Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Islesy said:

It seems, of late, phone reception at outdoor events has been abysmal, even for 5G. I’ve been to to a few concert venues, as well as cricket venues, and have struggled for reception every time.

I suppose with hundreds or thousands of people there all with mobiles, there may be a few issues! 

Perhaps train will stop play….

I’ll get me coat!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I suppose with hundreds or thousands of people there all with mobiles, there may be a few issues! 

Perhaps train will stop play….

I’ll get me coat!

It can completely take out wireless control systems. I've noticed this recently a few times at a few different exhibitions with several different layouts. Thousands of people in a small area all with mobile phones acts a bit like EM warfare and wifi and other wireless controllers don't work. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I’d have to agree a bit with DJ crisp . There are a lot of areas on the nose that don’t match the reality quite as closely as I would like when you closely compare . 99 % of folk won’t be too bothered and if I needed another Dutch 37 I prob would overlook them too .

IMG_0559.png.5b7d26359a08c80e750c7fbf34776b84.pngIMG_0558.png.e726bec0caf316d22bbd13ee49bfaa53.png

Luckily I pointed it out, and also there's the two rivets missing as well. My stockist said it's due in a couple of weeks so, I'll see them.

Sadly looks like the over application of paint isn't an isolated incident in this case, a pity really as it spoils what is otherwise a good model of a class 37

NL

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, DPD has my class 37 and has apparently got it all the way to their depot in Vienna…

IMG_0763.jpeg.90bb9e0324ae2664b887705cb5e71a64.jpeg

Seems like it is taking the scenic route.  I wonder where it will turn up next?

If this is correct then it’s going to be a while before it gets to me.

Cheers

Darius

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Well, DPD has my class 37 and has apparently got it all the way to their depot in Vienna…

IMG_0763.jpeg.90bb9e0324ae2664b887705cb5e71a64.jpeg

Seems like it is taking the scenic route.  I wonder where it will turn up next?

If this is correct then it’s going to be a while before it gets to me.

Cheers

Darius

Vienna seems to have magnetic properties ! Our suitcases once went on holiday there when we were travelling to Tallinn… 😀

• Friendly/supportive 1

32 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Vienna seems to have magnetic properties ! Our suitcases once went on holiday there when we were travelling to Tallinn… 😀

If you zoom in, it's actually a DPD Central European hub.

I guess it's a default DPD address when a collection/delivery is initially booked until such time as DPD actually get the item and barcodes are updated.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Anyways were moving on from 37’s, not many for me in this second batch, heres hoping on some heavy metal in batch 3, inc the sacred DRS 37/7 and maybe an RfP 37707 and a WCRC 37516 ? Those would be nice… i’m sure many would like a Redstripe 37/5.. and British steel 37501 too.

A set of 37501 in BS blue and 37502 in Thornaby red stripe would be great as they normally travelled together as a pair. The former looked especially good when it gained rail blue solebars, but I can add them if need be. I remember them at Coalville open day, 1987, I think.

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Agree on the pair, but theres a railfreight 37/5 recently among us too.. cant be long before it shows up on a railtour. Its been hiding at HNRC for a few months… i’m sure hearts, wallets and the forum will flutter when it shows wider..

I prefer the Railfreight one to the Loram monstrosity behind it. I'm sure both will have takers though, should they be produced. I'm after original Railfreight 80s stylee. Modern screens and lights notwithstanding, the yellow never wrapped around into the cab door recesses back in the day. 

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

If you zoom in, it's actually a DPD Central European hub.

I guess it's a default DPD address when a collection/delivery is initially booked until such time as DPD actually get the item and barcodes are updated.

You may well be right..,

IMG_4247.jpeg.3c6719d48b8ad11f6fa342debdcd7497.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Gold

Every day’s a loco day. Having just received a newly-released Class 25 from a large manufacturer, the thickness of the yellow paint on the ends is similar to the new 37. I can live with it on both models, but compared to earlier models from AS and the other manufacturer it is noticeable. Speculation on my part but I wonder if the same paint is used by the factories and the formulation has changed. It’s perhaps something to bear in mind for future runs.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

Well. DPD delivered it in record time from Vienna 😀

IMG_4248.jpeg.7276c2be2635ebebda6a110007a29473.jpeg

IMG_4250.jpeg.bceec7e47f94fd539e23b846eae82b2f.jpeg

IMG_4251.jpeg.644f6e78839e1d539fd22185e4dc6e0b.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

That looks lovely! The only pre tops one I didnt go for …. Wibble wibble… 😀

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Agree on the pair, but theres a railfreight 37/5 recently among us too.. cant be long before it shows up on a railtour. Its been hiding at HNRC for a few months… i’m sure hearts, wallets and the forum will flutter when it shows wider..

508 is parked outside Derby RTC… or at least it was at 8am!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I managed to lose a windscreen wiper off mine whilst fitting the bufferbeam pipework, so a quick email to support and a photograph of the loco and the replacement arrived today. It has just been fitted without being dropped and disappearing into the carpet! A big thank you to Patrick and Simon for the speedy replacement and a big thumbs up for the customer service.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2024 at 14:24, Torper said:

I have just checked my account and am advised that my order (ACC-64754, placed at the end of August last year) is still in transit to your warehouse, doesn't appear to have arrived into stock, and has not therefore been processed or shipped.  Am now a bit concerned!

Amazing! On Tuesday my order was aspparently still in transit to the warehouse, this morning it was somewhere in Austria, and this evening it's here!  No need for any concern at all.  Unfortunately I won't be able to run it until tomorrow!

DT

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Well. DPD delivered it in record time from Vienna 😀

IMG_4248.jpeg.7276c2be2635ebebda6a110007a29473.jpeg

IMG_4250.jpeg.bceec7e47f94fd539e23b846eae82b2f.jpeg

IMG_4251.jpeg.644f6e78839e1d539fd22185e4dc6e0b.jpeg

Cheers

Darius

And those three photos show perfectly why we can’t trust the colours we see in them, same loco, three different greens!

She looks lovely, but wrong era for me. 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Another version of the green - under artificial (standard room) lighting. These locos are very nice - note the period correct grilles for the two large radiators (rather irritatingly) are accessories that’ll need gluing in place!! (Yes I know - modelling etc etc!!) - the loco was also reapplied to the rolling road after this (front rollers off!). D6992 is also really good (similar accessory grilles!!)

Sutton's green livery for comparison. No complaints with either. 

IMG_6607.jpeg.fdc4b80fb56bd3d7e5b571f5f9b8924d.jpeg

IMG_6606.jpeg.3822f8c3fa160a15015d424d73463c89.jpeg

• Like 3

Can any Class 37 expert tell me if any Class 37 like AS's representation of 37 140 (additional headlight and orange cantrail) start running on the network between 1982-1984? Or what year was the first one like this?

Many Thanks

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, carefreeroz said:

Can any Class 37 expert tell me if any Class 37 like AS's representation of 37 140 (additional headlight and orange cantrail) start running on the network between 1982-1984? Or what year was the first one like this?

Many Thanks

Think it was around 1989ish with the stripe and the black headcodes. It ran with the stripe but without the black headcodes from the mid eighties. There were still a few centre box 37s with bufferbeam skirts around in your time period, so you could always renumber the pre TOPS blue one.

Back on 37140, the orange stripe on 140 will probably come off with a little white spirit, but I don’t know if the black headcodes will as well if you want to model one with cutaway bufferbeams.

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

37716 isnt a DRS.. its a living legend.

😃

To quote The Rutles... 'a living legend that will live on long after all other living legends have died' 🙂

Edited by andyman7
  • Funny 3