The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

AY Mod for PM?

Phil Parker

• RMweb Premium
On 06/12/2019 at 06:04, Sol said:

My ancestry can be traced back to those who came from England in 1840 -1850 ,  does that still make me a British citizen >??

If we think about it,  all of us have foreign ancestry, even those who came here thousands of years ago......

And many of us who still live (or who, as in my case, have returned to live) in the Mother Country have traceable roots elsewhere.  In my case 13th Century Brittany.  Does that make me some kind of undesirable European and unable to vote let alone stand for Parliament in the UK?  

No.  

We forgive most sins with time.  And given the option of a local candidate the Monster Raving Loony party manifesto doesn't necessarily make for wasted reading.  Other opinions may be available.  

One of several parties proposing  more direct democratic systems. The technology to implement this is - excitingly - now available, but the optimates are way better organised to defend the typical 'universal adult franchise plural polity democratic system' status quo. Which is the worst system of government ever devised, excepting all the other ones...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SVRlad said:

Those forum members who live in Uxbridge could always vote for Lord Buckethead, who unlike previous occasions is standing as the MRLP candidate....

I'm sure he couldn't be any worse than their current MP!

There doesn't seem to be any minority candidates standing in my constituency at this election.  The only loony no-hopers that I could waste my vote on would be the Conservative, Labour and Green party candidates!  None of them have been doing any campaigning locally, because none have any prospect of being elected.

17 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

...if I get into real power on Friday some of you lot best watch out. I've already earmarked someone for their extreme anti-establishment rantings for the guillotine. Yes, I'm bringing back the birch for people who I think need to get a grip on themselves and reality, the stocks for those who keep banging on that manufacturers don't make what they think they should and erecting the gallows for those who start gauge wars. There's only one type of PC in this house.

We need a name. The New Model Party perhaps? 'Nemo' for short: you can be Captain.

If elected I will join you, if the post of Defence in your government is available. I have a proven formulation for this role which can have the working title 'New Model Army'...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

PMAYMod (Peamaymod has a certain ring to it, don’t you think) will struggle to rule over such a disparate bunch as RMWebbers by his own admission. Just how he will cope on Friday 13th trying to run any semblance of a rail service when the fighting between electric, diesel and steam factions with the broad, standard and narrow clans amongst each breaks out into open warfare I do wonder. How will we all get to Whitehall to be given our portfolios in such circumstances? Lesson 1 in politics is that peamaymod won’t please all the people all the time. I anticipate things will get worse before they get better or “the flogging will continue until moral improves”.

Now I see his dastardly plan - for years this site has been using 'PM AYMod' as a means of reporting issues - this has been a subliminal exercise for us to vote AYMod at the elections, years of conditioning reinventing himself from Il Duce into the softer friendlier AYMod the modellers friend has been leading up to this election

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Pah, at least I don't try offering bizarre donations to political parties unlike some.

Loony_Phil.jpg

Anyway, if I get into real power on Friday some of you lot best watch out. I've already earmarked someone for their extreme anti-establishment rantings for the guillotine. Yes, I'm bringing back the birch for people who I think need to get a grip on themselves and reality, the stocks for those who keep banging on that manufacturers don't make what they think they should and erecting the gallows for those who start gauge wars. There's only one type of PC in this house.

So no more Apple Macs? you've got my vote.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

On 09/12/2019 at 10:50, woodenhead said:

Now I see his dastardly plan - for years this site has been using 'PM AYMod' as a means of reporting issues - this has been a subliminal exercise for us to vote AYMod at the elections, years of conditioning reinventing himself from Il Duce into the softer friendlier AYMod the modellers friend has been leading up to this election

"So this is how democracy ends, to rapturous applause..."

I suspect the evil hand of Jar-Jar Binks, again. Will we never learn!?

C6T. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Metr0Land said:

Can we hope expect that Andy will be in purdah tomorrow until 10pm?

With the rest of the hareem? 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/12/2019 at 20:59, GeoffAlan said:

A friend of mine gave up voting in the early 1970s. 

His reason? Every single time he voted the government got in.

In Australia, the seat of Eden-Monaro was known as being a 'Bellwether' seat. From 1972-2013, it was always a government seat, which meant it changed parties several times. Also all MP's in that period lost their seat at the election, meaning none retired or resigned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Eden-Monaro

• RMweb Gold
On 09/12/2019 at 10:50, woodenhead said:

The Americans have used subliminal messaging for years even stooping as low as children's songs. Consider ..... Nellie the Elephant. Trump trump trump.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
On 09/12/2019 at 09:51, SVRlad said:

Those forum members who live in Uxbridge could always vote for Lord Buckethead, who unlike previous occasions is standing as the MRLP candidate....

And it looks like its a two way battle for the Minister of Fisheries role when Andy gets elected between Downendian and yours truly. Could end up like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8XeDvKqI4E

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

After a tough night, Andy has announced he'll retire to Colombey-les-deux-Eglises for the next 5 years where he'll hope to convert europeans to finescale OO.  Let's hope he doesn't go native and start modelling breeteeesh HO.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4