Class 37, by Accurascale

I've recently got a class 37 that wobbles when pulling away slight side to side when the drive is taken up. Is this normal for these? Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

Really appreciate you putting these up 👍🏻 714 preordered. Really hope accurascale do 716?

No problem,it gained the guys another sale and not everyone would be able to go im sure, the longest Ringtons tea delivery in history........

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

No problem,it gained the guys another sale and not everyone would be able to go im sure, the longest Ringtons tea delivery in history........

Appreciated from me to, given the plethora of announcements this week I was thinking to head up there. Unfortunately my little one is preparing for a top secret event of her own which shes been rehearsing for since last September and eats my weekend time considerably !

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Appreciated from me to, given the plethora of announcements this week I was thinking to head up there. Unfortunately my little one is preparing for a top secret event of her own which shes been rehearsing for since last September and eats my weekend time considerably !

Its the little ones that make life so you enjoy what matters most, just had this conversation with @Accurascale Fran

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

On 15/06/2024 at 09:11, B15nac said:

I've recently got a class 37 that wobbles when pulling away slight side to side when the drive is taken up. Is this normal for these? Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Are the bogie surrounds mounted properly - this would be the most obvious cause?  Perhaps the bearings are not properly located in the bogies?

If not ...

I'm guessing perhaps a dogbone / driveshaft is not fully in the drive cup slot, but hasn't separated either - this could give 'the wobble?

Al.

16 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

does any one know the latest on 97301,  

also do you think it will run again under network rail or if it to be sold for scrap if no other railway wants it??

component recovery then disposal, that might change because everything on the railway changes every few mins! 

405 looking very very nice. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

405??

do you think 301 will run under network rail again??

Only personal opinion but I doubt very much that 97301 will ever work again.  Of the four 97/3s specifically for the Cambrian ERTMS system, it was the non standard one with "the other" kit.  Add to that that it wasn't particularly a healthy loco anyway.  I believe it had it's power unit robbed to keep another 97/3 in traffic and was then sent of for storage on a preserved site.  Network Rail technically had 37198 as a potential fifth 97/3, but never took it up.  So these facts suggest to be that it is for a one way trip to the knackers yard.  Meanwhile Harry is collecting EE type 3s for posterity.- including 37405   

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Only personal opinion but I doubt very much that 97301 will ever work again.  Of the four 97/3s specifically for the Cambrian ERTMS system, it was the non standard one with "the other" kit.  Add to that that it was particularly a healthy loco anyway.  I believe it had it's power unit robbed to keep another 97/3 in traffic and was then sent of for storage on a preserved site.  Network Rail technically had 37198 as a potential fifth 97/3, but never took it up.  So these facts suggest to be that it is for a one way trip to the knackers yard.  Meanwhile Harry is collecting EE type 3s for posterity.- including 37405   

thank you very much for the info above,  that is very helpful to my decision making,  thank you again

On 04/06/2024 at 19:02, nightstar.train said:

They have done a LOT of DRS models. Doing more would be a risk, the market might well be saturated. 

My list of wishes:

• Police, preferably with blue flashing light

That last one made me laugh!

I think though that when you have such a weird thing in a model, despite all the sales naysayers, it sometimes proves quite successful!

Bring it on Accurascale - and make the DCC Sound version use the same 2-tone horns of the era used on the TV advert... perhaps with a modern version available on a higher number function key and modern image yellow flash overhead transfers to make it more... um... realistic...

Like the Infrastructure 31, one I would most likely purchase it!

OK, I'll get my coat now...

Ixion.

12 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Bring it on Accurascale - and make the DCC Sound version use the same 2-tone horns of the era used on the TV advert...

What was that TV advert advertising.........

"See your dealer about an InterCity 125"  😉

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Saw this on Facebook:

With Run two of our award-winning Class 37s on the high seas....

https://www.facebook.com/AccurascaleUK/posts/pfbid02RSADr3L76f3sZePvr6GQQoaTLbp1s2N2j1B1VvQur2d5QsdMfBaoPctWT6K3iQxTl

So they're on the way. Yay! Listed as ETA July on Accurascale's website. Of course that means they'll arrive and be shipped whilst I'm away in mid July, Sod's Law.

Edited by nightstar.train
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have received an invoice to pay for my preordered Class 37 with a payment date of 30 December 2023. Is it correct that payment is due now and if so what is the correct date?

• Like 1

On 15/06/2024 at 09:11, B15nac said:

I also had this problem (with 409) - replacement from AS (via retailer, also to address a QC failure on body shell) had problem to a lesser extent. I then sent it to AS for rectification. It is now much better. BUT still moves fractionally when light engine, and noticeably when under load, and 'tremmours' a bit on points/uneven track. I need to follow up with AS again I think

There either seems to be a design issue with the bogie securing mechanism, or an assembly/tolerance issue with some of the parts used. Its a real shame. Model looks lovely when its stationary or moving at a steady speed.

Pleased to hear its not just me. But prior to your post I was the only person to flag this on here I think

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Fredo said:

Hi, it would be good to do a model of 37198 as built condition as D6898 which is on display at the Museum in Darlington. Thanks Fred

New members for the 'RSH Built EE Type 3' fan club are always welcome - we're just waiting for A/S to join (pretty please(.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

On 20/06/2024 at 14:13, Pteremy said:

I have received an invoice to pay for my preordered Class 37 with a payment date of 30 December 2023. Is it correct that payment is due now and if so what is the correct date?

Same here, these to be paid now or once they are off the boat ready to dispatch?

On 23/06/2024 at 13:49, Fredo said:

Hi, it would be good to do a model of 37198 as built condition as D6898 which is on display at the Museum in Darlington. Thanks Fred

Would you also like the surrounding vegetation included in the accessory pack?  😉

D689837198-Darl-003-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.db6d58d6c6d6480e167b0ae4870acc0e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Funny 3

• Accurascale staff
12 hours ago, virginhst539 said:

Same here, these to be paid now or once they are off the boat ready to dispatch?

Hi @virginhst539,

They're on their way and due in the coming weeks, so you can pay any time between now and arrival if you wish. We like to give fair warning so you can arrange finances if needs be!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Would you also like the surrounding vegetation included in the accessory pack?  😉

D689837198-Darl-003-PwD-2024-EditSm.jpg.db6d58d6c6d6480e167b0ae4870acc0e.jpg

A bit worrying to see two distinctly non-RSH original 'as delivered' features on that loco. (and I don't include in that what appear to be altered lamp brackets).

• Like 1
  • Agree 2