Class 37, by Accurascale

17 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Received my HNR class 37 today. Got home to open the box and very little packaging in it and the loco box had been rattling around inside. Only one metal tread plate had come off which has been refitted but no cardboard ends to secure the loco box like we have had before. Not a whinge but i do remember the chaps saying that these protective ends were to be reintroduced/refitted to this batch !

other than that Accurascale, what a fantastic locomotive. 

look forward to receiving THE HTG class 37 tomorrow. Hopefully a little better packaged. 

Yeah mine was the same and fortunately the loco completely perfect and intact, the box was way too big with loco sitting at the bottom with only protection above it but not to the sides or underneath.

Previously highlighted this in the Class 66 thread.

• Like 1

Received My Henry Needler Class 37 sound today ,the packing similar to the above, but did have packing both sides and top but not at the bottom of box. The Loco moves around the track very well also very good instructions for the set up of running in the model

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

My HNRC 37 arrived similarly packed to others, slight dent in the loco box which is a shame on an exclusive. Not yet had a chance to unpack the loco. 

Definitely need either smaller posting boxes or better packaging to stop the goods rattling around. 

Roy

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Not received any communication for my 37714 yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Is it too early to give Accurascale a bell or do I need to be a little more patient?

26 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

My HNRC 37 arrived similarly packed to others, slight dent in the loco box which is a shame on an exclusive. Not yet had a chance to unpack the loco. 

Definitely need either smaller posting boxes or better packaging to stop the goods rattling around. 

Roy

For a while we received 37's in an individual box perfectly fitted with the 'Accura-ends'. They were superb. I didnt have one issue. Has the packing been revised at all Fran et al ??

Edited by Krieghoff
Typo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

For a while we received 37's in an individual box perfectly fitted with the 'Accura-ends'. They were superb. I didnt have one issue. Has the packing been revised at all Fran et al ??

The other thing is that I tend to re-use loco boxes when I sell stuff on but with these massive boxes I'm literally throwing them out for recycling as they are simply too big with huge bubble packaging which is also useless to re-use as well and sure I'm not alone in this.

I agree, the packaging needs a review because I would presume there is a lot of wastage going on with customers not being able to re-use the packaging like myself and just throwing it out and could also impact the cost of a return to Accurascale when re-using a huge box if you hold onto it and yes takes up a lot of space.

Edited by classy52
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

The square sleeve on the ends of the 66 boxes was superb for protecting the loco box ends,if the big box you use is to be used it would be better with a layer in the base and ends of bubble rather than the box loose in the base.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully, there’ll be something like this in the next announcement (/5 or /7 will do).

Having the 37s refurbished and overhauled helped a little to fill the void left by the 40s and 25s going.

Class 37/5 no. 37501 @ Crewe Works, April 1986 [slide 8660]

Pic from Graeme Phillips’ Flickr page.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

If my main production run loco ends up with a damaged box through poor packaging then I will be asking for another one.

At one point an AS loco was coming in the best packaging going and now we are at the worst packing going. 
It needs sorting out asap. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andy7 said:

If my main production run loco ends up with a damaged box through poor packaging then I will be asking for another one.

At one point an AS loco was coming in the best packaging going and now we are at the worst packing going. 
It needs sorting out asap. 

Not sure we can fairly call it worst packaging, I have had a loco sent out just wrapped in brown paper before. 

Certainly agree that the manner of packaging needs to be looked at and if suitable protection is not a available, I would rather wait. 

Roy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IRC said:

Not received any communication for my 37714 yet. Anyone else in the same boat? Is it too early to give Accurascale a bell or do I need to be a little more patient?

I’ve not had anything either so I’m sure there are plenty of us in the same boat 👍🏻

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've weathered mine in late 80s stylee.

20240718_084818.jpg.a088965f296ecf4e13910f16c0022aa7.jpg

This was done with a wash of thinned frame dirt/black enamel first, followed by sprayed roof dirt at the top and brake dust down below but beware, the printed detail comes off at the slightest touch of thinners. Nothing that a transfer can't sort.

20240718_084830.jpg.aea60691bef14634edb6f0285a94f76e.jpg

I've kept the blingy kick plates as I quite like them, and the horizontal horn grilles at the number one end.

• Like 7

• Accurascale staff

Hi folks,

It appears we ran out of the end caps at the warehouse and we have more on back order. Apologies for that. They are due back in stock when the main batch arrive. 

In the meantime we have instructed the warehouse to use more suitable boxes and if anyone has any damaged in transit please drop us an email support@accurascale.com. Always there to help!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I don’t know why but my social media feed seems to be clogged with videos of containers falling off ships when at sea……. 

How does the algorithm know I’m waiting for a delivery?  

heres hoping that that doesn’t happen to the Class 37s still en route. 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Mine was packaged fine, with those air bag thingies that are satisfying to burst. I’d like the cardboard end packings as the can be used afterwards, ideally.

The next batch of lovely late 90's privatisation machines can't be far off being announced, since these run 2 models are landing? 😲

Edited by Chris56057
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

Mine was packaged fine, with those air bag thingies that are satisfying to burst. I’d like the cardboard end packings as the can be used afterwards, ideally.

The cats love them.

Bubble wrap is worth keeping for re-use if you're also selling stuff on ebay.

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, Chris56057 said:

The next batch of lovely late 90's privatisation machines can't be far off being announced, since these run 2 models are landing? 😲

Hi Chris,

Run 3 will be announced very soon... 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

Run 3 will be announced very soon... 

Cheers!

Fran 

How soon is "very soon" ?

One week? One Month? At an exhibition perhaps?

Just asking so I know when to approach my wallet, which is currently sobbing in the corner...

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1