Class 37, by Accurascale

Hope it’s only me?!

Received my HN 37 on Wednesday but only unboxed it this morning, sorry to say I’m somewhat disappointed as there were signs of condensation on the transparent sleeve, ok, no big deal!

So the transparent sleeve was removed and the lid of the box lifted off only to reveal no foam oblong to protect the model. The locomotive was in it’s clamshell within the foam frame, this was lifted out and the accessory pack found underneath sitting on top of two thin foam panels.

The most glaring disappointment was the lack of any printed material, no instructions, no booklet, no nothing!

Must admit haven’t even taken the loco out of the clamshell for fear of finding more problems.

Now I know things can slip through the net from time to time but there’s no evidence that this particular locomotive or packaging has been inspected before being dispatched.

Hopefully, Accurascale will make good as being an “exclusive” model it has somewhat lost it’s collector value.

if Fran’s reading this, please advise where I go from here?

Cheers Tim 

• Friendly/supportive 3

7 minutes ago, Penson Halt said:

Hope it’s only me?!

Received my HN 37 on Wednesday but only unboxed it this morning, sorry to say I’m somewhat disappointed as there were signs of condensation on the transparent sleeve, ok, no big deal!

So the transparent sleeve was removed and the lid of the box lifted off only to reveal no foam oblong to protect the model. The locomotive was in it’s clamshell within the foam frame, this was lifted out and the accessory pack found underneath sitting on top of two thin foam panels.

The most glaring disappointment was the lack of any printed material, no instructions, no booklet, no nothing!

Must admit haven’t even taken the loco out of the clamshell for fear of finding more problems.

Now I know things can slip through the net from time to time but there’s no evidence that this particular locomotive or packaging has been inspected before being dispatched.

Hopefully, Accurascale will make good as being an “exclusive” model it has somewhat lost it’s collector value.

Cheers Tim 

Try e-mailing them. They send an automated response, but a team member usually replies rather quickly after that, from my experience of contacting them. Also on the Accurscale website they have other options to contact them, but, I haven't used those. It sounds like the instructions bag is missing, as that is where the limited edition certificate should be.

Rob.

Edited by PieGuyRob
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Penson Halt said:

Hope it’s only me?!

Cheers Tim 

Just contact their support and they’ll sort you out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 19/07/2024 at 17:32, Penson Halt said:

Hope it’s only me?!

Cheers Tim 

Obviously a case for contacting support. Why waste time and post here first. I had to contact support from a few manufacturers over the years. It's the obvious thing to do.

Edited by BR Blue
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Just contact their support and they’ll sort you out.

Their support crew are fantastic, I received my Locomotion model D6700 which had had a rough trip to Australia, it had a couple of parts detached and a couple of parts missing. I managed to lose one them to the dreaded carpet,  monster, emailed Simon with proof of purchase and a couple of pictures. About a week later, took my usual trip to my PO Box and there was a little box with all the parts inside, including one that I had missed seeing!. All F.O.C. to Oz.

Very impressed.......Mike

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

Is it my imagination, but looking at these two photos the buffers on the lower 37 appear to be pointing down a bit? Could they have suffered from the delivery?

@brushman47544 and @spamcan61... wow, well spotted. Indeed that nearside buffer is split, and loose compared to others.

Edited by ptrickf

27 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

Obviously a case for contacting support. Why waste time and post here first. I had to contact support from a few manufacturers over the years. It's the bvious thing to do.

I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered a similar experience, hence to post!

On a positive note, everything I’ve ordered previously from Accurascale has arrived in mint condition so just a little surprised how this consignment arrived, I’m not angry or annoyed, just a bit disappointed!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I had the same issues with both class 66 i ordered. Huge box, no protection at the bottom. Looks like a few fingers need to be pulled out to avoid these shortcuts. Otherwise bar motor issues very happy.

• Informative/Useful 1

Just some feedback on packaging. Mine arrived in a large box, plenty of air pocket protection all around sides and top but the bottom of the loco box sat directly on the cardboard of the box. There was no damage and all is fine. 

