Glasgow Queen Street

David Bell

Here is where I have got to with the trams. Cunarder on the left, Kilmarnock bogie on the right.

Also in an attempt to create something that looks like Matthew  Reid's Pub for the bus station scene I have again resorted to joining two Bachmann ready to plant buildings.Work in progress! 

20231215_191552.jpg

20231117_150705.jpg

20231215_191704.jpg

Edited by David Bell
  • Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GordonC said:

those look fantastic!!!! Where would you get old adverts like that from?

I did not do these but what i usually do is download the images from the net and print them on transfer paper, put the transfers on 5 thou plastic, spray over with matt varnish. I need to do an Irn Bru one!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

I have made a little more progress with the bus station setting out pavements and walls.

The blue wall will have a large Bluebird logo, apparently a feature of Alexander's bus stations.

Behind the stepped wall at the back would be Cunningham Street which ran on an incline down towards the pub.

Eastern Scottish used to run some services from a stance on this street because of congestion in the old Buchanan St. Bus Station so I plan to tuck a suitable double decker bus behind the wall,just the top will be visible.

Cheers

David

20240111_095208.jpg

20240111_095136.jpg

• Like 12

This is the first bus stance with basic block colours applied. Just needs further colouring, weathering and signs applied, then on to the next one! Looks like the express service from London has just pulled in

20240201_154144.jpg

20240201_154129.jpg

20240201_154113.jpg

• Like 14

If concern is about accuracy, then there does not look to be much room for pedestrians behind that shelter, never mind prams. If the pavement were that narrow, would the shelter not perhaps have been one of the designs with no end walls and a cantilevered roof? But I note that the glazing has been knocked out by the locals, so that is probably authentic.

Edited by Dunalastair
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

I have taken all the scenic sections off the boards and laid them out on the floor to check how they fit together and how they look. At the moment all this just lies loose on the boards. The only thing attached to the boards is the track. It will stay like that until the whole thing is brought down from the loft. In this picture the fiddle yard will be beyond the tenement at the top. The station is below the bridge at the bottom and the viewing side is from the right.

20240224_113319.jpg

20240224_112630.jpg

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 2