Class 37, by Accurascale

That indicates to me your thoughts are not cast in stone and there's indecision in what route to take.  (and then, on the face of it, there's the bits that's missing but I can't get my headboard around that).

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

A bit worrying to see two distinctly non-RSH original 'as delivered' features on that loco. (and I don't include in that what appear to be altered lamp brackets).

Is there not three non original features?.........   No1 end lost one of the features some time ago.

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Would you also like the surrounding vegetation included in the accessory pack?  😉

D689837198-Darl-003-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.db6d58d6c6d6480e167b0ae4870acc0e.jpg

I notice there's a chain over the buffer on the secondman's side to stop anybody from nicking it!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Would you also like the surrounding vegetation included in the accessory pack?  😉

D689837198-Darl-003-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.db6d58d6c6d6480e167b0ae4870acc0e.jpg

A big chain hanging around the buffer, are they worried someones going to nick the 37 and take it for a joy ride ?

Edited by adb968008
Edit great minds think alike.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

A bit worrying to see two distinctly non-RSH original 'as delivered' features on that loco. (and I don't include in that what appear to be altered lamp brackets).

Were actually missing quite a lot here to be close to accurate…

1. Headboard clips

2. oval buffers

3. buffer cowling

4. bang plate

5. headcode panel

6. lamp bracket change

i wasnt sure about the single ohle flash but thats apparently correct.

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

1. Headboard clips

2. oval buffers

3. buffer cowling

4. bang plate

5. headcode panel

6. lamp bracket change

Think it got replacement buffer cowlings, though it's surprising they didn't restore the headcode panels.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

1. Headboard clips

2. oval buffers

3. buffer cowling

4. bang plate

5. headcode panel

6. lamp bracket change

When new it wouldn't have had the bang plate, oval buffers or dual braked.  It did have headboard clips/lamp bracket, head code panel and a steam heat bag when new

• RMweb Gold

Just to help here's my photo of it taken when it was as near brand new as made little difference.   Now try to spot the other differences from its present condition but they are subtle although one of them was a very easy instant way to tell the RSH locos from the Vulcan build -

D6898copy2.jpg.edb2e519db4148fbf063810391548d14.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

That indicates to me your thoughts are not cast in stone and there's indecision in what route to take.  (and then, on the face of it, there's the bits that's missing but I can't get my headboard around that).

Don't blame it on the boogies.

D689837198-Darl-010-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.fceee993aba19634e6285a851192eef9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

On 25/06/2024 at 09:10, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @virginhst539,

They're on their way and due in the coming weeks, so you can pay any time between now and arrival if you wish. We like to give fair warning so you can arrange finances if needs be!

Cheers!

Fran

Great news. If you wouldn't mind telling us the name of the ship we could track it.🤣

• RMweb Gold

There’s a bit of a hold up if they’re coming via Felixstowe due to track damage following a derailment. Several Sheds are stuck there, of the full size variety!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 26/06/2024 at 00:34, The Stationmaster said:

Just to help here's my photo of it taken when it was as near brand new as made little difference.   Now try to spot the other differences from its present condition but they are subtle although one of them was a very easy instant way to tell the RSH locos from the Vulcan build -

D6898copy2.jpg.edb2e519db4148fbf063810391548d14.jpg

Your photo has reminded me that it's almost twenty years since my brother and I finished off '198 at Leeming Bar by applying the tops numbers, data panels and depot stickers after its full repaint into banger blue!

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

Hi Accurascale,

I'm sure this has been brought up previously but can't remember the outcome but are you introducing a working fan for the Class 37 that's synched with the decoder sound file?

If yes, will this be introduced beyond the 2nd run which doesn't appear to have it and if that's a yes will there be provision to retro-fit to the existing 1st & 2nd run 37's providing the plug is present on the PCB?

Cheers

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Considering the location of the fan and the size of the chassis block I'd be surprised if a motorised fan could be done without major retooling of the chassis to fit the motor.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
20 hours ago, classy52 said:

Hi Accurascale,

I'm sure this has been brought up previously but can't remember the outcome but are you introducing a working fan for the Class 37 that's synched with the decoder sound file?

If yes, will this be introduced beyond the 2nd run which doesn't appear to have it and if that's a yes will there be provision to retro-fit to the existing 1st & 2nd run 37's providing the plug is present on the PCB?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes and yes.

I don't think it could be retrofitted to run 1 and 2 without major surgery, but I'm sure someone will have a go.

News on run 3 soon after run 2 arrives!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Steve,

Yes and yes.

I don't think it could be retrofitted to run 1 and 2 without major surgery, but I'm sure someone will have a go.

News on run 3 soon after run 2 arrives!

Cheers!

Fran 

This lot just seems to get better and better with each run. Well Done Fran et al 🙏🙏🙏🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Can the Accurascale guys give a better idea of when the 37s will be landed and start shipping? I only ask as I’m away for the next couple of weeks and don’t want to miss it, or miss an email from DHL to rearrange delivery and it end up stuck in parcel purgatory. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

Can the Accurascale guys give a better idea of when the 37s will be landed and start shipping? I only ask as I’m away for the next couple of weeks and don’t want to miss it, or miss an email from DHL to rearrange delivery and it end up stuck in parcel purgatory. 

If in doubt I've been able to message support in the past and they basically put it in purgatory at their end. It was then shipped when I confirmed I was able to receive shipments again.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
15 minutes ago, E100 said:

If in doubt I've been able to message support in the past and they basically put it in purgatory at their end. It was then shipped when I confirmed I was able to receive shipments again.

Exactly this. Drop us a line and we can simply hold the parcel. 

• Like 1