Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

I have received an invoice to pay for my preordered Class 37 with a payment date of 30 December 2023. Is it correct that payment is due now and if so what is the correct date?

• Like 1

On 15/06/2024 at 09:11, B15nac said:

I've recently got a class 37 that wobbles when pulling away slight side to side when the drive is taken up. Is this normal for these? Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

I also had this problem (with 409) - replacement from AS (via retailer, also to address a QC failure on body shell) had problem to a lesser extent. I then sent it to AS for rectification. It is now much better. BUT still moves fractionally when light engine, and noticeably when under load, and 'tremmours' a bit on points/uneven track. I need to follow up with AS again I think

There either seems to be a design issue with the bogie securing mechanism, or an assembly/tolerance issue with some of the parts used. Its a real shame. Model looks lovely when its stationary or moving at a steady speed.

Pleased to hear its not just me. But prior to your post I was the only person to flag this on here I think

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, it would be good to do a model of 37198 as built condition as D6898 which is on display at the Museum in Darlington. Thanks Fred

New members for the 'RSH Built EE Type 3' fan club are always welcome - we're just waiting for A/S to join (pretty please(.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

On 20/06/2024 at 14:13, Pteremy said:

I have received an invoice to pay for my preordered Class 37 with a payment date of 30 December 2023. Is it correct that payment is due now and if so what is the correct date?

Same here, these to be paid now or once they are off the boat ready to dispatch?

On 23/06/2024 at 13:49, Fredo said:

Hi, it would be good to do a model of 37198 as built condition as D6898 which is on display at the Museum in Darlington. Thanks Fred

Would you also like the surrounding vegetation included in the accessory pack?  😉

D689837198-Darl-003-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.db6d58d6c6d6480e167b0ae4870acc0e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Funny 3

• Accurascale staff
12 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

Same here, these to be paid now or once they are off the boat ready to dispatch?

Hi @virginhst539,

They're on their way and due in the coming weeks, so you can pay any time between now and arrival if you wish. We like to give fair warning so you can arrange finances if needs be!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Would you also like the surrounding vegetation included in the accessory pack?  😉

A bit worrying to see two distinctly non-RSH original 'as delivered' features on that loco. (and I don't include in that what appear to be altered lamp brackets).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

That indicates to me your thoughts are not cast in stone and there's indecision in what route to take.  (and then, on the face of it, there's the bits that's missing but I can't get my headboard around that).

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

A bit worrying to see two distinctly non-RSH original 'as delivered' features on that loco. (and I don't include in that what appear to be altered lamp brackets).

Is there not three non original features?.........   No1 end lost one of the features some time ago.

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

I notice there's a chain over the buffer on the secondman's side to stop anybody from nicking it!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

A big chain hanging around the buffer, are they worried someones going to nick the 37 and take it for a joy ride ?

Edited by adb968008
Edit great minds think alike.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Were actually missing quite a lot here to be close to accurate…

1. Headboard clips

2. oval buffers

3. buffer cowling

4. bang plate

5. headcode panel

6. lamp bracket change

i wasnt sure about the single ohle flash but thats apparently correct.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

1. Headboard clips

2. oval buffers

3. buffer cowling

4. bang plate

5. headcode panel

6. lamp bracket change

Think it got replacement buffer cowlings, though it's surprising they didn't restore the headcode panels.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

1. Headboard clips

2. oval buffers

3. buffer cowling

4. bang plate

5. headcode panel

6. lamp bracket change

When new it wouldn't have had the bang plate, oval buffers or dual braked.  It did have headboard clips/lamp bracket, head code panel and a steam heat bag when new

• RMweb Gold

Just to help here's my photo of it taken when it was as near brand new as made little difference.   Now try to spot the other differences from its present condition but they are subtle although one of them was a very easy instant way to tell the RSH locos from the Vulcan build -

D6898copy2.jpg.edb2e519db4148fbf063810391548d14.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

That indicates to me your thoughts are not cast in stone and there's indecision in what route to take.  (and then, on the face of it, there's the bits that's missing but I can't get my headboard around that).

Don't blame it on the boogies.

D689837198-Darl-010-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.fceee993aba19634e6285a851192eef9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

On 25/06/2024 at 09:10, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @virginhst539,

They're on their way and due in the coming weeks, so you can pay any time between now and arrival if you wish. We like to give fair warning so you can arrange finances if needs be!

Cheers!

Fran

Great news. If you wouldn't mind telling us the name of the ship we could track it.🤣

• RMweb Gold

There’s a bit of a hold up if they’re coming via Felixstowe due to track damage following a derailment. Several Sheds are stuck there, of the full size variety!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1