There is already a NR programme underway to improve the efficiency and capacity of the WCML, between Warrington and Gretna.

The TriLink programme is scheduled to improve speed and capacity over a 15 year long period of works.

The aim is to accommodate HS2 trains and provide a significant uplift in freight capacity.

Included in this programme……

ETCS, longer, improved freight loops with re-profiled, faster entry and exit turnouts, squadron pathing (flighting) for more efficient  use of the line, upgraded signalling and track infrastructure etc.

I think there’s some 4 tracking in there too?

Previous proposals that may now be creeping into the future plans, include straightening and smoothing of some of the more speed restrictive sections.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

There is already a NR programme underway to improve the efficiency and capacity of the WCML, between Warrington and Gretna.

The TriLink programme is scheduled to improve speed and capacity over a 15 year long period of works.

The aim is to accommodate HS2 trains and provide a significant uplift in freight capacity.

Included in this programme……

ETCS, longer, improved freight loops with re-profiled, faster entry and exit turnouts, squadron pathing (flighting) for more efficient  use of the line, upgraded signalling and track infrastructure etc.

I think there’s some 4 tracking in there too?

Previous proposals that may now be creeping into the future plans, include straightening and smoothing of some of the more speed restrictive sections.

There was an article about these plans in Modern Railways a few months ago.  The stretch needs investment,  there has hardly been any investment since electrification and resignalling in the early 70's.

Jamie

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

This video has been uploaded showing progress in the Coleshill area.. The first viaduct now has four spans comp, eted and is obviously going well.  This is at the southern tip of the Delta junction. 

I posted this map  before but it's probablyworth posting again as it helps locate these structures. 

It:s a big file and I don't have any editing software on my tablet.  I'll try and post it at a more reasonable size tomorrow. 

Jamie

• Like 1