Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

It's also good to remember that the delays with the product also mean delays with the business's revenue. It's a massive outlay to have to wait this long to recoup your investment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 11

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

As you know Roy , I have form on this subject .

However , one thing A/S never fail to do is dissapoint , rather like Heljan but for different reasons .

( No one is going to argue with that last bit are they ? 😆 )

I'm going for the Bachmann version as its here ! 

Yes , it is more expensive,  yes , the sound quality is inferior but I can sort that out .

In my line of work , rightly or wrongly , people will go elsewhere at the drop of a hat if they don't get what they want be it fixing a dripping tap or a full central heating system. 

No use telling them it'll be worth the wait .

No use trying to lecture them about the terrible things happening in the world .

No one gives a poop I'm afraid .

Its not right but thats how it is .

Albie

I'll tell you one thing Albie - when you've been waiting decades for a really top notch WR 'as delivered' version of an EE Type 3 another year or so isn't going to make much difference 👀. Don't fiorget the first one that some of us got our hands on didn't even have the right bogies.

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I'll tell you one thing Albie - when you've been waiting decades for a really top notch WR 'as delivered' version of an EE Type 3 another year or so isn't going to make much difference 👀. Don't fiorget the first one that some of us got our hands on didn't even have the right bogies.

Personally Mike , I'm not so sure about that. 

Seems like an eternity to me .

A  WR , centre headcode blue /green loco is still some way off .

Bachmann have seen that gaping hole in the market and are about to deliver the goods .

We all know about the price advantages and undoubted quality of the A/S version not to mention the superb sound qualities. 

I'll no doubt have one in my fleet one day but for now , I'm going to buy what's currently available which is still a great model in its own right .

No tantrums here 👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

It's also good to remember that the delays with the product also mean delays with the business's revenue. It's a massive outlay to have to wait this long to recoup your investment.

Or to put it another way, the longer it takes, the more it will have to cost if the company is to stay in business producing more new models.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

But seriously folks , I'm not on some Accurascale bashing rampage , but I am allowed to express displeasure mixed in with a spot of very dry humour  on this and indeed any other thread as is everyone else. 

I don't see anyone else holding back , particularly with the other mainstream manufacturers. 

I've still got pre orders on the '31 and I have the Deltic so no hidden  agenda on my part .

But if I've got something to say , I'll say it , within the normal boundaries of decency of course 

And , as has already been established,  you will tell me if you don't agree .

Well if you give it , you should expect to take it should you not ? 

Albie 

This isn’t intended to be an insult, rather feedback on how you may be perceived. I’m sad to say that you come across as entirely devoid of humour. I’m a northerner, the only humour I do is dry, but sadly your posts just come across as impatient and angry.  A bit of levity would work wonders.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good lord,all this over a model loco,why??? if you cancel it fine,and the comparing it to your line of work?? if Accurascale did central heating systems i doubt you would have work,at your age there must have been times you have not got things and its beyond your control. Theres one Accurascale,and by your own addmission they are as good as it gets for a 37,cancel,miss out,you loose out,but non of this has humour,just a rude rant as your not getting what you want.Why would you think Accurascale deserve that,or anyone here would care.Give over.

• Like 7
  • Agree 9

@Albie the plumber you really need to get a grip and give yourself a good shake.  

Don't blame your impatience on your Italian decent, it's just your plain nature, that is nothing more than an insult to those with Italian blood, myself included.  And your comment about being in your 'white van' on the streets just says that you come across as a very unpleasant person.  If you came to my house to fix a plumbing issue with your attitude, you'd be out on the street on your @rse in a second.

Go have your rant at the crash scene in India, or the drone attack sites in Ukraine, and tell them you cant help it because you are of Italian descent.  I'm sure they'll have lots of sympathy for you, after all, your problems are much worse than theirs.

These are toy trains, not important to anyone apart from AS who have invested vast sums in this model. 

Grow up

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

@Type 2 Woah there, I don't think @Albie the plumber has come across as any sort of awful person to deserve your comment and why drag the train crash or Ukraine into it, he certainly hasn't as far as I am aware.

I'm Italian heritage too and I saw nothing to be insulted by, all he's done is given some opinions.

He comes across as a complete berk with zero sense of proportion

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Type 2 said:

He comes across as a complete berk with zero sense of proportion

And you're being rather insulting by resorting to name calling.

IIRC all he said initially was he was disappointed that BR Blue 37s (the sort I happen to like too) are some ways away in the release list.

Edited by woodenhead
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m of Mancunian and Liverpudlian descent and I’m happy to wait for my 37s a little longer and wait longer still for the Class 40s that really ought to follow on….! 😍

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Time to refocus minds….

Its lovely weather in Cornwall and found some lesser spotted diesels in a long lost BR Diesel enclave.

start on the left, and drool your way to the right..

67CD97D2-0648-4BA6-BEB7-3DBBE58BF1CD.jpeg

37142, 50042, 47306 and 08359

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I’m of Mancunian and Liverpudlian descent and I’m happy to wait for my 37s a little longer and wait longer still for the Class 40s that really ought to follow on….! 😍

Careful or they will do the 40s last of all....🤣

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Time to refocus minds….

Its lovely weather in Cornwall and found some lesser spotted diesels…

start on the left, and drool your way to the right..

67CD97D2-0648-4BA6-BEB7-3DBBE58BF1CD.jpeg

That little fella on the end, I reckon Accurscale could do a nice one of those too....

• Like 2
  • Agree 7

If I was one of the accurascale folk , I'd look at this thread and say -

" Tis too much trouble , stepping back from interaction .."

Delays are frustrating , but I don't think it's due to the manufacturers - rather a unique set of problems that began about covid time .

On the flip side , I'm  irritated by any of the " your problems ain't as big as the worlds " posse  - 1st world problems etc etc . 

Everyone has their own raft of frustrations and dreams - petty or not to the next person it may seem at times 

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

But seriously folks , I'm not on some Accurascale bashing rampage , but I am allowed to express displeasure mixed in with a spot of very dry humour  on this and indeed any other thread as is everyone else. 

I don't see anyone else holding back , particularly with the other mainstream manufacturers. 

I've still got pre orders on the '31 and I have the Deltic so no hidden  agenda on my part .

But if I've got something to say , I'll say it , within the normal boundaries of decency of course 

And , as has already been established,  you will tell me if you don't agree .

Well if you give it , you should expect to take it should you not ? 

Albie 

To be fair to Albie I sometimes don't think Accurascale help themselves as while their timescales and we all understand this are given in good faith just recently there has been some slippage. That is to say we are told there will be an update on something this week but slips into next or that the next batch of 37's are due Friday but its the following Friday etc.

Maybe they should be a little more vague with the timescales and we can all cut them some slack too. The models will be here when they get here unless you can get out and give the boat a push!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

All this incessant moaning is a bore. 

Some on here act as if accura are alone in having delays or as if they deliberately delay models to annoy us. 

Personally after theyve read the past 2 pages of petulent twaddle i wouldnt blame them if they did!

Now can we please get back to name calling, i was enjoying that bit, Big Nose!

• Like 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, black and decker boy said:

New video released by AS

If we could perhaps get back to studying the subject matter…

Phwoar!

Edited by 97406
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1