Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St. Simon said:

I think I can decide who’s model I’ll buy thank you.

I was simply trying to establish an answer to a thought I had personally and McC’s answer was perfectly acceptable and I don’t have any problems with the model

For the record I have two Accurascale 37s on order and one Bachmann, I like both for different reasons.

Yes, I work for Kernow one day a week, but just stop trying to use that to discredit my personal opinions and views.

Simon

It’s a question I’d pondered too - thanks for asking it 

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Torbay Express said:

Fear not you can always buy one of your bosses with sound (but without hall sensors) for £344.95.....

11 hours ago, St. Simon said:

I think I can decide who’s model I’ll buy thank you.

Yes, I work for Kernow one day a week, but just stop trying to use that to discredit my personal opinions and views.

Kernow doesnt seem to have any Accurascale 37s… 

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/1711/Accurascale

31’s, 92’s but no 37’s.

Edited by adb968008

37 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Kernow doesnt seem to have any Accurascale 37s… 

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/c/1711/Accurascale

31’s, 92’s but no 37’s.

Hi,

They do, but it has been discussed before on this thread the Accurascale 37s, I’m led to believe, are now sold out on Pre-Order and have been taken off the website.

Simon

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

They do, but it has been discussed before on this thread the Accurascale 37s, I’m led to believe, are now sold out on Pre-Order and have been taken off the website.

Simon

Makes sense,if theres non left to sell why advertise them,they all seem to be gone everywhere,there is bound to be a few on e bay once they arrive though......just assume the bend and brace yourself position.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, thetrains said:

There we have it,good job @thetrains,possibly the last bastion of the Accuascale 37 to buy at retail,no need to thank me,fill your boots.

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Torbay Express said:

I was just pointing out a fact, and being supportive to solve your problem. You made the flange squeal sound, sound ike a catastrophe! 

Not trying to discredit, but previous posts 'personal opinions' have been very pro Barwell and K, as though you like to suck-hole upto your 'masters' to gain 'brownie points'.  Just my thoughts.... 

anyone who has actually met Simon would know this is complete tosh. Simon raised a valid point that those with tight curves throughout their layout might worry about a squealing tractor most of the way around the layout - which would get tiring very quickly. A/S have confirmed that it can be tuned, or even turned off by CV adjustment in response. Surely this is enough?

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
5 minutes ago, Rockhopper said:

C&M Carlisle seem to have a handful left on their website.

I have pre-ordered 37043 (sound) from there a bit back. As well as the automated email responses confirming the order I also got one from Mike acknowledging and confirming the pre-order which was a bit of extra piece of mind. 

https://cmmodels.7.ekm.shop/class-37-diesel-566-c.asp

Are we still waiting for the news/update this week? It's Friday tomorrow 🙂

Hi @Rockhopper,

Typing as fast as I can! Will have it tomorrow.

I missed out on 043 myself. Gutted! I hope there will be one left in the warehouse, but we always prioritise our customers first.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Rockhopper,

I missed out on 043 myself. Gutted! I hope there will be one left in the warehouse, but we always prioritise our customers first.

Cheers!

Fran 

Oh Lordi, another sleepless night 🤪

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Rockhopper,

Cheers!

Fran 

Psssss, how long does it take to type...

🥳 They've arrived!!! 🥳

😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I missed out on 043 myself.

It would be an interesting thing to know what % (or any other metric) of employees at model railway manufacturers across the UK are into it themselves.

I manage a (design) engineering team at work, and I always look for those who are an engineer by state of mind rather than engineer by job. I expect in most industries (where possible) it is massively beneficial to have team members who are genuinely interested in the subject, work and/or fruits of the labour beyond making money.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

It would be an interesting thing to know what % (or any other metric) of employees at model railway manufacturers across the UK are into it themselves

We are possibly a little anomalous in (becoming) a larger manufacturer that’s been established in the first instance by modellers. Our philosophy has been to recruit the best possible talent to aid our mission who are also passionate about model railways. So far only one person, Marie in accounts, doesn’t personally collect or build so our ratio is good :) if you don’t have a passion for it, you certainly wouldnt do it for the money and plaudits 😄

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 3

46 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Frans been watching the Elon Musk story,next he will be sleeping under his desk at work

after a 20 hour shift day after day.

The thing is in Musk's case, I aren't sure anyone is a collector of electric cars yet.

He did (and still does) however a very good job of collecting money.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Rockhopper,

Cheers!

Fran 

You run the company ( with others ) and didn’t order one for yourself ?

As our American friends might say , “ Epic fail, dude !!”

• Accurascale staff

As a general ‘warning klaxon’ we would recommend dropping your email into the ‘email me if this becomes available’ box on any sold out items. As balances invoices are raised and tides move there is  always a trickle of models available once stock Is sorted and dispatched so there is always a chance to grab models (still at the original price) shortly after stock physically lands if you are quick!

Edited by McC
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Frans been watching the Elon Musk story,next he will be sleeping under his desk at work

after a 20 hour shift day after day.

Being under your desk has taken a whole different meaning this week.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

😀

1 hour ago, McC said:

As a general ‘warning klaxon’ we would recommend dropping your email into the ‘email me if this becomes available’ box on any sold out items. As balances invoices are raised and tides move there is  always a trickle of models available once stock Is sorted and dispatched so there is always a chance to grab models (still at the original price) shortly after stock physically lands if you are quick!

So, is that the anticipated Friday announcement we have all been eagerly awaiting?😀

Edited by cessna152towser

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Why do i have a vision of Fran slumped over a steaming typewriter.......we are pushing these guys too hard,model trains are recreation right.....no news is good news.

Yes, and Accurascale’s are particularly good recreation…. 😀

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1