New tooling - BR Standard 2MT 2-6-0 2MT 78xxx

Graham_Muz

26 minutes ago, RAF96 said:

Won't make any difference as the home team poked off for the weekend on Friday.

So are you in effect saying that a member of Hornby Staff has no access to 24/7 IT support even when they are at an offsite, weekend event? I really hope their IT processes are better sorted than that would imply

As it happens I can confirm it is working now. 

• RMweb Premium

Just about completed the weathering on Hawick 2MT 78047. I just need to find and fit the font steps on this side. Having spent some time in this model loco, in my opinion, this is the best Hornby has ever produced. The level of detail, particularly the pipework, is exceptional. 

FB328AAD-1DC6-4229-8EAC-4E8D2F9C9E86.jpeg.2a2e0633d0640bdb4cd4a42c4560d88b.jpeg

DF71E172-DFBB-4B82-9FE4-B8D1569F3924.jpeg.400655c8eda74dbf87cb6a44871a7a86.jpeg

6F147E57-AAB1-48A7-9DF5-35031601764D.jpeg.3715bd3d49371884d4826c5f3c2bd264.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Live from my hotel bathroom…

C891FEBD-735F-4596-AC6B-8944A060A71B.jpeg.eb21b5cfff16db3791b454317f3dae70.jpeg11C32F40-A21D-40FE-A211-5F718EF3BB7E.jpeg.c67a691efda311a5b91eb32ff6eaf76a.jpegEAAFE32F-C097-4E64-9EAD-CE5E3BEB95BC.jpeg.28608855a74b62d5a4960948ff7e6246.jpeg

the best lighting in the room, but the shade of green looks good… 78006 looks the same, I guess 78000 is too, but looks different without lining.

The middle photo looks - almost - LNER green!

CJI.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

The middle photo looks - almost - LNER green!

CJI.

You need to come and fix my bathroom light.

can you bring a beer when you do, room service is taking a while

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

You need to come and fix my bathroom light.

can you bring a beer when you do, room service is taking a while

Room service?!?

In my experience, hotel bar prices are extortionate - I wouldn't even countenance room service; (are you on expenses)?

My first job in any hotel room - worldwide - is to empty the mini-bar and refill it with bottle-shop beer and wine.

Not tight, nor nowt!

CJI.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Room service?!?

In my experience, hotel bar prices are extortionate - I wouldn't even countenance room service; (are you on expenses)?

My first job in any hotel room - worldwide - is to empty the mini-bar and refill it with bottle-shop beer and wine.

Not tight, nor nowt!

CJI.

Can't get the staff obviously…

:-)

here’s the harsh light of Warley… if it were LNER Green it would definitely still be there..

IMG_1566.jpeg

as I can’t get room service I’ve gone out so I’ll post it with some Heljan B Regent Tanks, they seem to have found some leftovers when I get back

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Can't get the staff obviously…

:-)

here’s the harsh light of Warley… if it were LNER Green it would definitely still be there..

IMG_1566.jpeg

Now, that is far, far more like it!

Next time, specify daylight lighting for your hotel room.

CJI.

• Funny 3

For anyone else who pre-ordered in 2021 for the 78022 Club exclusive I think the question of are they being honoured has been answered. I've been charged for it and the order updated to Processing from Pending. So looks like the original orders have been kept which is great!

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Karl said:

For anyone else who pre-ordered in 2021 for the 78022 Club exclusive I think the question of are they being honoured has been answered. I've been charged for it and the order updated to Processing from Pending. So looks like the original orders have been kept which is great!

Likewise! 😁

Well done to them for honouring that.

• RMweb Gold
On 25/11/2023 at 21:08, cctransuk said:

Now, that is far, far more like it!

Next time, specify daylight lighting for your hotel room.

CJI.

You must be joking.These days the average hotel bedroom has the minimal possible lighting. ….except for the bathroom.

• Agree 1

I spoke to Customer Services today and was told "That was the price when you ordered it, so that's the price you pay" - it's now on its way via DPD. They have always honoured the price when ordered in the past, so why change now?

Edited by Bulleidboy100
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm answer to my own previous question 'when will the other variants arrive?' mine was delivered yesterday morning. 

IMG_20231202_164622.jpg.4e41d192d9957284d7c53d1b0a0c7f1e.jpgIMG_20231202_164643.jpg.5e97b4d671b6bc242a1c11549b66cb81.jpgIMG_20231202_165414.jpg.948180988be5f8c46800507ac4cb7f63.jpg

First impressions are good, everything is present and fitted correctly as far as I can see. The steps/cylinder drains/tender water scoop are all in the accessory bag (along with a snow plough and the front coupling).

Not yet run in (tomorrow's playtime) however I also have to decide if its worth also purchasing 78047 or just to renumber this one.

The idea is to replicate 78018 as currently on the gcr however the air tank on left side and battery box on the right are missing (these are fitted on 78047 however that doesn't have the yellow tender wheel bearings).

Edited by K Hatton
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ramrig said:

In that second picture it looks like the connecting rod is bent, between the centre and rear driving wheels. Must be the camera angle (hopefully)

Unfortunately you are correct (not sure how I managed to miss that!) 

So tomorrow's task is now arranging a return/replacement.

Thanks for pointing it out, glad I didn't try to run it today after all. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I've just got my collectors club 78022 delivered and before I even opened the box I could hear the rattle. The chimney is loose in the box and I can see it, but not actually taken it out of the clear plastic yet incase I jsut send it straight back.

My question is does it just clip back in so no need to return, is it a common issue or is it definatley needing to be returned?

16 minutes ago, Turnesc said:

I've just got my collectors club 78022 delivered and before I even opened the box I could hear the rattle. The chimney is loose in the box and I can see it, but not actually taken it out of the clear plastic yet incase I jsut send it straight back.

My question is does it just clip back in so no need to return, is it a common issue or is it definatley needing to be returned?

Probably will drop back in with a drop of glue. 

Mine has just been delivered at home. Shame I'm currently 30 miles away from it! 

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Turnesc said:

The chimney is loose in the box and I can see it, but not actually taken it out of the clear plastic yet incase I jsut send it straight back.

Why not try it yourself?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Turnesc said:

I was hoping someone else might have come across this so if I need to send it back I don't actually have to unpack it.

If in doubt - send it back! (Though how difficult can it be to refix a funnel)?

CJI.

• Agree 1