The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

34theletterbetweenB&D

• 3 months later...

The off-target advertising seems to have fallen away in recent months. Nothing seriously weird and unconnected with my interests has appeared. Perhaps a 'tightwad' detector cookie has discerned that there is never a positive outcome?

3 hours ago, gordon s said:

Below the waist grooming?...

Those don't look like nail clippers. That's my only activity below the waist that might be classed as 'grooming'. 

(This isn't 'grooming' of course, but solely to avoid my claws savaging holes in my socks after three wearings.)

• Funny 2

Having been reading through this thread, I took a look to the right of the screen to see what goods/services were being served up for my delight.

Wireless bras.

My first thought was, so they come equipped with bluetooth now do they?.

• Funny 5

I find it rather reassuring how far off the board targeted advertising is. It would be somewhat sinister if it was consistently hitting the bullseye.

• Agree 3

ITV4 snuck in a blipvert for I think The Fixer during the movie Gran Turino last night.

I couldn't say whether it breaches Ofcom rules on subliminal messaging, but I found it annoying more than anything else.

C6T. 

• RMweb Premium
On 24/07/2020 at 13:35, Steamport Southport said:

Try Veet For Men. But read the review first....

Contains some mild swear words.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5

It was kind of funny until I got to this:

"The only solution my pain crazed mind could come up with was to gently ease one of the sprouts where no veg had gone before.

Unfortunately, alerted by the strange grunts coming from the kitchen the other half chose that moment to come and investigate and was greeted by the sight of me, arse in the air, strawberry ice cream dripping from my bell end pushing a sprout up my arse while muttering..." Ooooh that feels good "

Understandingly this was a shock to her and she let out a scream and as I hadn't heard her come in it caused an involuntary spasm of shock in myself which resulted in the sprout being ejected at quite some speed in her direction.

I can understand that having a sprout farted against your leg at 11 at night in the kitchen probably wasn't the special surprise she was expecting and having to explain to the kids the next day what the strange hollow in the ice cream was didn't improve my status...

So to sum it up Veet removes hair, dignity and self respect....... :-
"

The above would have had me rolling on the floor if my chair did not have arms!  I laughed so hard that there were tears!!:yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini:

Thank you for brightening my day. Now to go back and read the comments.

• Funny 3

It has just taken me 15 minutes to read that sprout post. I have tears rolling down my cheeks thank you for sharing that i haven't laughed like that for a while 

Ouch my ribs hurt

Please becareful following the link its even funnier

Edited by simontaylor484
Health warning
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/07/2020 at 13:53, gordon s said:

Below the waist grooming?.......

The mind boggles.....:D

139545322_Screenshot2020-07-24at13_48_27.png.6cf85639a6372e28191bec8884d52ae8.png

I feel this one is even less appealing. 

386231944_Screenshot2020-08-04at17_18_51.png.512ed36d61b26bf3b51c2637c2d95c09.png

As this is popping up* on the site quite a bit at the moment, I wonder how desperate the advertisers are. 

*pun intended.  

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

It has just taken me 15 minutes to read that sprout post. I have tears rolling down my cheeks thank you for sharing that i haven't laughed like that for a while

Ouch my ribs hurt

Please becareful following the link its even funnier

Some of the 50+ comments are almost as funny. :biggrin_mini:

• 2 weeks later...

This caught my eye this morning.....

I'm sure it would be a wonderful experience until I saw the price. From £2750 for 25 minutes......:o

To be honest I had no idea what to expect as I hadn't really thought how much it must cost to keep one of these machines flying.

Oh well, cross that one of the bucket list...;)

https://www.warbirdflights.co.uk/spitfireflights

Edited by gordon s
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, gordon s said:

...I'm sure it would be a wonderful experience until I saw the price. From £2750 for 25 minutes...

To be honest I had no idea what to expect as I hadn't really thought how much it must cost to keep one of these machines flying...

I would bet that a hefty chunk of that is insurance. Ask for no insurance for yourself and see if you can get a reduction?

Relative to the present cost of a funeral - which none of us enjoy at all - it actually sounds quite reasonable for a late in life adventure, once the other 99 items are ticked off. Having seen altogether too many once lively and active elders reduced to near imprisonment in care and nursing homes and none too happy about it, my thoughts are turning to exciting and dangerous things to do; spend the remaining dough on that, rather then paying to be banged up and bored rigid.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, gordon s said:

Oh well, cross that one of the bucket list...;)

Replace it with this bargain bucket when they're operating again Gordon - https://www.eaglescott-airfield.com/aerobatic-flight/

A Chippy can be surprisingly lively and you wouldn't get loops in the Spit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was in the air cadets in the 90s we flew in chipmunks regularly with the Air Experience Flights. They were old aircraft then but were fun e.g. Stall turns when you end up in negative g. You even got to wear a parachute,worn properly you can't stand up straight never mind run to an aircraft. 

I joined the Air  cadets at 13 and left at just before 18 engine up with 20 hrs flying time in chipmunks,  flying powered gliders never got the chance to go solo. Flying in the back of a Chinook over Salisbury plain. 

All this was free but £187 for 30mins would be good value for money

• Like 1