Gloatbox Exchange

Pixie

28 minutes ago, 1965Nick said:

Thank you to everyone who has helped me recently 😀
Has anyone got any instructions for the Ultima GWR first class sleeper body kit. I can work out most of it. 
The other item I’m seeking is a roof to suit a 61’ 6” Gresley full brake. Thank you in advance if anyone can help out please? 😊

To what scale is the Gresley full brake? 1:148, 1:152, or (if it is the Mallard models etch you have) somewhere in between. 

Chris

14 hours ago, 1965Nick said:

Thank you to everyone who has helped me recently 😀
Has anyone got any instructions for the Ultima GWR first class sleeper body kit. I can work out most of it. 
The other item I’m seeking is a roof to suit a 61’ 6” Gresley full brake. Thank you in advance if anyone can help out please? 😊

Nick,

I think I've got a couple of the Ultima Gresley coach roof mouldings at home. Not sure of scale / dimensions but I can measure them later to see if they'd be suitable for what you need.

Andy

On 10/06/2024 at 22:53, 1965Nick said:

Hi Chris, it’s the Mallard models etch, which I thought was 2mm scale. 
thank you 😊 

Andy Carlson has built one of these - he had it at Derby (including roof).

This is a quote from him in an email he sent me a long while back:

>  It’s a Mallard Models kit, maybe shot down from 4mm but I think it’s been done to something like 1:148 because the Ultima roof that has resided in my gloat box since about the late 80s is about 2mm too short.

But actually the Ultima roof being 2mm short makes the etch  about 1:150 rather than 1:148. Best to ask him.

Chris 

Edited by Chris Higgs