Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

Frankly, why the company has not issued a recall on these is beyond me. Through this forum alone I've noted at least 3 incidents now. One of those with a bit more punch in a paper mache tunnel or near other modelling materials and it could easily escalate... ...a smaller number of incidents have provoked recalls from others outside this industry and I don't understand why Hornby don't see this as a priority.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/06/2024 at 10:03, letterspider said:

Good luck, let the community know what happened

Quick update, Hornby have had the power car back and repaired it for free. I received it back today and its had a new body and capacitor according to the paperwork, seems to run well. So decent customer service from Hornby on this ocassion.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Peter749 said:

A question on the Oversized Capacitors(?) in the trailer cars - do they need them to make the lights work.

I might just remove them from my coaches.

Peter

I don't believe so from what I can recall. I would suggest replacing them as they will flicker due to the pickup arrangement due to the articulation meaning that the number of pickups are located on one bogie rather than both.

Edited by E100
  • Like 1

On 02/08/2024 at 13:51, E100 said:

I don't believe so from what I can recall. I would suggest replacing them as they will flicker due to the pickup arrangement due to the articulation meaning that the number of pickups are located on one bogie rather than both.

Thanks - I will look at finding a replacement capacitor