Class 37, by Accurascale

Hi @Accurascale Fran @Accurascale

This is how my parcel from DPD and its contents were when I opened it just now.

Those sleeves aren’t doing much good in a large outer box of this shape and size without some additional bubble wrap or similar to fill the void.. 

Some “fragile” or “handle with care” tape  might also be a good idea?

IMG_0666.jpeg

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Rob,

If your query is the one from a retailer via instagram, then yes, we have it there and should be answering now!

If it isn't you, could you PM me your full name and email and I will look into it?

Cheers!

Fran 

That's the one, Fran. Standing by. 

Rob

• Accurascale staff
15 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

Hi @Accurascale Fran @Accurascale

This is how my parcel from DPD and its contents were when I opened it just now.

Those sleeves aren’t going much good in a large outer box of this shape and size without some additional bubble wrap or similar to fill the void.. 

Some “fragile” or “handle with care” tape  might also be a good idea?

IMG_0666.jpeg

Hi @norfolkchinaclay,

Well, that is embarrassing beyond belief. I am very sorry about this. A rocket is being sent to the warehouse. 

If there is any damage at all please contact support@accurascale.com and we will sort you out with repair or indeed replacement should it be required.

Apologies once again.

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

On 01/09/2024 at 01:56, SRman said:

The tracking isn't always accurate. Twice in the last year I have had parcels being tracked and reported in Melbourne, Florida, when they were, in fact, where they should be, in Melbourne, Australia. 😂

Anyone in Austria who could take my Class 37 in this afternoon?

Otherwise I'll need to get from the Cardiff area (S.Wales) to Vienna in the next couple of hours to receive my delivery.

Screenshot2024-09-02125831.png.b34019d7d53d99bcf36ad5ba2c2f4b74.png

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Rob,

If your query is the one from a retailer via instagram, then yes, we have it there and should be answering now!

If it isn't you, could you PM me your full name and email and I will look into it?

Cheers!

Fran 

All sorted. 

Thank you. 

Rob

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Anyone in Austria who could take my Class 37 in this afternoon?

Otherwise I'll need to get from the Cardiff area (S.Wales) to Vienna in the next couple of hours to receive my delivery.

Screenshot2024-09-02125831.png.b34019d7d53d99bcf36ad5ba2c2f4b74.png

“It means nothing to me…..” 

• Funny 7

• Accurascale staff
3 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Still irritating to get an email from Accurascale saying the The Class 37s Are Here! when they are sold out.

Everything seems to be a pre-order if it is something you want  :(

With no money down, and easy cancellation in the account area, preordering is both free and easy to ensure you get the model you want.

There is a (very) small amount of additional stock in these containers, and some usually crops up from unpaid preorders so you can add your email to the alert on the product page, or monitor socials / here / emails and you might nab one from stock in a week or so.

Hope that helps!

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Still irritating to get an email from Accurascale saying the The Class 37s Are Here! when they are sold out.

They have said that there will be some limited stock put up after they have sent out the customer and retailer orders, which normally comes from customer pre orders that are not finalised. so worth rechecking the website.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

Check out the part about surplus stock being made available after the preorders have gone out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

You’re a brave man if you don’t pre-order with Accurascales popularity for most locos they produce…. Learned my lesson early on…. If you want it, you have to pre order it…

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Mine arrived this morning by DPD so I came home to it waiting for me. Love the new packaging style and those box/tray things look like they'll come in really useful 👍🏻 

The loco looks fantastic, it's a real masterpiece. I can't wait to get it set up and run in, after reading the instructions first, of course. 

Edited by The Evil Bus Driver
  • Like 1

Good afternoon folks,

Well, despite my stating this morning that the exchange process was easy, I now have second thoughts.

After a flurry of email correspondence re-stating my defect, order number, etc with photo evidence I have now been asked if I could check the model packaging for the missing glazing so I can refit myself.

I have politely declined, since I had already re-sealed everything for the return/exchange.

I am not minded to start dis-assembling a brand new model to fit the errant glazing.

It's okay on my plastic aircraft kits, since they are just that and are a fraction of the price.

I have been really impressed by my other Accurascale models (Siphon/Manor/66), which have been perfect, but perhaps I need to consider just sticking to 1/72aircraft?

Disappointed of Derby.

I would think that if you say you're not happy trying to refit the glazing yourself then they will take the model back to repair for you.

I had to return one of my AS 37s from the previous batch and couldn't fault the service and repair.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good afternoon folks,

Well, despite my stating this morning that the exchange process was easy, I now have second thoughts.

After a flurry of email correspondence re-stating my defect, order number, etc with photo evidence I have now been asked if I could check the model packaging for the missing glazing so I can refit myself.

I have politely declined, since I had already re-sealed everything for the return/exchange.

I am not minded to start dis-assembling a brand new model to fit the errant glazing.

It's okay on my plastic aircraft kits, since they are just that and are a fraction of the price.

I have been really impressed by my other Accurascale models (Siphon/Manor/66), which have been perfect, but perhaps I need to consider just sticking to 1/72aircraft?

Disappointed of Derby.

I don't doubt that the Accurascale team will be happy to help, they've always been excellent in my past experience.

• Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
20 minutes ago, GMKAT7 said:

Good afternoon folks,

It's quite likely the glazing is in the packaging, having been dislodged by an assumed severe blow to the packaging :) Refitting would be a simple body off, pop in glazing, body on (just a few clips) and I'm sure the team were trying to minimise the time for you without the model, which now has to wing it's way to us, get sorted, and back to you again. As always if you need anything more at all, we're here to help 

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

Got my Colas 37116 today and just wanted to convey my absolute satisfaction to Accurascale for yet another glorious model.

Love the different sound file on this particular 37/0 and the non-matching buffers but it's the sheer overall weight and quality of this model that really puts it ahead of anything else on the market.

Also, just like to add that my model came in a appropriately sized cardboard box with Accura-ends thus spot on protection and thank you for taking on the previous feedback about the oversized boxes that were being used.

Cheers Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello McC,

Thanks for your response and my apologies for venting.

As I said up thread, all my other Accurascale models have been perfect out of the box.

I especially wanted a D6600 model, as a modern replacement for the long-lost Tri-Ang green Type 3 I had as a Xmas present many years ago. One of best ever :)

Here's hoping you can fix/replace the rogue one.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Edit: Return label now received and will be posted (Yodel) tonight.

Edited by GMKAT7
Added info.

2 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

You’re a brave man if you don’t pre-order with Accurascales popularity for most locos they produce…. Learned my lesson early on…. If you want it, you have to pre order it…

I did with the Class 92 and purchased a second from a local shop.

You just have to know well in advance that you want a particular loco

As someone's who's on the fence over getting a colas tractor, can someone help me by posting a photo of an Accurascale one next to a Bachmann model please? Just want to see roughly what their take on the shades are.

Ok here you go.

Accurascale to the right and Bachmann SFX to the left with the Cavalex 56 for additional comparison.

To me both the Bachmann 37 & Cavalex 56 match perfectly with the orange which appear to be slightly lighter than the Accurascale orange thus being the odd one out in this trio, even to the naked eye in my room this is the case thus the photos are quite accurate but to also add the shades of yellow on all three are a match.

To be honest I'm not sure which of these models have the most accurate shade of orange???

Let the debate begin!

Hope this helps.

20240902_165418[1].jpg

20240902_165346[1].jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I got my dispatch notification this morning, but unfortunately this is the current state of play for me (total knee replacement last Wednesday). Looks like it will be a few weeks before I get to test my dutch beastie out.

20240830_193657.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 12