Standard Cowans Sheldon 15T Crane (mk1 and mk2 Jib) announced!

Garethp8873

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure more info will come up from People present at Warley, or from Oxford. Both the crane and the J26 are Q3/4 2024, and prices TBC. I don't know anything about matchtrucks but the one at thé show looks to be temporary, a PO plank wagon. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh, it is good to see a photograph of the 15t crane!  It looks as if Oxford is showing some castings of forthcoming vehicles too - that Bond Bug and an early Ford Transit just off camera to the right. 

Any other photos from Oxford’s display today, please?  Is the  J26 there?

John S

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ah - I’ve now found some footage on Instagram from Oxford of the unveiling of their stand at Warley today!  The crane adb968008 has photographed above is a 3d print: they still have work to do on it, and currently plan availability in Q3/4 2024. 

John S

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, Johan DC said:

I don't know anything about matchtrucks but the one at thé show looks to be temporary, a PO plank wagon. 

I already have my GWR match truck in stock for the GWR. 3D output from Bygone wagons. Also available as the top only. I an glad I bought them now. I was beginning to think the Oxford crane was not going to happen. Time to sell my unbuilt D&S kit.

Mike Wiltshire

crane.runner.1.jpg.407ac04de96b49a77068343e03b49d90.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

Now if you can do a diecast cast in orange material I guess you might want a patent !

But they'll have a handful of test castings, it wouldn't take much effort to run a lick of orange paint over one for the show!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Ravenser said:

So much for rationalisation of Hornby's branding into a coherent structure

But it's a separate brand and it would appear that they think they can make it work.  So is this a foretaste of them sorting their 00 Hornby railway brands into something better organised and identifiable as distinct?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

But it's a separate brand and it would appear that they think they can make it work.  So is this a foretaste of them sorting their 00 Hornby railway brands into something better organised and identifiable as distinct?

Or perhaps preparing it to be released back into the wild? 😉

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Perhaps there's a cunning plan to make the Hornby brand TT120-only and move all the 00 stuff to the Oxford label? That way new entrants, knowing only the Hornby name, can be locked-in to a Hornby-only world... 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Perhaps there's a cunning plan to make the Hornby brand TT120-only and move all the 00 stuff to the Oxford label? That way new entrants, knowing only the Hornby name, can be locked-in to a Hornby-only world... 

Well Hornby pretty much missed any opportunity available to them, N Scale Bachmann and Dapol took that ground, OO9 Bachmann, Peco and Heljan have captured the market, O Scale Dapol, Heljan and Ixion have that covered, when it comes to 00 Scale Rapido and Accurascale are pushing their way hard into the market with far superior models at a price that Hornby can't beat, the only markets left where there is no competition is either Z Scale or TT.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Apologies I’m ignorant on LNER goods locos…

in my best Obi-One voice, “are these the J’s your looking for ?”

IMG_1533.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

Back to the crane, I didn’t take a picture, but an unassembled sprue of parts of the crane was also on show.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2