.com/rst/faqs.html#MaintPartner ) says this

If you are divorced or legally separated from your Spouse or your civil partnership has been dissolved or annulled, then your ex-Spouse or ex-Civil Partner is no longer eligible to receive staff travel facilities through you even if you remain living in the same property.

You will need to return all of their staff travel facilities to RST for cancellation (by "signed for" delivery).

If you can’t return these passes, RST will be unable to issue you with any facilities for a future Spouse, Civil Partner or Partner until the latest of these passes has expired. In addition, you will not be able to replace these passes with us (for the current lost passes fee) so that these may be returned. Whilst we appreciate that it may be difficult to obtain these passes in your circumstances, the rules of your entitlement only allow the issue of passes to one Spouse, Civil Partner or Partner at any one time.

If the marriage still remains the the staff member has discretion as to whether they can still recieve the entitlement. the website FAQ gives further details

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are the principal  holder of the  Staff Travel  you should take precaution of contacting the RST Office if the spouse has "walked" in case she  is  misusing the Staff Travel facilty.

As the principal you are responsible for her use,  you do not want your  own free and priv travel to be at risk due to her.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2