Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Has I understand it and correct me if I’m wrong, the AI systems gets better doing the job…. A bit like a parrot. Uhm so the big question is, can it be taught to swear? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, farren said:

Has I understand it and correct me if I’m wrong, the AI systems gets better doing the job…. A bit like a parrot. Uhm so the big question is, can it be taught to swear? 

Definitely, if I have anything to do with it!  😁

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

5 hours ago, farren said:

My parrot can! - She'd make a marine blush!

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, GRUNFOS said:

How did you get hold of a KR class 40??????????????????????????????????????????

I went to the moon and back….!

• Funny 5

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Maybe the thread needs a cold start in a shed….

37403 would make a nice model too, just saying.

And I raise you....

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I noticed on the Accurascale website last night that the run 2 class 37s are now labelled as “stock incoming”. Is this true @Accurascale? Will I soon get my greasy mitts on some more lovely tractors? Considering I’ve ordered both the Colas and HNRC I think I’d better order some sunglasses, or  a welders helmet. 

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

I noticed on the Accurascale website last night that the run 2 class 37s are now labelled as “stock incoming”. Is this true @Accurascale? Will I soon get my greasy mitts on some more lovely tractors? Considering I’ve ordered both the Colas and HNRC I think I’d better order some sunglasses, or  a welders helmet. 

Transit times allowing, but they are not much longer away....

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Melton Works said:

Does that include the HTG 37714?

Its part of the inbound batch. 

• Thanks 3

I saw mid July on the website so I'm guessing they're on the ship or about to be loaded on. Then 8 to 10 weeks transit time, maybe allow a couple extra for the trip around the Cape of Good Hope to allow the ship to avoid the Houthis on the Red Sea coast. Then up the west coast of Africa, up through the Southern and Northern Atlantic and in to (I'm guessing) Southampton, Bristol or Liverpool. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

I saw mid July on the website so I'm guessing they're on the ship or about to be loaded on. Then 8 to 10 weeks transit time, maybe allow a couple extra for the trip around the Cape of Good Hope to allow the ship to avoid the Houthis on the Red Sea coast. Then up the west coast of Africa, up through the Southern and Northern Atlantic and in to (I'm guessing) Southampton, Bristol or Liverpool. 

Pointless speculating where they are unless you know that they are onboard ship and the name of the ship.  Accurascale don't publish that information and in view of the froth it tended to develop when others did that might not be a. bad idea.  And. the booked arrival date of the ship at UK port doesn't help much either due to what has to happen after the container is landed.   Apart from that we don't know which UK port their traffic comes through - out of the five most likely candidates with road or rail links to the area where their 'fulfilment' operator is based - so guesstimating average throughput times for all of  those ports isn't much use either.

Accurascale give us a rough estimate of expected 'arrival date' but I get the impression that the date they give is based as much on exceeding as meeting our expectations.  That's a good business practice (although things can go wrong).  Simple answer to all of this is that they will be here once they have arrived, whenever that is.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Pointless speculating where they are unless you know that they are onboard ship and the name of the ship.  Accurascale don't publish that information and in view of the froth it tended to develop when others did that might not be a. bad idea.  And. the booked arrival date of the ship at UK port doesn't help much either due to what has to happen after the container is landed.   Apart from that we don't know which UK port their traffic comes through - out of the five most likely candidates with road or rail links to the area where their 'fulfilment' operator is based - so guesstimating average throughput times for all of  those ports isn't much use either.

Accurascale give us a rough estimate of expected 'arrival date' but I get the impression that the date they give is based as much on exceeding as meeting our expectations.  That's a good business practice (although things can go wrong).  Simple answer to all of this is that they will be here once they have arrived, whenever that is.

Absolutely.  I was really just thinking aloud (with my fingers)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

As The stationmaster said no use speculating, but as a general rule a large container ship coming to Europe is likely to dock in Southampton or Felixstowe and potentially after a call on the other side of the Channel such as in Antwerp or Rotterdam. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Evil Bus Driver said:

The Maersk container ship I worked on that did a run from China to Europe, berthed at Felixstowe. I suppose it depends on who owns the ship...

In response to Brushman, the ship I was on called at Le Havre, Antwerp, Bremerhaven, Rotterdam and Felixstowe, not necessarily in that order. We took fuel on at Bremerhaven. 

Edited by PieGuyRob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Shipping is now a guessing game, containers are being transshipped in a number of European ports as the major shippers require their vessels back onto a return schedule asap, the days of anticipating a route of a vessel have long gone. What used to be 40/45 days from India etc are anywhere from 70 to 80+ days, we have just rebooked containers for the 9th time from one vessels as the dates have moved so many times, so I would say let the guys tell you when they have cleared customs which will give a far clearer date of arrival at their warehouse and even if they disclosed the vessel they were on it isn’t necessarily the vessel they will arrive in the UK on, TBH it’s a nightmare at the moment  

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Hadn’t noticed the second rate lifestyle, Guru mantra on its side, Innovate Build Operate Maintain. That’s just the icing on an already terrible livery. The poor thing what has it done to deserve this.
Was the design found in a waste paper bin from an office that had been lock when the designer finally give up and jump out the window in 1982 by chance. 

I’ve been studying the livery, now dose anyone remember the Eddie Izzard five finger circle of fashion where it can get so bad it comes back to the star. Cool, Cool, Hip and trendy looking like d&^%head. I’m starting to think is this surfing the back end where it is so bad it starts to become brilliant? Or is it just me! 

Edited by farren
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/05/2024 at 10:42, farren said:

Yes.

_132375087_1b2c154e-658f-4cc1-a7ac-49fb4

https://www.theregister.com/2024/01/23/dpd_chatbot_goes_rogue/

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-68025677

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

To be fair, that Loram livery doesn’t look too bad if you cover up the white parts and the slogans with your hand leaving just  the red cab end and a short section of bodyside visible. 🤪

It’s a shame it lost Large Logo livery for this, isn’t it. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 2