Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Post 6414 wonder who will get the first class 37 post 🤫🤣

1,224 pages to go at this rate . . .

I haven’t worked out how big a glass you’d need for the froth . . .

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @derekdoestrains,

ROG and one of the DRS machines did not get released by customs with the others, but are due to land at the warehouse on Tuesday. 

In the meantime the rest are being shipped out. We should be finished getting them out by the end of the current week.

Cheers!

Fran

Ideal!

hopefully manage a yellow beast (do you supply sunglasses?) in the extra stock, if there is any!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Has anyone heard from Mick? He may be transfixed sunbathing in the YELLOW of that box! 😍

No need to worry. The DL team are all suitably acclimatised to the colour.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

13 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

What about the DHL team if the packing tape breaks, hard to drive in a welding mask,just call him Darth.....

So how do the DHL drivers cope with the bright yellow bonnets glaring back at them as they drive? They probably already have the welding masks on board.  😉🤣

SikuSI1085DHLVan.jpg.2a1ae734fb35a35a1abfc03713607060.jpg

(Siku model image from Siku's own website)

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, SRman said:

So how do the DHL drivers cope with the bright yellow bonnets glaring back at them as they drive? They probably already have the welding masks on board.  😉🤣

SikuSI1085DHLVan.jpg.2a1ae734fb35a35a1abfc03713607060.jpg

(Siku model image from Siku's own website)

Here they use covert white ones and if it is yellow it would need a wash and polish to create a shine,in northern England we go from blue to white with sun burn

• Funny 2

• Accurascale staff

Hi everyone,

We have been asked a lot for the speaker clips for our Class 37s for those wishing to upgrade their loco from DC/DCC ready to sound. Well, I'm delighted to report that they are here and in stock!

IMG_3619.jpeg.acae35f8d8a67cb88702af36aa0d4937.jpeg

Order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/accurathrash-class-37-speaker-retaining-clips-pack-of-2

We have Deltic clips on order too and they are due next month.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6

On 03/09/2023 at 10:21, StuAllen said:

It’s not subtle, not going to lose the box on the shelf! 

IMG_4455.jpeg

IMG_4456.jpeg

IMG_4457.jpeg

Looks fantastic! Just a shame it's already lost one of the steel kick plates from under the door  - hopefully its in the box and can be stuck back on!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have been asked a lot for the speaker clips for our Class 37s for those wishing to upgrade their loco from DC/DCC ready to sound. Well, I'm delighted to report that they are here and in stock!

Order here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/accurathrash-class-37-speaker-retaining-clips-pack-of-2

Cheers!

Fran 

So that's the speaker, the decoder and the speaker clips bought. Now just have to wait for the loco...........

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, adamvb said:

Looks fantastic! Just a shame it's already lost one of the steel kick plates from under the door  - hopefully its in the box and can be stuck back on!

Well spotted it wasn’t, but I had a very good email conversation with Simon on the Accurascale support line this morning and they are sending a spare out once they arrive in stock. Took about 5 minutes with them - really good customer support 

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran

Just about to order, then checked here and see there are different designs of clips. I assumed all of the large Accurathrash speakers are the same, but the fit onto the board must be different in each model. I have a Class 92 DCC ready on the way to me. I have the sound decoder already. Will I need clips and a speaker for that model as well? Just checked decoder fitting instructions on your web site and it looks as though a speaker is already installed on DCC ready?

Also, can I assume the clips will come with the fixing screws?

Cheers

Edited by zr2498
Info about 92 speaker added (in bold)

• Accurascale staff
24 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Fran

Just about to order, then checked here and see there are different designs of clips. I assumed all of the large Accurathrash speakers are the same, but the fit onto the board must be different in each model. I have a Class 92 DCC ready on the way to me. I have the sound decoder already. Will I need clips and a speaker for that model as well? Just checked decoder fitting instructions on your web site and it looks as though a speaker is already installed on DCC ready?

Also, can I assume the clips will come with the fixing screws?

Cheers

Hi there,

Actually, the big speaker is already in the Class 92s so all you need is the sound decoder to plug in.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/09/2023 at 13:12, SRman said:

And now a minor disaster: 37 026 and 37 423 were both happily circulating on the same track, when another item derailed and shorted the track out momentarily. 37 423 was unscathed, but 37 026 lost its sound even though it wasn't involved in the derailment or short, itself. Lights all work, locomotive moves, but activating the sound gives a click from the speakers and that's it.

I have tried resetting the decoder (which now seems to be locked), to no avail, and tried reloading the sound project completely, but so far nothing has improved.

I have a couple of other things to try before I write of the decoder and try to get it replaced or repaired under warranty (I believe ESU's warranty is quite good in these matters).

Good luck, I wouldn't hold too much hope though. I had the same happen with 37423 - you could here the sound try to start and then nothing. I reblew with a sound file that A/S supplied to try and sort it with but it didn't fix it. I then tried with another sound project and I could clearly hear the start of the sound for maybe 1/2 a second then nothing. The chip ended up going back by itself. I suspect a batch of slightly dodgy decoders where some of the components aren't quite up to spec.

16 hours ago, LMSfan72 said:

Good luck, I wouldn't hold too much hope though. I had the same happen with 37423 - you could here the sound try to start and then nothing. I reblew with a sound file that A/S supplied to try and sort it with but it didn't fix it. I then tried with another sound project and I could clearly hear the start of the sound for maybe 1/2 a second then nothing. The chip ended up going back by itself. I suspect a batch of slightly dodgy decoders where some of the components aren't quite up to spec.

There were reports of such problems with a batch of ESU decoders (not just the LokSounds, either). Whichever way, it was a fault on my layout that caused it rather than an outright decoder fault. If it had a weak component or two, that would have contributed. The decoder came from Buckambool Model Trains in New South Wales, and Jarryd there is usually very helpful: I have emailed him with the details (only last Sunday evening) but haven't heard back yet.

Edit - Tuesday 12 hours after I posted this: Jarryd got back to me earlier and said send it back and he'll replace it. As we surmised, it may well have come from the faulty batches.

Edited by SRman
Update
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, LMSfan72 said:

I had a 37051 with the same sound problems sent the decoder back for a replacement.