Suggest a layer of the protection wrap is laid in the bottom of the outer box first to give all round protection. New Orange beast next to 37608 stablemate!

image.png.9b5914b2b55fdcfe939824c34ae31d50.png

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 19/07/2024 at 16:37, ptrickf said:

Could I just confirm with others that the orange fixing in the white circle is meant to be loose, mine's not attached to anything.

Cheers, Patrick

IMG_3895.jpg.85548ff27c255e66fdbbf49e5e42c2bb.jpg

Managed to answer my own question. The tank is removable and I managed to replace the loose bit by locating the two retaining holes it had dropped out of. Rather satisfying and allowed me to appreciate some of the finer details

IMG_3905.jpg

Edited by ptrickf
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

HN’s 405 and the HTG’s 714 being put through their paces on my test track – looking forward to a session fitting the detailed parts. Full marks to AS for implementing changes to the electronics (for example no more sound cutting out on start-up), and what appear to be a number of tweaks to the sound files and sound output. Once again the attention to detail is superb.

1000004056.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I have received and been testing my 37405. What a glorious engine, although it does rather make the eyes bleed if you look at it for too long! Have the HNRC 37s ever been used on Network Rail test trains? I was thinking of adding a push/pull mode so only the lights on one end work, but I won't bother if it doesn't work with NR trains. A quick squizz around on Flickr doesn't show it running with test trains. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, nightstar.train said:

I have received and been testing my 37405. What a glorious engine, although it does rather make the eyes bleed if you look at it for too long! Have the HNRC 37s ever been used on Network Rail test trains? I was thinking of adding a push/pull mode so only the lights on one end work, but I won't bother if it doesn't work with NR trains. A quick squizz around on Flickr doesn't show it running with test trains. 

In a test train consist here but dont know the full story as to why 

DSN_1171_148

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

Ive seen the Flying Glo-Stick on a NRTT in Sutton, south London last december.

• Funny 2

On 19/07/2024 at 18:52, Penson Halt said:

I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered a similar experience, hence to post!

On a positive note, everything I’ve ordered previously from Accurascale has arrived in mint condition so just a little surprised how this consignment arrived, I’m not angry or annoyed, just a bit disappointed!

It's a model railway forum where we share our experiences. So, good or bad, we can share everything, warts and all.

And in the words of Phineas Barnum, "any publicity is good publicity". 

How would Accurascale feel if no one was talking about them?

Edited by RBAGE
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

13 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

37405 has tended to be based at Shrewsbury so often works with the NR yellow 37s on engineers trains and also the Cambrian logs.

37405+97303 Chester

37607 does work on the NR infrastructure monitoring trains

37607 Werrington

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive seen the Flying Glo-Stick on a NRTT in Sutton, south London last december.

"Flying Glo-stick", I'm chuckling at that. Great nickname. 

Looks like I'll try and add push-pull mode then. I can use a bit of rule 1 as HNRC 37s have pushed and pulled NR trains. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

37901 is now sporting coat of Trainload Metals livery. Very nice it looks too, and it retains its original windscreens instead of the slightly odd-looking toughened screens.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 97406 said:

37901 is now sporting coat of Trainload Metals livery. Very nice it looks too, and it retains its original windscreens instead of the slightly odd-looking toughened screens.

I’m wondering with 37508 will it eventually come out to play in railfreight .

Edited by adb968008
Wrong number
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I’m wondering with 37506 will it eventually come out to play in railfreight redstripe.

That’d be nice. There’s 508 in almost original Railfreight too. Anyhow here’s a vid of 901

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, 97406 said:

That’d be nice. There’s 508 in almost original Railfreight too. Anyhow here’s a vid of 901

Nice livery … shame about the horns !!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 24/07/2024 at 19:45, Phil Bullock said:

Nice livery … shame about the horns !!

Well, at least you know when it’s coming!

• Agree 2

Well I preferred 714 as it is currently with the HTG at the GCR. So moved cantrail lower, modern OHLE flashes in correct places, smaller cabside numbers plus the 714 on the nose ends, moved position of blue stars, solebar labels, checkerplate kickplates, yellow axle boxes, red springs. Added the HTG headboard too!

Good to know, this is the loco where the soundfile came from too...

20240728_193422.jpg

20240728_193535.jpg

20240728_193455.jpg

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1