Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

So we can get back to the actual topic, we have an Audi on order via a company car, it was due next week, we have made all the arrangements to swap reg plates, insurance, move cars around to other individuals to have an email on Thursday to say it’s 7 months delayed, sorry this is the world we live in currently so let’s move on PLEASE it’s not just AS having supply issues, and yes we have paid a 6 months deposit at the order placement stage. Also look at other threads Heljan 47, Dapol’s 59 SLW Class 24/25 etc etc etc 

When they've sent you a second or third email teĺling you the same thing , your patience may start to wear thin .

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

So we can get back to the actual topic, we have an Audi on order via a company car, it was due next week, we have made all the arrangements to swap reg plates, insurance, move cars around to other individuals to have an email on Thursday to say it’s 7 months delayed, sorry this is the world we live in currently so let’s move on PLEASE it’s not just AS having supply issues, and yes we have paid a 6 months deposit at the order placement stage. Also look at other threads Heljan 47, Dapol’s 59 SLW Class 24/25 etc etc etc 

The latest Hornby 87s too, though I’m backdating respraying a £99 special instead at some point instead.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Albie the plumber said:

When they've sent you a second or third email teĺling you the same thing , your patience may start to wear thin .

I have very little patience in general life, but I understand the position Accurascale is in. I work with a lot of companies who manufacture offshore and this sort of thing is commonplace, alas. In the good old days when you had Margate and Binns Road making the models, it was different, but you’d be paying a lot more for the models if we still manufactured them here. A shame in many ways, but that’s the world we live in today.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

around to other individuals to have an email on Thursday to say it’s 7 months delayed

5 minutes ago, 97406 said:

In the good old days when you had Margate and Binns Road making the models, it was different

I know somebody in a similar position with a JLR product, so it's not even an issue restricted to offshore.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

Have I missed something? Surely this is a website dedicated to, in effect, discretionary spend on model railways, rather than something more life critical? 

Model Railways are not a matter of life and death.

They're more important than that.

😉

• Funny 15

2 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

Have I missed something? Surely this is a website dedicated to, in effect, discretionary spend on model railways, rather than something more life critical? 

The thing is that people tend to be passionate about their hobbies, that's why they have them as hobbies. So it's understandable people getting annoyed about situations (not limited to those of timings).

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I am fine with the delay because the lives & health of these workers is far greater than the urgent need for the on time delivery of these locos however eagerly anticipated.

As far as I am concerned, as long as we get honest updates, progress information and realism I am happy.

Again, please pass on out thanks and gratitude to these workers so they know that we appreciate them.

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Albie the plumber said:

Do you need a hug? You seem very angry over nothing.

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I know somebody in a similar position with a JLR product, so it's not even an issue restricted to offshore.

The JLR product may be manufactures/assembled in the UK, but some of the components will almost certainly not be.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Albie the plumber said:

Perhaps when, as in my case, you have lost a parent to Covid, you are a little more patient and understanding?

Some things are really important, our models are not. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

2 minutes ago, figworthy said:

The JLR product may be manufactures/assembled in the UK, but some of the components will almost certainly not be.

Adrian

Yeah, my point was that even if toy trains were made here, we'd still have supply issues.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Albie the plumber said:

We will wait and see shall we, Kia are quoting Jan delivery for an order placed last May, we still don’t have a build date and we are mid Jan. I do think there are much more deep issues than a late model but hey ho such as 88 million which is more than the whole of the Uk having infections in the Henin province 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

i could be wrong (i have not ordered a 37 i have no axe to grind) but is the issue that AS have asked for payment with the promise of the loco arriving in the next few weeks, payments made and now the loco is 3 months away?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

i could be wrong (i have not ordered a 37 i have no axe to grind) but is the issue that AS have asked for payment with the promise of the loco arriving in the next few weeks, payments made and now the loco is 3 months away?

I have already paid for my 31 as I did with my Deltic, pretty sure many of us prepay for models as AS method of paying is so good instead of a one off but that’s my preference and it’s interest free

2 minutes ago, jonnyuk said:

If it's my minor complaint you are referring to, then not exactly. The payment deadlines don't promise delivery of the models on X time after payment, so no promises have been broken. It's just that logically the payment deadlines could have been further back in reality and the money could have been in my bank account for longer (for what little good it does in there).

If you're talking about Albies complaint, that is more that there have been several delays and so he thinks they shouldn't give timescales.

I get this is frustrating for some but I am sure this is more frustrating for the guys at Accurascale who would love to the see the 37 project delivered to their eager, waiting customers. Given what happened a few years ago in China when many workers did not go back after Chinese new year coupled with soaring COVID infection rates there, I fully expect dates to slip again. 
I work in the Automotive industry which is still being badly affected by supply chain issues whether it be semi conductors, parts which were previously produced in the Ukraine and Russia and ongoing supply disruption due to COVID outbreaks and restrictions in China. 

Out of interest, when are pre-orders likely to open for the Class 37 sound chips?  

Cheers. 
Bill. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

And so it should be, you're effectively lending them money not the other way round!

True and to be honest it’s a pretty cute way of financing a project and I take my hat off to them for the forward thinking, think it’s called business acumen 🤦‍♂️👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

True and to be honest it’s a pretty cute way of financing a project and I take my hat off to them for the forward thinking, think it’s called business acumen 🤦‍♂️👍

I'm not critising it. If it works for you then fair play.

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, younGGuns7 said:

Some would call it crowdfunding by stealth............  😀

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

I'm not critising it. If it works for you then fair play.

It does, I like to pay monthly and keep any cash I have in my bank just in case of any unexpected emergencies such as a new Bachmann release 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Funny 2