The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1, 2020

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, rocor said:

Agreed, but the need was urgent and funding limited at the time. 

Keeping APT alive would have split the pot and diverted resources away from HST, delaying its entry into service.

It's importance to BR's survival and the future of UK rail travel was evident from the day it entered traffic. Had HST been held back by even three or four years, I consider that the industry might well have declined sufficiently for "Beeching 2" to have become a distinct probability.  

John

• Like 1

I must be getting OLD and FORGETFUL :oI thought this was an F1 Thread, haha.:no:

I wonder if Spain will still go ahead, as parts of Spain are going back into Lockdown?

https://news.sky.com/story/english-holidaymakers-in-spain-will-have-to-quarantine-on-return-after-surprise-change-of-policy-12036188

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Personally given the choice were I a team boss, I think I'd rather have Kimi than Seb. Kimi's dependable, Seb's prone to too many costly errors and impetuous actions that reflect badly on the brand. Ferrari are getting rid of him for a reason....

Edited by RJS1977
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, RJS1977 said:

Personally given the choice were I a team boss, I think I'd rather have Kimi than Seb. Kimi's dependable, Seb's prone to too many costly errors and impetuous actions that reflect badly on the brand. Ferrari are getting rid of him for a reason....

Same with Perrez, he has proved his worth and loyalty to Force India and works well with young Stroll at Racing Point, why rock the boat and bring in Mr Grumpy, who will be EVEN MORE GRUMPY if beaten by young Stroll and told to; let him pass, he is quicker than you, haha.

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Same with Perrez, he has proved his worth and loyalty to Force India and works well with young Stroll at Racing Point, why rock the boat and bring in Mr Grumpy, who will be EVEN MORE GRUMPY if beaten by young Stroll and told to; let him pass, he is quicker than you, haha.

...and his Dad pays your wages. 

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

21 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

...and his Dad pays your wages. 

HAHA, I can't see that being a match made in heaven. stroppy stomp mid season from the Vet?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Not this year, there's no spectators.

That was rather my point! The roads round there could get crowded with two families taking a day-trip. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

2 hours ago, Hobby said:

Perhaps they are angling for an extra payment, over and above the extra they already get, to get them out of the hole. Or it's just a bluff. 

OR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pleading that without cheating they cant be competitive.:o

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Hobby said:

Perhaps they are angling for an extra payment, over and above the extra they already get, to get them out of the hole. Or it's just a bluff. 

As they drop into the middle division, are they  after a "parachute payment" that is paid to relegated football teams?

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, newbryford said:

As they drop into the middle division, are they  after a "parachute payment" that is paid to relegated football teams?

Aren't Ferrari the possessors of some sort of a veto on rules and regs changes?  Will that go too when they fall into the middle ranks?

• Like 2

I think Spain, and possibly even Portugal are looking less likely at the moment. Especially if the Teams or even just some staff have to return to the UK after the  event.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

It’s a bit double jeopardy this year, you need to be in position in the championship all the way in case races get canned and the season ends abruptly the way things are moving. 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
On 28/07/2020 at 12:14, PhilJ W said:

I hope his support for Binotto is genuine. Those who seem to know feel the chap is being wasted in the top job, because they say he is a fine engineer, and should be at the heart of design etc, not team configuration and management. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1