Class 37, by Accurascale

20 hours ago, Melton Works said:

Well I preferred 714 as it is currently with the HTG at the GCR. So moved cantrail lower, modern OHLE flashes in correct places, smaller cabside numbers plus the 714 on the nose ends, moved position of blue stars, solebar labels, checkerplate kickplates, yellow axle boxes, red springs. Added the HTG headboard too!

Good to know, this is the loco where the soundfile came from too...

20240728_193422.jpg

20240728_193535.jpg

20240728_193455.jpg

Nice to see someone doing some modelling on the Accurascale sub-forum!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Decided to have a bit of fun with one of the split box beasts. I got some lovely 3D printed door noses and a clever person helped make the headlights work. And thanks to Tim of this parish for the reinforced style windscreens. Just need to fit some frost grilles and it’s done. 

IMG_5156.jpeg

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5155.jpeg

Even more modelling 👍

2 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

Decided to have a bit of fun with one of the split box beasts. I got some lovely 3D printed door noses and a clever person helped make the headlights work. And thanks to Tim of this parish for the reinforced style windscreens. Just need to fit some frost grilles and it’s done. 

IMG_5156.jpeg

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5155.jpeg

Must say, that is outstanding! 💯👍🏻

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

With all the following the tractor has I’m still surprised no one has done a EMD engine and generator swop into one of them to perk one up

I think one of it's key strengths has been the route availability. Replacement with additional strengthening required probably would negatively affect that key trait that I think has been a key reason for it's longevity.

If we just need a modernised diesel for freight there's plenty of 60's to go at. 93's/99's are likely to free up some more 66's and there's a lot of spare 68's now TPE has gone as well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

With all the following the tractor has I’m still surprised no one has done a EMD engine and generator swop into one of them to perk one up

With HS2 north gone, its not locomotives were short of, but railfreight haulage customers.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 21/07/2024 at 01:16, big jim said:

In a test train consist here but dont know the full story as to why 

DSN_1171_148

Another front end for Accurascale to tool up when 37099 re-emerges... The headcode boxes and doors have been removed now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Keith Simons said:

Hi Fran. Any more news on Colas 37116 and her friends yet please?

Also, do we know when the 8ohm speakers and clips will back in stock please?

Many thanks,

Keith. 

Fran is on holiday, check the thread for last up date, 

Hi good people, so I am a happy owner of HN Rail  37405 and want to add the full buffer beam detail but Im not sure where all the different coloured pipes go. Has anyone done it? The guide is not clear and I don't know about these things but I don't want to be wrong Thanks all

32 minutes ago, Triumph1050 said:

Hi good people, so I am a happy owner of HN Rail  37405 and want to add the full buffer beam detail but Im not sure where all the different coloured pipes go. Has anyone done it? The guide is not clear and I don't know about these things but I don't want to be wrong Thanks all

I would recommend finding a picture of 37405 to reference from to see where they are on the real thing.

• Like 2

• Accurascale staff
43 minutes ago, Triumph1050 said:

From your included guide with the model:

image (4).png

image (5).png

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

46 minutes ago, McC said:

From your included guide with the model:

image (4).png

image (5).png

Yes I saw this but it would have helped if the guide was done in the right colours. The good news is I have now sorted it Thanks all

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, MidlandRed said:

Is there any news on likely delivery of second batch class 37, D6600 and D6992? I’ve received another invoice requesting payment so wondered if they are imminent? 

What does their website, project status say?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, MidlandRed said:

Is there any news on likely delivery of second batch class 37, D6600 and D6992? I’ve received another invoice requesting payment so wondered if they are imminent? 

I wouldn't treat the payment request as an indicator of impending delivery, I had one for my P class months ago.

• Accurascale staff
54 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

I wouldn't treat the payment request as an indicator of impending delivery, I had one for my P class months ago.

They are in transit and due in about a week. 

If you got a P class invoice it would not have been a payment demand or it would have been in error tho they are also due in about 6-7 weeks. 

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 20/07/2024 at 22:49, nightstar.train said:

I have received and been testing my 37405. What a glorious engine, although it does rather make the eyes bleed if you look at it for too long! Have the HNRC 37s ever been used on Network Rail test trains? I was thinking of adding a push/pull mode so only the lights on one end work, but I won't bother if it doesn't work with NR trains. A quick squizz around on Flickr doesn't show it running with test trains. 

You’ll be pleased to hear 37405 has been on IM test train workings this week and photos are appearing on WNXX and Flickr such as this one:

37405 | Plumley

Edited by black and decker boy
Typo
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Penson Halt said:

37405 a couple of months ago in Shrewsbury.

08E44FCA-8A37-4FB0-B164-9C4EA52CB41F.jpeg

getting that loco onto that train in that siding in shrewsbury caused me such a headache at the time! 

Also ironic that you couldn’t get a shot of the whole train because of the lineside vegetation blocking the view! 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1