Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

I really like the idea of the etched plates being in the bag to give flexibility for both the named and unnamed guises. The way they have been done on the deltic with the printed ones very slightly smaller is also very useful too.

A possible thought - might be too late for this one unless already thought of (and therefore more for future examples) would be for a scale 1:76.2 paper side view profile to be included or printable off the support pages to scale off to help get them in the right place. Granted this is obviously subject to knowing exactly where the 1:1 ones were which isn't always obvious. That being said it could also be easily argued that anyone wanting to fit them would be more towards the more experienced modeler anyway and is happy to do their own research so they aren't required.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• Accurascale staff
11 minutes ago, E100 said:

I really like the idea of the etched plates being in the bag to give flexibility for both the named and unnamed guises. The way they have been done on the deltic with the printed ones very slightly smaller is also very useful too.

A possible thought - might be too late for this one unless already thought of (and therefore more for future examples) would be for a scale 1:76.2 paper side view profile to be included or printable off the support pages to scale off to help get them in the right place. Granted this is obviously subject to knowing exactly where the 1:1 ones were which isn't always obvious. That being said it could also be easily argued that anyone wanting to fit them would be more towards the more experienced modeler anyway and is happy to do their own research so they aren't required.

Hi @E100,

Great shout. We are looking at ways to guide modellers on how to attach the plates should they wish to do so.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Ruairidh Munro,

It's a fair comment and precisely why we have held off announcing the next batch until we get the first ones here, even though they will also will land later this year behind these announced models.

Cheers!

Fran 

I've three Accurascale locos in my portfolio, although two I never intended as they weren't in my 'era'.

Although the Class 37 has always been a favourite, I've avoided getting any of the liveries so far announced.

Waiting to hear what the next batches will contain, might be a little expensive. Can't wait for that little Black & Tan CIE beauty to turn up!

• Like 1

A suggestion.

A paper template, to scale, which shows the plates position in relation to grills, windows etc, which the modeller can cut out, including a hole for the plate, and lay on the side of the model. The plate can then be placed in the cut-out for the plate and positioning should be accurate, or as accurate as the modeller's cutting out and positioning on the model.

Some may find this helpful.

Roddy

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @E100,

Great shout. We are looking at ways to guide modellers on how to attach the plates should they wish to do so.

Cheers!

Fran 

For sticking them, I use thinned acrylic varnish with a tiny bit of detergent applied with a small pointy brush. Allows repositioning and any residue can be cleaned off the surrounding bodywork. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 07/03/2023 at 11:42, Covkid said:

I believe the new owner of 37606 aka 37508 has had the wipacs gas axed off and the nose ends retro modified to 37/5 standard, probably similar to 37714, but not sure about the DRAS multi socket.  

Not sure if you can open this link and it doesn't show the ends

FoKdlOLXwAMPb7X (2048×1536) (twimg.com)

Good close up video has appeared on YouTube today

so not an authentic 37/5 as still had that nose socket, LED marker lights and plated body side window

Edited by black and decker boy

• RMweb Premium
On 09/03/2023 at 13:00, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Since we announced our second run of Deltics, the question we get asked most often is; "When can I order a Class 37?" 

We've got our second production run waiting to announce once the first tractors arrive, and the first production run is long sold out.

Or is it?

Well, we actually have one from that first production run that we never announced. So welcome to our latest "Accurascale Exclusives" locomotive, available only direct via Accurascale; D6703 in BR Green with small yellow warning panels!

GEB_1772.jpeg.ccd7c83a75e23cdfc2b9c07c4de9ed57.jpeg

D6703 will arrive in special presentation packaging like you have come to expect from our exclusives range and will arrive as part of "Batch 3", due for delivery in June 2023. The production run is limited to 550 pieces split between DC/DCC Ready and DCC sound, so pre-ordering is recommended to avoid disappointment. 

Read all about it here: https://www.accurascale.com/blogs/news/new-accurascale-exclusive-class-37

(Please note that locomotive in the images provided is first decoration sample, with wrong body details specific to this loco used and with slight improvements to fit and finish made on production models you will receive)

Cheers!

Fran

I know it's a first deco sample, but I'm still not convinced about the separate window frame mouldings. I hope they are more flush and the joint line is less visible on the production models.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, newbryford said:

I know it's a first deco sample, but I'm still not convinced about the separate window frame mouldings. I hope they are more flush and the joint line is less visible on the production models.

It is a concern for me too, which is why I’m keen to see them. I have a plan hatched in my head to address it on the finished model if need be.

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, newbryford said:

Come on this is Accurascale. Of course the fit will be fettled to as perfect as they can get it. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hilux5972 said:

Come on this is Accurascale. Of course the fit will be fettled to as perfect as they can get it. 

Plus it’s not too bad on these earlier samples already. I really want this model to knock the spots off the overpriced but nevertheless very good competition!image.png.f52376935a5c1d459ebf4199c8ec089b.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Plus it’s not too bad on these earlier samples already. I really want this model to knock the spots off the overpriced but nevertheless very good competition!image.png.f52376935a5c1d459ebf4199c8ec089b.png

I would agree, the fit and finish of the windscreens looks a lot better.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/03/2023 at 09:44, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @E100,

Cheers!

Fran 

Looking at the pre-production sample of the nameplate in a previous post, got me thinking...

Could the outside of the etch ( not the plate itself, but the bit it's cut out from ) be shaped in such a way that if placed on the bodyside, it lines up with bodyside features, creating a positioning guide for the plate ?

It was the sample etch having a cut-out corner shape at the top left, that could be made to line up with the bodyside window in the pic above it, and maybe the right-hand end could be made to line up with the edge of the large grill ?

I appreciate that each etch would have to be made specifically for each side ( and marked up, to confirm which is which ), and you certainly wouldn't get as many plates on a sheet of etches, but it was just an idea, that could possibly give more consistent results than paper cut--outs ?

Hope that all makes sense !! 😅

Cheers,

Phil.

25 minutes ago, Phil Mc said:

Looking at the pre-production sample of the nameplate in a previous post, got me thinking...

Could the outside of the etch ( not the plate itself, but the bit it's cut out from ) be shaped in such a way that if placed on the bodyside, it lines up with bodyside features, creating a positioning guide for the plate ?

It was the sample etch having a cut-out corner shape at the top left, that could be made to line up with the bodyside window in the pic above it, and maybe the right-hand end could be made to line up with the edge of the large grill ?

I appreciate that each etch would have to be made specifically for each side ( and marked up, to confirm which is which ), and you certainly wouldn't get as many plates on a sheet of etches, but it was just an idea, that could possibly give more consistent results than paper cut--outs ?

Hope that all makes sense !! 😅

Cheers,

Phil.

Sounds like an easy way to scratch the lovely paintwork

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

B9ADAD9C-FC32-424E-A5CE-50C12B5DE135.jpeg.a0e970df44f1dc95ccd4f30f5938726f.jpegHow about this ROG class 37 800 as an Accurascale Limited edition. what a fantastic livery and on (i think) this locos 60th Birthday. 

😍😍😍😍

Just imagine the box!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1