Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
Just now, woodenhead said:

Maybe they will do the variant that's currently in grey undercoat inside the Barrow Roundhouse.

Which one’s that?

• RMweb Gold
Just now, woodenhead said:

The baby Deltic 🤣

That’s a 37 that’s been driven into a wall with a fairly heavy load, but not as fast as the Class 28!

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, McC said:

Actually we've made a large investment in additional tooling for Run 3, which will be announced a little while away (once the Run2 is on the way)

Sorry, for avoidance of doubt the point I was trying to make was that you actually have already said that things like the OG 37/4's and 37/7's amongst many others have all been allowed for within the overall tooling package (i.e. you've allowed for basically everything at project inception and many of those tooling investments are yet to break cover) and I assume that doing 37409 in it's current state would go above and beyond that initial planned tooling.

That's obviously no comment on the viability of making such a tooling provision now and slotting it into an earlier run to capitalise on the potential popularity.

• Like 1

A potential significant addition could be the Robert Stephenson Hawthorn built version with their subtle variations such as cantrail grilles, and also the headlight fitted WR examples - all from the BR 1960s/70s era. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

Posted (edited)

Well my wish list would be, 37716 (DRS fade) a decent DRS 37/4 in compass livery (405,419,425) Either blue or green ROG, 80s 37/4s and Scotrail 37409. 

Oh yes and both variants of 37/9 (Ruston and Mirrlees)

Anyone agree with these?...

Edited by Melton Works
Didnt complete post before submitting
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 45125 said:

RSH one from the 6769 to 6795 batch would be most welcome.

Totally agree.

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

A potential significant addition could be the Robert Stephenson Hawthorn built version with their subtle variations such as cantrail grilles, and also the headlight fitted WR examples - all from the BR 1960s/70s era. 

i think the Tafia … led by @The Stationmaster…. Will be battering the doors of Accurascale Towers down if they are not included!!!! 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

14 hours ago, Melton Works said:

Well my wish list would be, 37716 (DRS fade) a decent DRS 37/4 in compass livery (405,419,425) Either blue or green ROG, 80s 37/4s and Scotrail 37409. 

Oh yes and both variants of 37/9 (Ruston and Mirrlees)

Anyone agree with these?...

I have a Ruston but I’d like a Mirrlees.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, 97406 said:

RSH cantrail grilles have already been tooled and 37606 has them. 

37 602 also.

20231112_201822.jpg.a6659cc5e60d3ea7787cd1ecbe05d46f.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 97406 said:

RSH cantrail grilles have already been tooled and 37606 has them. 

Yes but there are other differences on the RSH built locos which have yet to appear and do require changes to 'tooling' in its wider sense (e.g the original yellow warning panel style which would require a different tampo (or whatever) print from the Vulcan Foundry built locos.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 22/05/2024 at 18:24, MidlandRed said:

As a matter of interest, would the 37/9 roofs be located within the magnetic lift off section ?  In other words, could a new 37/9 roof panel (two different sorts Mirrlees and Ruston) fit in the lift off roof space of the existing refurb bodyshell ?     

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 22/05/2024 at 11:53, G-BOAF said:

The tooling variation being LED tail lights plus no MW socket? Both ends are identical. Plus reinstated body side window?

I can imagine that more of the mainline class will be so equipped (led) or more expensive drs machines will be de-socketed so maybe worth tooling up

The LED tail lights are present on the DRS ones. It’s the side window and removed multi socket that aren’t. The forthcoming 37422 almost gets you there as it has the side windows but still requires front end mods. 

18 minutes ago, Covkid said:

As a matter of interest, would the 37/9 roofs be located within the magnetic lift off section ?  In other words, could a new 37/9 roof panel (two different sorts Mirrlees and Ruston) fit in the lift off roof space of the existing refurb bodyshell ?     

I think the roof mods are contained within the removable section. Happy to be corrected though. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 22/05/2024 at 17:43, McC said:

Actually we've made a large investment in additional tooling for Run 3, which will be announced a little while away (once the Run2 is on the way)

Maybe the ex split head code DRS 37/0s with wipac light units then, like 038, 069 in Compass fade livery 🤞

And more ROG/Europhoenix ones please like 510, 601 and 901.

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Text
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1