Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

Eek !

Screenshot_20230814_174537_Facebook.jpg

Good lord, I do hope that 97301 comes with a free pair of Accurasun sunglasses! 

I'm really kind of hoping that these are on a boat and not a plane. I have a Titfield Thunderbolt pack on order that is also due imminently, and I'll end up owing Rails a lot of money if the 37s come as well. (Although I do kinda sorta really want an original DRS 37/6, so that might end up added to the order). 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

It'll be right at home here. (JT pic)

IMGP8267PSc.jpg.f73285c49a0ccc40178625229d858bef.jpg

The loco is okay Mick, and is toned down by the grey roof, black bogies etc. But the box is LOUD! I can't imagine what the box for the Accurascale Exclusive HNRC orange 37 will be like. Might need eye surgery afterwards! 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SRman said:

p.s. Your Eurostar seems to have lost a few coaches! 😉

Only one mssing.

There was single E* power car and single trailer at Derby for cosmetic attention in 2019. (So that mixes timescales with the ex VTEC PC)

flickr pic

Daylight Duo

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, tlm said:

Odd lighting issue

I have a curious lighting issue with three recent 37s acquired as DCC Ready versions and retrofitted with Accurathrash decoders and speakers, in that everything works fine apart from the dashboard lights which come on at both ends as soon as power is supplied to the track (but before selecting any loco), and which permanently stay on at both ends irrespective of the direction of travel, or the operation of F19 which has no effect. Everything else works as it should.

Can anyone suggest the appropriate CV sequence to remedy this, presumably using Aux 3 and 4.

This has only happened so far with a 37026 and 37409 x 2. I have retrofitted several others which, apart from one with a different issue, have all worked fine.

The lighting switches incidentally are correctly set as per the Accurascale guide and match those in the DCC Sound versions. I did raise this with Accurascale support some time ago on receipt of the 026, but haven't had a suggested fix.

My 'Spirit Of The Lakes' was exactly the same. Purchased DCC ready and then fitted with the Accurascale decoder and speaker. You might also find that the flange squeal does not work even with F11 enabled. Mine is back with Accurascale now.

17 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

97301 is not a refurbished loco. You can tell by the nose grills being different at either end. 

Roy

Whoops, ordered a refurbished decoder before I saw your reply, oh well, I'm not too bothered by it!

Looking forward to getting the loco now!

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, IOW O2 said:

Probably a daft question, awaiting B/Blue 37001, will this come with the snowplows in the bits bag, and noted in ‘common features’ list states this, but I’m sure it was said way way back that the bits bags would only have bits for the relative period of each variant produced. Many thanks.

Hope it has frost grilles so I can back date to the pre TOPS blue that everyone ignores.

• RMweb Premium

Here's a conundrum!...

I thought I'd compare the connections and functions on a ZIMO MS440 with the Loksound 5 21-pin to see if I thought I'd re-use a Zimo chip in one of these. This, I thought, is a straightforward exercise. I got up to AUX10 on the ESU and saw that it is also the sensor input. I then got to AUX11 and AUX12 (on the SUSI pins) which are also functions on the Zimo - but may be full power..... anyway, I then got sidetracked and confused when I looked a the Accurascale function card and my own experience of mapping the ESUs....

The latest card shows the Engine room lights on AUX14 on the ESU. I also know that SENSOR2 is the input for the flange squeal. The Loksound manual makes no mention of an AUX14 and it's not one of the 21-pin connections, yet, I know it works in the loco. Additionally, the only input pin is shared with AUX10 which is also the rear cab light. So, I can't see how the sensor2 and cab rear could work together (although I accept there could be some circuit wizardry) but somewhat more puzzling is what/where is AUX14 on the chip?? Does anyone know 🤔

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, LMSfan72 said:

Here's a conundrum!...

I thought I'd compare the connections and functions on a ZIMO MS440 with the Loksound 5 21-pin to see if I thought I'd re-use a Zimo chip in one of these. This, I thought, is a straightforward exercise. I got up to AUX10 on the ESU and saw that it is also the sensor input. I then got to AUX11 and AUX12 (on the SUSI pins) which are also functions on the Zimo - but may be full power..... anyway, I then got sidetracked and confused when I looked a the Accurascale function card and my own experience of mapping the ESUs....

The latest card shows the Engine room lights on AUX14 on the ESU. I also know that SENSOR2 is the input for the flange squeal. The Loksound manual makes no mention of an AUX14 and it's not one of the 21-pin connections, yet, I know it works in the loco. Additionally, the only input pin is shared with AUX10 which is also the rear cab light. So, I can't see how the sensor2 and cab rear could work together (although I accept there could be some circuit wizardry) but somewhat more puzzling is what/where is AUX14 on the chip?? Does anyone know 🤔

Our locos have logic circuitry onboard the pcbs which extends the functionality possible beyond the capabilities of the basics. Drop the team a line with any specific questions and they can best advise how it’s configured. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Out of curiousity, anyone thats had the misfortune of returning a 37 for repair/replacement know if you get any notification once the faulty one has reached Accurascale and if you get the same notifications for delivery as the original order? Would suck to not know the replacement is coming and have nobody home....

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, Kaput said:

Out of curiousity, anyone thats had the misfortune of returning a 37 for repair/replacement know if you get any notification once the faulty one has reached Accurascale and if you get the same notifications for delivery as the original order? Would suck to not know the replacement is coming and have nobody home....

The Collect+ receipt when you drop the loco off has tracking info so you can see when it reaches us then if a replacement is being sent a new order and new tracking info will be raised in your account. Any questions at all our team are in Live chat on the website every day to help 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, RBAGE said:

While you're all there, what the best method of removing 37 001, so I can apply a proper number?

A serious answer for you. On my Accurascale class 92 I found a cotton bud with a drop of enamel thinners worked perfectly. Rub gently and the number will come off without damaging the paint. 

• Thanks 1

On 14/08/2023 at 18:29, Chrisr40 said:

Eek !

Screenshot_20230814_174537_Facebook.jpg

Hi,

As an interlude prior to the ‘when is mine going to be dispatched’ posts, I’m pleased to see that the latest piece on the Accurascale website describes 97301 being fitted with E.T.C.S. instead of normally being described as ERTMS! 

Simon

P.S. When is mine going to be dispatched? 🤣 

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

I’m pleased to see that the latest piece on the Accurascale website describes 97301 being fitted with E.T.C.S. 

And to add to the realism it doesn’t work like on the real thing either! 

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

I very nearly bought a second 37409 last night, thinking it was 37419, and it got me thinking, had I gone ahead with the purchase, could it have been renumbered to another of DRS’s 37/4’s?  Such as 37401 or 37424/XH558?

Edited by jools1959
Typo

12 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I very nearly bought a second 37409 last night, thinking it was 37419, and it got me thinking, had I gone ahead with the purchase, could it have been renumbered to another of DRS’s 37/4’s?  Such as 37401 or 37424/XH558?

If nothing else then I'm pretty sure that 402 and 409 have one of their side windows plated over compared to 401 and 424.

• Informative/Useful 1