The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1, 2020

Andrew P

36 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

It haas to be Schumacher!

(To be fair, the lad is leading the GP2 and seems a thoroughly nice chap).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Presumably part of a contract for Haas to get cheap(er) Ferrari parts. Where does that fit in a budget cap?

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

In current circumstances, it might be a case of "When will the Championship wrap up?"

Each nation makes its own judgements about Covid and what it will allow. While Turkey may not be mad about French drivers and teams right now, the other succeeding races are at venues less likely to put up the shutters, I feel. Unless a team or teams are prevented from leaving home, I see a few races still happening. 

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Whilst a brief diversion from F1, Rally Ypres has been cancelled, meaning Elfyn only has one round left to defend his lead to become the first ever Welsh world rally champion. There's a long way to go between now and December's rally Monza. Whilst if it's cancelled then he is champion which I'd love, I'd also like to see another round of the championship and for him to win it on an event.

Jo

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

45 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Whilst a brief diversion from F1, Rally Ypres has been cancelled, meaning Elfyn only has one round left to defend his lead to become the first ever Welsh world rally champion. There's a long way to go between now and December's rally Monza. Whilst if it's cancelled then he is champion which I'd love, I'd also like to see another round of the championship and for him to win it on an event.

Jo

So it's back to the situation before Monza was added then. That'll be a blow for Neuville and Tänak as they needed the extra round to gain back some more points.

I do hope that Monza can go ahead though as it would give Toyota another go at beating Hyundai. Just something about the way the latter operates that I don't like. I get they want the Manufacturers championship but it's just the way they chop and change the driver of the third car around at short notice that puts me off them. I mean, swap the drivers around by all means but don't say 'X' driver is going only to swap to 'Y' driver just before for no reason other then tactics.

Edited by LNERandBR
  • Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 16:44, EddieB said:

That's sad, because in that time Russell has consistently out-qualified his team-mates, has driven clean races (I'm hard put to think of an incident he caused) and showed maturity in his conduct on and off circuit.

Commentator’s curse?

• Like 4

So in today’s Vettel news, our man managed to spin Kevin Magnuson and damage Bottas’s floor.  Although the incident was up for investigation, the Ferrari International Assistance stewards took no action - so how jolly decent of his pit crew to apply a ten second penalty on his tyre change...

• Like 3
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, EddieB said:

So in today’s Vettel news, our man managed to spin Kevin Magnuson and damage Bottas’s floor.  Although the incident was up for investigation, the Ferrari International Assistance stewards took no action - so how jolly decent of his pit crew to apply a ten second penalty on his tyre change...

Thankyou. I managed to miss the first 15 laps or so, but Vettel seemed to be driving rather well, until the buffoons in his pit got it wrong. But if he was the cause of Bottas's floor damage it was indeed justice. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hamilton = No  guarantee he will stay in F1 next year.:o

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/30236648/no-guarantee-stay-f1-next-year

A bit different to what he posted on his facebook feed this afternoon (note the last sentence):

"All of the elements aligned on this momentous day for myself and the team. Mercedes just claimed their 7th Constructors’ Championship! Yet more history made here in Imola To everyone back at the factory grafting away and continuing to push and innovate. You guys are the true unsung heroes. This is the result of your collective vision and hard work. I am forever grateful for all that you do. A huge congrats to you guys! Let’s continue to make history together"

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yet another well deserved Championship for Mercedes, and yes, a lucky win for Lewis to some degree, but I think he may have just about won it  even without Lady Luck today.

Even if a driver's lucky, by and large he tends to have to be in the right position to take advantage of the luck, as he was in this case.  

• Agree 7