Class 37, by Accurascale

• Accurascale staff
11 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Only going on the estimated arrival of the new batch of Deltics is Q1 2024. Does that mean the next run of 37's will be produced before them?

Hi @LNERandBR,

We do use several factories, so some have slots ahead of others. All will be revealed when we announce.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

With all of this debate over windscreens elsewhere on the forum, and your production ongoing / nearing completion, @Accurascale Fran can you share an updated photo of that area of the model and put the topic to bed once and for all?

Given you are much more likely to be producing liveries that are of interest in the next batch (I hope) I am very interested to see if it has improved since those earlier samples and now looks closer to the real thing ( hopefully narrowing the gap surrounding the separate part for the windscreen)

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

With all of this debate over windscreens elsewhere on the forum, and your production ongoing / nearing completion, @Accurascale Fran can you share an updated photo of that area of the model and put the topic to bed once and for all?

Given you are much more likely to be producing liveries that are of interest in the next batch (I hope) I am very interested to see if it has improved since those earlier samples and now looks closer to the real thing ( hopefully narrowing the gap surrounding the separate part for the windscreen)

On a similar note - is 97301 having a different window moulding fitted to replicate the reinforced window frames?

The lack of a grey band between the windows and flatter frame  - not a grommet - is quite noticeable.

(I've fitted Extreme etchings to my existing 97302/97304)

97301.jpg.0f501a93a5552d9472098c3e230deee6.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mick,

Regarding the window frames on 97301, we’ve done all three styles: original, original with toughened centre window and all toughened. The latter were designed including information taken from a survey of 97301 at Loram Derby. When originally modified the 97/3s showed a distinct thin strip of grey between the frames. However as time has taken its toll on these locomotives either dirt or black caulking has filled up the gaps between them creating the appearance of an unbroken black area.

Acc-97301-screens.jpg.f9dc787dc22fddc60e6e6ca9bd6548e2.jpg

There is still a noticeable gap between the toughened frames if you look closely. That said, the black window surrounds on our deco sample of 97301 did not quite match the artwork and need to cover the full extent of the frames. This has been fed back to the factory and will be corrected on the production models.

Cheers!

Fran 

I appreciate what you say about the very thin line between frames.

But then you say that the deco sample doesn't match the artwork and will be corrected.

When you say you've done all three types, is that by artwork only, or by artwork and different mouldings?

The sample pics of 97301 look very raised, but I'll wait until the production model arrives.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• Accurascale staff
24 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I appreciate what you say about the very thin line between frames.

But then you say that the deco sample doesn't match the artwork and will be corrected.

When you say you've done all three types, is that by artwork only, or by artwork and different mouldings?

The sample pics of 97301 look very raised, but I'll wait until the production model arrives.

Hi Mick,

Apologies, been a bit of a mad day here, so apologies for causing confusion. I could've phrased it better.

Our moulding is correct and has a very thin gap between the two frames.

The deco sample was not printed correctly and the black did not cover all of the window frames themselves as was specified on the artwork.

We have moulded three different styles of window frame for the Class 37 project, these are three distinct plastic parts, not painted representations on artwork. The frames themselves are moulded at the minimum tolerances and any attempt to make them thinner could have resulted in indistinct edges.

I hope this make more sense.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, E100 said:

Again sooner the better on knowing these 37's that are coming relatively soon :P

Well there’s your answer looks like pre-order folks will know what they are getting end of Feb before delivery the next month.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Rich,

As per my clarification last night, production samples are due later this month (February) ahead of delivery in late March. Once we get the production samples (which will be the ones to judge) we will naturally show them for the world to see. 

I think it's very important to remember that any decorated sample we have shown so far, whether it be online, at a show or no video, is NOT a final production sample, and something which we received 8 months ago now. Indeed, when we offered an update on the decorated sample progress we informed that the windscreen area was one that will be improved: https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/blogs/news/class-37-update-and-new-announcement-june-2023

These improvements consist of fit and finish of the glazing, the frames and the body (all separate parts) 

As you probably know, we have gone to great lengths to offer various types of windscreens as found across the history of the Class 37; original, original with toughened centre window and all toughened. So, there is many various types to get right which we have poured many hours to achieve and get right and you will see in the coming weeks when we show production samples how successful we have been. 

I guess this goes back to our stance on transparency, where we show every step of the way to keep everyone informed and offer a look at the other side of what goes into producing models. We of course hope that people understand that what you see first is not what you end up with, that you get something much better. We always welcome constructive feedback for these processes and improve should it be warranted. However, it's not really fair to use it as a final judgement too. 

Hi Mick,

Regarding the window frames on 97301, we’ve done all three styles: original, original with toughened centre window and all toughened. The latter were designed including information taken from a survey of 97301 at Loram Derby. When originally modified the 97/3s showed a distinct thin strip of grey between the frames. However as time has taken its toll on these locomotives either dirt or black caulking has filled up the gaps between them creating the appearance of an unbroken black area.

Acc-97301-screens.jpg.f9dc787dc22fddc60e6e6ca9bd6548e2.jpg

There is still a noticeable gap between the toughened frames if you look closely. That said, the black window surrounds on our deco sample of 97301 did not quite match the artwork and need to cover the full extent of the frames. This has been fed back to the factory and will be corrected on the production models.

Cheers!

Fran 

Detail, detail detail.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening,

I have been reading with interest the class 37 threads for the Accurascale and Bachmann models. I should say that I have no axe to grind with either manufacturer. I should also say that I greatly appreciate Accurascale's approach to model development and their openness and transparency. I've certainly learned much about the model development process and the related trials and tribulations. All that said I find it somewhat surprising that the best Accurascale can offer to show us at this stage given the discussions is "something which we received 8 months ago now". Given that as acknowledged by Fran, changes needed to be made to this samples, I would have expected that some further samples or at the very least photos would have been available from China to assure the Accurascale team that all was well before "pressing the production go button". Especially when the run is reported to be huge. Any mistakes identified when the production samples arrive later this month could be very costly. But maybe that's the process and could explain why my 3 Deltics arrived with Jumbo ears nose handrails. If so I continue to be educated.

Incidentally I do have skin in the game with 2 Accurascale 37s currently on preorder and plans to order some Scottish 37/4 when they are announced at Glasgow (ok that's conjecture on my behalf - the announcement that is ).

PJ10

Edited by PJ10

• Accurascale staff
10 minutes ago, PJ10 said:

Evening,

I have been reading with interest the class 37 threads for the Accurascale and Bachmann models. I should say that I have no axe to grind with either manufacturer. I should also say that I greatly appreciate Accurascale's approach to model development and their openness and transparency. I've certainly learned much about the model development process and the related trials and tribulations. All that said I find it somewhat surprising that the best Accurascale can offer to show us at this stage given the discussions is "something which we received 8 months ago now". Given that as acknowledged by Fran, changes needed to be made to this samples, I would have expected that some further samples or at the very least photos would have been available from China to assure the Accurascale team that all was well before "pressing the production go button". Especially when the run is reported to be huge. Any mistakes identified when the production samples arrive later this month could be very costly. But maybe that's the process and could explain why my 3 Deltics arrived with Jumbo ears nose handrails. If so I continue to be educated.

Incidentally I do have skin in the game with 2 Accurascale 37s currently on preorder and plans to order some Scottish 37/4 when they are announced at Glasgow (ok that's conjecture on my behalf - the announcement that is ).

PJ10

Hi @PJ10,

We did show further improvement on the limited edition model for the Heavy Tractor Group, blog here; https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/blogs/news/first-sample-of-heavy-tractor-group-limited-edition-accurascale-class-37-arrives-and-shows-future-range-direction

We have asked for a couple of tweaks thereafter from this which is being built into the production run. I’m not sure what more I can say, other than the production models will be here to show in a few weeks and we are confident they will capture the look of the tractors as we have intended. I’m sure you’ll be delighted with your orders. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @PJ10,

We did show further improvement on the limited edition model for the Heavy Tractor Group, blog here; https://www.accurascale.com/en-eu/blogs/news/first-sample-of-heavy-tractor-group-limited-edition-accurascale-class-37-arrives-and-shows-future-range-direction

We have asked for a couple of tweaks thereafter from this which is being built into the production run. I’m not sure what more I can say, other than the production models will be here to show in a few weeks and we are confident they will capture the look of the tractors as we have intended. I’m sure you’ll be delighted with your orders. 

Cheers!

Fran

Im absolutely sure we will indeed be delighted with the 37's if the 92 is anything to go by Fran. Personally, i cant wait. Ive got a HTG 37 on order as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
4 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Im absolutely sure we will indeed be delighted with the 37's if the 92 is anything to go by Fran. Personally, i cant wait. Ive got a HTG 37 on order as well. 

Hi @Krieghoff,

Im sure modellers will love them and enjoy them for many years to come as they have with the various models we have brought to market to date, and it’s great to be able to support preservation groups like HTG along the way too.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Krieghoff,

Im sure modellers will love them and enjoy them for many years to come as they have with the various models we have brought to market to date, and it’s great to be able to support preservation groups like HTG along the way too.

Cheers!

Fran

You guys try your best and your dealing with things way out of your control,you engage and bend over backwards to help and if thats not good enough let them go elsewhere,good things come to those who wait is it not,you have nothing to keep apologising for,it just gets better with each release,just need Accuracab control to drive them properly and we are sorted.

• Agree 18
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

BTW reference my previous post D6898, below,  happens to be an RSH built example, clearly showing its subtle difference from the Vulcan Foundry built WR locos.

1771165841_d6898copy.jpg.80de9029d532a768898a24e6108912a5.jpg

Nice mixed Banana van train, including a SR one, third in. 

Paul

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
2 minutes ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Hoping that you'll have the production samples in time for ModelRail Scotland at the end of the month and we can look forward to drooling over a cabinet of shiney Tractors 😁🤤🚜

Hi @Ruairidh Munro,

That's certainly the aim! it will be the perfect place to show them off.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 02/02/2023 at 00:22, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Sulzer71,

Our next batch covers something long awaited in Class 37 land and also models for a variety of eras, including current day. It will be worth the wait, honestly :)

Cheers!

Fran 

Do I need to get on my knees and beg for a WCRC version? Please? Bachmann glossed over it again this round so please please please. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

If there's to be an announcement at the Scottish show, I'll ask on behalf of friend (and many others I expect lol), IS based 37/0's and 37/4's.  Exit stage right.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

If there's to be an announcement at the Scottish show, I'll ask on behalf of friend (and many others I expect lol), IS based 37/0's and 37/4's.  Exit stage right.....

I'm hoping that as they usually announce something with a Scottish theme at Glasgow it's going to be Class 26s and 27s 😁 , although if it was IS 37s I'd be more than happy although Accurascale said they won't announce the next batch until the first lot arrive

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
9 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I'm hoping that as they usually announce something with a Scottish theme at Glasgow it's going to be Class 26s and 27s 😁 , although if it was IS 37s I'd be more than happy although Accurascale said they won't announce the next batch until the first lot arrive

There will be an announcement at Glasgow (at least one in fact) but it won't be 37s :)  (that said, there are more 37's coming very soon :) ) 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I very much doubt Accurascale will be announcing Class 26's and 27's.  I think they will be left in the realm of Heljan and maybe in the future, Phil Sutton as part of his type 2 range.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1